Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Betsy should be more refined,Precise and controlled. They don't have to make her soft to me she should feel like the consummate professional. I like the edge Psylocke shows inside of the FA.I guess I have to stop talking or else I will go into spoiler terrority.Oh well to be continued later

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Its never been said that Kwannon is only an alias. Thats her actual name and the one her lover used for her. Wouldnt have made sense to call her Kwannon the entire time and give her an additional alias (Revanche) on top of that
    Whoops, guess not. Kwannon is dead and she is reborn as Psylocke. Amazing issue. This did more for her than anything in the past 30 years

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Whoops, guess not. Kwannon is dead and she is reborn as Psylocke. Amazing issue. This did more for her than anything in the past 30 years
    I agree, it must be the best thin xmen editorial has done in decades, in terms of elegantly solving a problematic issue

I still don't get why she chose the name Psylocke. But it was a good issue. Definitely elevated Kwannon as the new Psylocke.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    I still don't get why she chose the name Psylocke. But it was a good issue. Definitely elevated Kwannon as the new Psylocke.
    The name thing makes sense in the story since ‘Kwannon’ is just as much a name tied to lost identity.

Still, I can’t imagine someone going through all that body trauma and arriving at the thought of “lemme wear this lady’s old bathing suit tho”.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post
    The name thing makes sense in the story since ‘Kwannon’ is just as much a name tied to lost identity.

Still, I can’t imagine someone going through all that body trauma and arriving at the thought of “lemme wear this lady’s old bathing suit tho”.
    I think it's a uniform, pretty much the same thing Elektra wears.

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    I think it's a uniform, pretty much the same thing Elektra wears.
    Yeah, it was basically a very 90's take (more skin/less practical) on Elektra's old uniform.

I liked issue 1, had a few issues with the art in some spots but I'm thinking maybe it's meant to be a bit messy in spots considering Kwannon's mind atm. It felt a bit more like Remenders X-Force to me compared to the volume that came afterwards.

Wearing the bathing suit is just Marvel being lazy I feel. Hill can say it's tied into her taking on Betsy's old codename since Kwannon apparently has no name or since of identity apparently even before the body swap, but it's a meh point.

Wouldn't be surprised if putting her in the uniform was mandated by higher ups in editorial. That way people who aren't aware of the reversion will pick up the book thinking that it's Betsy, not Kwannon. Most legacy characters at least get new takes on classic uniforms, homages, if not their own.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Kwannon is the name of the Japanese goddess of mercy. So Kwannon is yet another alias of hers. Her real name is unrevealed.
    so it should be: Kwannon/Revanche/Psylocke II appreciation thread.
    A picture would last longer darling...

BANNED

It's literally the same Hand costume as Elektra. Took me years to realize that. I don't mind her keeping it for now, it suits her.

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    It's literally the same Hand costume as Elektra. Took me years to realize that. I don't mind her keeping it for now, it suits her.
    not initially. Close but Elektra's 80s suit was different than what Betsy was given

She got a redesign in the 90s, that made it more like Psylocke

I figured it was something the Hand put their female warriors in, besides Millar admitting he liked the visual & loves femme fatale archetypes. Even Matsuo mentions in the original arch that they where attempting to succeed with Betsy/Psylocke where they failed with Elektra. I figure they went with the black/blue color scheme to avoid direct ties to Elektra's look plus around that time some issues showed the Hand in black uniforms over the standard red.

I want both Kwannon & Betsy to independently succeed even though I know it'll take more for Kwannon.

BANNED

I think they absolutely can succeed now. Frankly Psy/Kwannon had a stronger start in DOX than Betsy for me, and I adore Betsy and never gave Kwannon a second thought before. Anyway, yes, I do think the minor differences aside Psylocke and Elektra’s uniforms was standard issue for female Hand.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

With that in mind I'd like it if "Kwannon" did eventually get her a redesign down the line. This is all about her reinventing herself to be her own woman, after all.

Also: Fallen Angels is amazing. Long live Psylocke.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

kwannon showed out in today's issue. definitely one of the better books of dox.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    With that in mind I'd like it if "Kwannon" did eventually get her a redesign down the line. This is all about her reinventing herself to be her own woman, after all.

Also: Fallen Angels is amazing. Long live Psylocke.
    It's my biggest complaint. I will never not trash that outfit.