Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast
    hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post
    It's my biggest complaint. I will never not trash that outfit.
    Same. I'd love to see her get something that resembles an actual kunoichi. Or, at the least, put her in something like what Taki from Soul Calibur wears. Skin tight and sexy still, but not a thongkini.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

I’d love to see a complete overhaul of her Psylocke look.

Something influenced by Maki Nomiya perhaps.

ED97CB03-FBF9-465A-AA6E-33E5D2119C6A.jpg

87011236-C4FB-41B7-A740-5B9A12E0E159.jpg

3707F953-0941-4444-9F89-4CC91971D656.jpg

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Space Colony "Londenion", Side 1 (in-character)

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Same. I'd love to see her get something that resembles an actual kunoichi. Or, at the least, put her in something like what Taki from Soul Calibur wears. Skin tight and sexy still, but not a thongkini.
    images.jpg
    At least it's not putting Kwannon in the above character's sister's (initial) garb instead, or her arch-enemy's.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

Thank GOD for X'97. Cautious about "From the Ashes". Please no more Blue vs. Orange.

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    I’d love to see a complete overhaul of her Psylocke look.

Something influenced by Maki Nomiya perhaps.

ED97CB03-FBF9-465A-AA6E-33E5D2119C6A.jpg

87011236-C4FB-41B7-A740-5B9A12E0E159.jpg

3707F953-0941-4444-9F89-4CC91971D656.jpg
    I like the suggestion.
    I come when there's something to take but I never give anything back.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

This is what I was imagining.
    Last edited by Harpsikord; 11-13-2019 at 09:16 PM.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Space Colony "Londenion", Side 1 (in-character)

With Betsy and Kwannon both distinct persons, I'm wondering about their possible BGMs/leitmotifs. I'm talking about Capcom and the sweet themes they cooked up for Psylocke. There are two prominent tunes. Now which would you give to Kwannon and which ought to remain connected to Betsy?

First is this BGM for the side-scrolling beat-em-up "X-Men: Mutant Apocalypse" on SNES (which got a promotional one-off comic-book adaptation, IIRC).

Second is the Psylocke theme for the fighting games, namely "X-Men: Children of the Atom" and "Marvel Super Heroes."

Which of these do you want for Kwannon? Betsy can keep the other.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

Thank GOD for X'97. Cautious about "From the Ashes". Please no more Blue vs. Orange.

I loved he first issue. Finally Kwannon can become a real character.
    I do still hate how she's keeping Betsy's old clothes and codename, but those are obviously editorial mandates.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I do still hate how she's keeping Betsy's old clothes and codename, but those are obviously editorial mandates.
    Yes. Kawnnon (who doesn't be called Kwannon) was mostly a plot device than a character most of the times (well I can't say all the time, as I gave up reading X-Books for years) so it's quite nice that she's finally getting what seems to be a big character development and background.

Anyway, she's Psylocke now, so I understand that she's keeping the most famous Psylocke suit (and name) for marketing reasons. I don't mind, as a book needs too sell. I don't want it to be cancelled, at least not soon, as there are obviously some stories to be told.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    The clothes is Kwannon own, the code name is Betsy. The purple bikini is Hand ninja gear just like Electra. The keeping of the name is the ultimate piece of petty by Kwannon.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 11-14-2019 at 04:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post

This is what I was imagining.
    That is nice. Love it.

I loved the first issue. It made me want to read more about Kwannon.

Ultimate Member

I had thought maybe that now Kwannon was back in her original body, we'd see more of the original pre-body/mindswap character, a non-mutant Hand assassin with no special powers (yet formidable nonetheless), a la Elektra, but, inexplicably, her old body has somehow become a telepathic mutant, despite being, IIRC, neither a telepath nor a mutant, before the swap with Betsy...

Weird.

She's taken Betsy's name as Psylocke, as well, which would have been a funny choice if she lost the 'psi' she borrowed from Betsy's mutant body (and should, theoretically, have lost when she transferred back to a non-mutant body) in the swap. I guess she's now a mutant? Krakoa seems to be okay with her presence on the island...

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I had thought maybe that now Kwannon was back in her original body, we'd see more of the original pre-body/mindswap character, a non-mutant Hand assassin with no special powers (yet formidable nonetheless), a la Elektra, but, inexplicably, her old body has somehow become a telepathic mutant, despite being, IIRC, neither a telepath nor a mutant, before the swap with Betsy...

Weird.

She's taken Betsy's name as Psylocke, as well, which would have been a funny choice if she lost the 'psi' she borrowed from Betsy's mutant body (and should, theoretically, have lost when she transferred back to a non-mutant body) in the swap. I guess she's now a mutant? Krakoa seems to be okay with her presence on the island...
    She was empath before Betsy body so she was probably a mutant. The rest of the stuff is so convoluted, I get fans love continuity but they are some stuff but somethings need to be hard rebooted to be told more cleanly but since Marvel isn't going do that we have to settle for soft retcons. I will bet that Fallen Angels will soft retcon some more stuff between Betsy and Kwannon and ignore past stuff. They already done a soft retcon by making Kwannon aware inside of Betsy functionally making Kwannon apart of all Betsy history. Don't be surprised if Betsy more dark urges was Kwannon influence inside trying to break free at times.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 11-14-2019 at 05:27 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post

Weird.

It was explicitly stated that she was originally an empath before the body swap, so she was always a mutant.

Spiral also genetically modified both Kwannon and Psylocke’s bodies.

Elizabeth Braddock permanently gained Kwannon’s fighting skills and even her psi weapons are Kwannon’s influence. Kwannon permanently gained her powers.

Betsy actually gained telekinesis from Jean Grey while she was in Kwannon’s body.

Potentially any mutant with mental powers can develop the whole range of mental powers.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    so it should be: Kwannon/Revanche/Psylocke II appreciation thread.
    Yes. And so it was changed.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Alexi View Post
    Yeah, it was basically a very 90's take (more skin/less practical) on Elektra's old uniform.

I liked issue 1, had a few issues with the art in some spots but I'm thinking maybe it's meant to be a bit messy in spots considering Kwannon's mind atm. It felt a bit more like Remenders X-Force to me compared to the volume that came afterwards.

Wearing the bathing suit is just Marvel being lazy I feel. Hill can say it's tied into her taking on Betsy's old codename since Kwannon apparently has no name or since of identity apparently even before the body swap, but it's a meh point.

Wouldn't be surprised if putting her in the uniform was mandated by higher ups in editorial. That way people who aren't aware of the reversion will pick up the book thinking that it's Betsy, not Kwannon. Most legacy characters at least get new takes on classic uniforms, homages, if not their own.
    She does have a real name that will be revealed.