Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast

So ready for this book! I've been waiting so long for Kwannon to be brought back and developed into her own character.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Flameworthy View Post
    So ready for this book! I've been waiting so long for Kwannon to be brought back and developed into her own character.
    me too!! I'm so excited!!!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Space Colony "Londenion", Side 1 (in-character)

If nothing else, I want to see Psylocke II pulling off something like this in the run.

True, it was Betsy in that body when it was happening, but the aesthetics better fit the Asian mindset of Kwannon as shown in the preview.

Another thing, I'm rather amused that Kwannon's name still uses the outdated Japanese Romanization format that used to turn words like "Hagane"/Steel and "Kurogane"/Iron into "Hagwane" and "Kurogwane." In more contemporary Romanization the "w" tends to be dropped, so "Kwannon" ought to be just "Kannon," ironically named for the Goddess of Mercy.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

Thank GOD for X'97. Cautious about "From the Ashes". Please no more Blue vs. Orange.

Emma Been Frost Perfection/Emma 2's Avatar

I truly hope Kwannon pulls out the Marvel vs Capcom tricks in Fallen Angel
    Yara Flor & Emma "Mama" Frost stan account

I remember "COTA" in arcades ages ago, then checking the comics and wondering "When does Psylocke do any of those special moves?"

Thank GOD for X'97. Cautious about "From the Ashes". Please no more Blue vs. Orange.

Quote Originally Posted by Londo Bellian View Post
    I remember "COTA" in arcades ages ago, then checking the comics and wondering "When does Psylocke do any of those special moves?"
    They gave her a teleportation special attack before she got one in the books...lol

Ah, the Ninjutsu move. It actually changed from "COTA" to the rest her Capcom vs appearances. Back then she produced jutsu clones in a line with her, moving sort of simultaneously (with the real Psylocke's position in the line determined IIRC by button press). When Psy returned in "MSH" Ninjutsu became the decoy/teleport move: Pyslocke appears in all four screen corners, the real one can then follow through with a non-Infinity Psy-thrust.

This thread should be renamed: Kwannon: Revanche/Psylocke appreciation
    A picture would last longer darling...

I'm glad they've ditched the Revanche name. Never made sense to me for the character. For that matter I'd have them swap "Kannon" for "Kwannon", as the version with a w is based on a premodern pronunciation and she's not from premodern times far as I am aware, and at the very least give her a family name.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    “Kwannon” could very easily be a Hand call-sign and not a birth name.

It’s a weird bastardized spelling of the Japanese goddess of mercy. Top google searches spell it right. Excited to learn what Hill does.
    That was the older, somewhat obsolete format of writing Japanese words and names in Romaji. Back then they'd write steel in Japanese using Romaji as "Hagwane." Now, manga/anime fans are more familiar with "Hagane." I have an old "Learning Japanese" book that uses the "w" format (Kurogwane rather than Kurogane for instance).

Quote Originally Posted by Londo Bellian View Post
    That was the older, somewhat obsolete format of writing Japanese words and names in Romaji. Back then they'd write steel in Japanese using Romaji as "Hagwane." Now, manga/anime fans are more familiar with "Hagane." I have an old "Learning Japanese" book that uses the "w" format (Kurogwane rather than Kurogane for instance).
    Whoa! Excellent thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    This thread should be renamed: Kwannon: Revanche/Psylocke appreciation
    Maybe "Kwannon: Revance/Psylocke II Appreciation"?

Astonishing Member

I actually think the editorial got this 100% right, they solved the Psylocke/Kwannon/Betsy thing in the most elegant way possible

Did a warm up sketch. However, it did get me thinking. How would Kwannon react to Sabretooth? Does she hold a grudge to the whole he gutted Psylocke once? Does she recall Psylocke falling for an alternate version of him? Also, who would win?

Comic62.jpg

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psy View Post
    Did a warm up sketch. However, it did get me thinking. How would Kwannon react to Sabretooth? Does she hold a grudge to the whole he gutted Psylocke once? Does she recall Psylocke falling for an alternate version of him? Also, who would win?

Comic62.jpg
    very nice!!

and psylocke wins all the time. her tk would make it an unfair fight.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!