Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default What will it take to do a live action film of the origin of the ORIGINAL JLA ?

Given the mess that was Justice League: What will it take for WB and DC to do an actual Live action film adaptation on the iconic origins of the ORIGINAL JUSTICE LEAGUE WITH THE ORIGINAL 7 HERO LINE UP OF: AQUAMAN, THE FLASH, GREEN LANTERN, MARTIAN MANHUNTER, BATMAN, SUPERMAN AND WONDER WOMAN ?

I mean Why not beat Marvel to the punch by showing an actual live action take on the iconic Justice League origin of Brave and the Bold #28 ?

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Starro the Conqueror, Appellaxians, or White Martians?

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Starro the Conqueror, Appellaxians, or White Martians?

Starro the Conqueror with a dash of White Martians...sort of how the Avengers was made with Loki, the Chitauri and Thanos.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Obviously, the original comic is too short for a film but taking its cue from JLA: Year One could be interesting - though obviously it would be notably different with all of the Big 7.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    Obviously, the original comic is too short for a film but taking its cue from JLA: Year One could be interesting - though obviously it would be notably different with all of the Big 7.
    Would Snapper Carr be in it?

Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Boisterously Confused

It would take Disney somehow wresting DC from WB, and turning it over to Feige.

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Would Snapper Carr be in it?

One could only hope.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

The League forms against the onslaught of the Lovecraftian horror that is STARRO.

Superman, Batman, Aquaman, Wonder Woman, Flash, and Green Lantern. I'd prolly keep Cyborg though, honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    The League forms against the onslaught of the Lovecraftian horror that is STARRO.

Superman, Batman, Aquaman, Wonder Woman, Flash, and Green Lantern. I'd prolly keep Cyborg though, honestly.
    I'd still prefer having Cyborg as a later generation hero and funding member of Teen Titans as opposed to a JL funding member. Black Lightning would be a good choice as funder over Vic.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I'd still prefer having Cyborg as a later generation hero and funding member of Teen Titans as opposed to a JL funding member. Black Lightning would be a good choice as funder over Vic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post

What's wrong with Martian Manhunter ?

I just want to see a type of media that just adapts the ORIGINAL line up of the Justice League...Is that so wrong to ask ?

do a Kickstarter or GoFundMe and raise One Billion Dollars.

Plus mainstream audiences and general people would pick it apart when you've got Marvel over there doing such deep and diverse stories.

What DC really needs to do is build on the success of Wonder Woman and Aquaman and go from there.
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    What's wrong with Martian Manhunter ?

I just want to see a type of media that just adapts the ORIGINAL line up of the Justice League...Is that so wrong to ask ?
    Nothing, I kind of thought this was in addition to Martian Manhunter, so the league wouldn't be all white and one green dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Nothing, I kind of thought this was in addition to Martian Manhunter, so the league wouldn't be all white and one green dude.
    Except that's what it is. I'm all for adding more POC and women to the League but the founders are the founders.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    Except that's what it is. I'm all for adding more POC and women to the League but the founders are the founders.
    Eh, I'm not as big a stickler for "It must be like the comics!" as most here, if you add one extra founder that's okay by me.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I don't think complete fidelity to the source material is the answer to DC's movie woes.

Marvel makes changes all the time. Black Widow & Hawkeye weren't founding Avengers. Tony Stark didn't invent Ultron. Cap & Nick Fury weren't WW2 war buddies. Aunt May isn't hot. The important thing is that the Marvel movies stay true to the spirit of what Stan, Jack & Steve built.

In other words, the details don't really matter in the heart of the characters are there. Snyder didn't really nail that for anyone, but Jenkins and Wan did, despite also making big changes from the source material.