Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 162223242526

Tankadin and Sub Rogue specifically.

I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Space Colony "Londenion", Side 1 (in-character)

She/the two of them made dual-wielding a real weapon in one hand and a psionic one in the other so memorably iconic.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

Thank GOD for X'97. Cautious about "From the Ashes". Please no more Blue vs. Orange.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Is it true that Betsy as Captain Britain has all of Kwannon's fighting skill, but Kwannon doesn't have nearly as much of Betsy's psionic mastery?
    So far Betsy hasn't shown any Eastern style combat skills since going back to her original body. In the events leading to Age of X-Man had her more hack & slash with her psy
    broadsword & shield. Same for her action scenes in Excalibur.

In terms Kwannon so far psionic wise she's displayed telepathy but the basic: reading/sharing thoughts & the psyknife. I don't think we'll get to see much more until Hellions starts. I was hoping they'd at least keep her empathy abilities but I see it a bit redundant with Empath being on the team.
    Last edited by Alexi; 12-28-2019 at 02:20 PM.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alexi View Post
    So far Betsy hasn't shown any Eastern style combat skills since going back to her original body. In the events leading to Age of X-Man had her more hack & slash with her psy

In terms Kwannon so far psionic wise she's displayed telepathy but the basic: reading/sharing thoughts & the psyknife. I don't think we'll get to see much more until Hellions starts. I was hoping they'd at least keep her empathy abilities but I see it a bit redundant with Empath being on the team.
    Great, thanks! This all gets so confusing, because I thought that Kwannon had Betsy's body with all of her powers and same potential. I guess in the end it doesn't matter since the writers will probably focus on how different Kwannon's fighting style is.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

This is awesome. Think I'll play around with the colors and see what she's look like if her costume was red, but her sash was purple.

Omega Level Member WhitePhoenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    This is awesome. Think I'll play around with the colors and see what she's look like if her costume was red, but her sash was purple.
    If her costume was red she would look like Elektra.

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Space Colony "Londenion", Side 1 (in-character)

This line of thought now brings me back to the late and lamented MC2 line. A world where Logan married Elektra and they had a daughter. Rina "Wild Thing" Logan with no bone claws but could manifest psionic facsimiles on her knuckles as taught to her by (never-re-British-ized) Betsy!Psylocke. But being Elektra's daughter, she could also shift the psi-claws into "handheld" psi-sais.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

Thank GOD for X'97. Cautious about "From the Ashes". Please no more Blue vs. Orange.

EM_mMtvU0AAFR3F.jpg

I don't really like Betsy's uniform here. But definitely would love this on 'Kwannon'.

They need to tell us her real name already.

love that
    <3 <3 <3

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    EM_mMtvU0AAFR3F.jpg

I don't really like Betsy's uniform here. But definitely would love this on 'Kwannon'.

They need to tell us her real name already.
    they might pull a Rogue and wait 20 years...lol

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    they might pull a Rogue and wait 20 years...lol
    Yeah, as much has I'd love for them to get rid of the thong, it's unfortunately her most memorable look. That's why even when she was Betslocke, they kept her in that uniform for years. The Revolution look failed so even her X-treme uniform was back to the thong, complete with garters that time. Betsy didn't get a change that stuck until Remender's X-Force run & it was subtle at first. A black & grey take on the thong but with less of those silly arm/leg/thigh straps & the back was actually covering, then the body suit version until she was mostly rocking the suit she had on Storms X-Women team full time.

If Kwannon manages to take off in Hellions I've got a feeling the 90's thong will be her definitive look for a good long while. Purely for marketing purposes.

I still feel anything purple & pink she be Betsy only & that they should keep Kwannon's hair black with brown eyes. Also feel her psi color signature should've been changed also.

Yeah, as much has I'd love for them to get rid of the thong, it's unfortunately her most memorable look. That's why even when she was Betslocke, they kept her in that uniform for years. The Revolution look failed so even her X-treme uniform was back to the thong, complete with garters that time. Betsy didn't get a change that stuck until Remender's X-Force run & it was subtle at first. A black & grey take on the thong but with less of those silly arm/leg/thigh straps & the back was actually covering, then the body suit version until she was mostly rocking the suit she had on Storms X-Women team full time.

If Kwannon manages to take off in Hellions I've got a feeling the 90's thong will be her definitive look for a good long while. Purely for marketing purposes.

I still feel anything purple & pink she be Betsy only & that they should keep Kwannon's hair black with brown eyes. Also feel her psi color signature should've been changed also.
    I was talking about her name, not costume

Speaking of costume, they need to get her in something new. The bathing suit is dated AF. If they want something similar, then go for it but people arent stupid enough that they cant tell who she is if they modernize her look

BANNED

We’ve seen Kwannon use telekinesis to levitate. The first issue of Fallen Ángels.