Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Think I saw bits and pieces of that one. Don't remember it very well.

The Ultimate Spider-Man tie-ins (both in the main series and that Requiem epilogue thing) were pretty good. Granted, I didn't read any of the other stuff related to the event.
    IMO even Ultimate Spider-Man felt like it was treading water a bit after Ultimatum. A lot of the stories just felt like filler until 'Death of Spider-Man' but they were still pretty good and entertaining. But Spidey got it best compared to the rest of the universe. Besides the story itself being absolute garbage, most of the following books lost its luster after that event

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Kirkman's run is a disaster and then Ultimatum killed the book and pretty much the universe.

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    IMO even Ultimate Spider-Man felt like it was treading water a bit after Ultimatum. A lot of the stories just felt like filler until 'Death of Spider-Man' but they were still pretty good and entertaining.
    Yeah, I agree with that; pre-Ultimatum was the best run for USM, the rest of it never really recaptured that. (Course, that era, esp. the Miles stuff, was constantly being hijacked by events, so it never got the chance to build itself up like the earlier stuff did.)

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    But Spidey got it best compared to the rest of the universe. Besides the story itself being absolute garbage, most of the following books lost its luster after that event
    Yeah, seems like at the end, the only thing vocal people online seemed to want to be saved was Miles Morales. Heck, it kinda seems like Ultimate Spider-Man the series as a whole has been the only part of the Ultimate line to have any real staying power.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Better then anything he did on Ultimate Spider-Man? (Which issue, incidentally? The only stuff I read of his UXM run that wasn't flipping through a book in the library was his Wolverine/Spider-Man/Daredevil crossover story.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Issue #41.
    This, issue 41 is as good as anything Bendis ever wrote in my opinion for one single issue.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    This, issue 41 is as good as anything Bendis ever wrote in my opinion for one single issue.
    I'd vote USM #13 or that second Spider-Man Requiem issue for that, but fair enough.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

I'd vote USM #13 or that second Spider-Man Requiem issue for that, but fair enough.
    Bendis run Ultimate Spiderman was by far his best work, and those issues you mentioned are both amazing and right up there with UXM #41. All I'm saying is that that specific issue was just as good as anything else he ever wrote, not necessarily better, but imho nothing beats it either.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Bendis run Ultimate Spiderman was by far his best work, and those issues you mentioned are both amazing and right up there with UXM #41. All I'm saying is that that specific issue was just as good as anything else he ever wrote, not necessarily better, but imho nothing beats it either.
    Okay.

10char
    (All-New Wolverine #4)