Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Anyone else want them to do more with Comissioner Gordon?

I've always wanted them to do more with him and I remember the story line in the animated series where Batgirl almost died and Jim found out she was Barbara after that he started a war with Batman and went so far as to bring Bane in on it. I've always wanted to see something like that done in the comics and while I don't think they'd do the same thing completely I'd like to see something similar done and I think something cool to see would be the Reaper redone and rebooted and for Jim to take up that mantle but for it to be a split personality type thing. By which I mean I think it would be good if something did happen to Barbara as Batgirl and her identity was outed and Jim just completely cut ties with Batman and shut him out 100% then time passes Barbara stays in a coma and someone starts killing off vigilantes and criminals in Gotham and it's a new Reaper.

I think this would be cool to see for Batman to have to deal with a dangerous serial killer who targets anybody with a super power or super identity while having to dodge the police. Then for the big twist to be that Jim's the killer and has developed a split personality I like this idea because it sort of preserves Jim as a character. I also think it would interesting to see something horrible happen to Barbara and for it to make Jim snap and I think he'd make a good enemy for Bruce especially because of how close he is to him.

I also like this idea because I'd like to see Jim antagonizing Batman throwing his hypocrisy in his face saying things like "You know you can say you don't kill but you have no problem tolerating murder if a Robin kills you just let it slide but hey it's fine so long as you don't kill right? Let's face it you have more blood on your hands than anyone else. How many people are dead or worse just because they were near or believed in you? How many times was Barbara in danger and you just lied to Jim's face?" I just like the idea of Jim going to the dark side and having an argument with Bruce like that.

I also would like to see Barbara's reaction if her dad went down a route like that and blamed Batman for everything bad that happened to her.

Please no, Gordon should remain an ally of Batman's, free of split personality, no blaming or antagonizing, etc. More should be done with the character, but it should be to build him up not ruin him. Maybe have him run for mayor, or fight and survive cancer, or have to quit the GCPD and become a private detective or something. A lot of things you can do without making him dark or clashing against Batman.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Please no, Gordon should remain an ally of Batman's, free of split personality, no blaming or antagonizing, etc. More should be done with the character, but it should be to build him up not ruin him. Maybe have him run for mayor, or fight and survive cancer, or have to quit the GCPD and become a private detective or something. A lot of things you can do without making him dark or clashing against Batman.
    Gordon should just be friendly support, I think. I didn't like it when they made his marriage all weird.

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    Gordon should just be friendly support, I think. I didn't like it when they made his marriage all weird.
    Ain't it the truth. I'm still confused about whether Barbara is still Jim's niece or daughter.
    Last edited by K7P5V; 01-22-2019 at 10:45 PM. Reason: Made a correction.

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    Uh, I didn't say anything about him not being friendly support. He should always be friendly support, just thinking up things you could do with Jim that still leaves him as a Batman supporter.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Uh, I didn't say anything about him not being friendly support. He should always be friendly support, just thinking up things you could do with Jim that still leaves him as a Batman supporter.
    S'okay. Some of us are very confused about the state and status of the Bat-Family itself. To get much deeper into the supporting cast right now isn't someplace I personally want to go at the moment, but if an interesting idea came up, I'd say go for it.

Amazing Member

I was a fan of Superheavy and it changed the way I look at Gordon forever. Every time I see him now, even if he looks old and scrawny, I see the buff veteran with a mohawk underneath, waiting to come back. I wouldn't mind if the GCPD Batman division came back a la Batman Incorporated style and Gordon was at the head of it again. Maybe pair him up with Batwing or Tim Drake to give them something to do too. Just looking at New 52 and onward Batman from a continuity perspective, it would make more sense to see their relationship evolve instead of constantly being held back by the "I'm a cop, you're a vigilante - I'm gonna bring you in if you don't follow the law" hump. Even though I like what King is doing it feels like we're treading ground from way back in Year One with how there's still tension between Batman and Gordon.