Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse Oscar-nominated for BEST ANIMATED FEATURE FILM

It's kind of overshadowed by the Best Picture Oscar nomination for Black Panther, but congratulations should also go to Marvel for the Oscar nomination for Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse for being nominated for Best Animated Feature!

That's two important Oscar nominations for Marvel this year!

The other nominations in the category are:
    - Incredibles 2
    - Isle of Dogs
    - Mirai
    - Ralph Breaks the Internet

I haven't seen any of these as I usually just buy animated movies on Blu-Ray and Spider-Verse, Incredibles, and Ralph are definitely going to be added to my collection.

Has anyone seen Isle of Dogs or Mirai? What are your thoughts?

As far as which movie will WIN the Oscar, do you think Spider-Verse has a realistic chance against Disney's 2 movies?

Which of the 5 nominees do you think will win Best Animated Feature?

I loved this movie, and it's the first comic book movie my daughter has actually asked to go see.

I didn't see Mirai, and I was expecting to like Isle of Dogs much more than I actually did.

Incredibles and Ralph were both fun movies, but I found them somewhat forgettable.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Not that there's a category for this, but Spider-Verse may not have been the best movie of the year for me, but it was definitely the most entertaining movie. Animated or otherwise.

Yay! These are all pretty strong movies. Usually this category saddens and enrages me (see: Boss Baby), but I don't think I'd be unhappy if any of these wins it. Of course, top contenders are always going to be the Disney/Pixar ones (regardless of quality), so most likely winners are Ralph or Incredibles 2. I'd be so happy if it went to Spider-Verse, though. Beating out two Disney films is almost impossible, but you never know.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Not that there's a category for this, but Spider-Verse may not have been the best movie of the year for me, but it was definitely the most entertaining movie. Animated or otherwise.
    I think they should give voice acting awards.

Shemeik Moore and Mahershala Ali both were amazing, which is especially notable for Ali since he had pretty limited "screen time".
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.

I didn't see Mirai,

It's a "unofficial" studio ghibi film.

Here is the us trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post

Here is the us trailer.

Interesting. I'll add it to my list. My daughter really love Ghibli(esque) films and animation, to the point where she made me promise not to play Ni No Kuni 2 when she wasn't home. She just turned 5 before Christmas so I'd have to read most of the non-spoken text aloud.
    Pull List:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Really? I know the director and studio is the same as Wolf Children and Boy and the Beast, etc. I'm not sure how it relates to Ghibli.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I wish it was also nominated for it's OST. I loved the music the movie used.

If this doesn't win best animated film I'm honestly going to be upset
    The J-man

Isle of Dogs was funny, cute and charming and I'd recommend it, but Into the Spiderverse was easily my favourite animated film and really hoping that it wins. Hell, it was my favourite Marvel film of the year.

Ultimate Member

Much deserved.

I hope Spider-verse. It's legit one of the best movies I saw last year.

Wow! This has been a stellar year for comic book movies. I expected this nomination seeing the insane word of mouth. I haven't seen it yet. But i plan to.

Fantastic Member

Unlike black panther this is much deserved. Great film

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Shriveling_memo View Post
    Unlike black panther this is much deserved. Great film

It is the US Open final again 2018. I cant remember the girl who beat serena. I don't know her name but I know Serena, her drama diva behaviour overshadowed the winner. that is what black panther is doing.

UP and Beauty and Beast were nominated for best picture. the oscars could nominate up to 10 films. they should have nominated into the spideverse for best picture too and mission impossible fallout as a twin for black panther. then we will have had 2 block buster movies and black panther won't look all that weird being in the best picture category.The oscars are not the brightest people. they cant even hide their dirty politics and scam tactics well.
    Last edited by Jeramas; 01-23-2019 at 08:01 AM.