Page 1 of 26 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Revanche: Kwannon/Psylocke II appreciation 2019

The all new Kwannon support thread for 2019!

75C194AD-293E-4137-82D9-728FD8CEA1FB.jpg
    Last edited by danielsan52; 01-22-2019 at 09:28 PM.

Her new costume isn't great. But at least she doesn't have purple hair?

I'm happy to see that Kwannon will be returning in Uncanny, but I'd prefer to see her on the X-Men's side, and not the MLF's. Hopefully the solicitation's for Uncanny #15 and #16 are a misdirection.

I'm actually excited about her leading the MFL. It could be interesting.
    Something for the new thread:

I'm happy they're bringing her back so soon. Hope they give her nice character moments. I just find it lazy and a missed opportunity that they gave her a look so similar to Psylocke's when she was in her body. Give her black hair and a different colour scheme at least ....
    A picture would last longer darling...

All-New Member

WTF is that costume eh? I admit it’s indeed most a...ttractive but other than being Lingerie, it makes no Sense to cover her head but Expose her sides. Ah , the 1990’s hehehe ...

I'm glad she's back, but her return is nothing sort of a mess. Looking at the cover of UXM, she'd be just Psylocke 2.0

Her body is also problematic.
    1. She was in her body (pre body swap/mixed)
    2. She was in Betsy's body - tampered/mixed with her DNA - Revanche
    3. Now she's in Betsy's previous body (Psylocke) - Kwannon's body tampered/mixed with Betsy's, recreated and tampered by Jamie.

I think writers should just make her return to her root - Japanese Ninja with Empath power. With costume, color and power signature different from Betsy's.

I do noot mind het to have a purple outfit. Bit it should not be similar to Psylocke's, that would be awkward.

Powerwise, she should have her own, or Revanche's powers, so she can have the Psy-knife and kanata sword, but only if Besty lost that power.

Sha cannot have the sw

Quote Originally Posted by MetalPsyc View Post
    I'm glad she's back, but her return is nothing sort of a mess. Looking at the cover of UXM, she'd be just Psylocke 2.0

Her body is also problematic.
    1. She was in her body (pre body swap/mixed)
    2. She was in Betsy's body - tampered/mixed with her DNA - Revanche
    3. Now she's in Betsy's previous body (Psylocke) - Kwannon's body tampered/mixed with Betsy's, recreated and tampered by Jamie.

I think writers should just make her return to her root - Japanese Ninja with Empath power. With costume, color and power signature different from Betsy's.
    Betsy is already using a sword and shield now and is suppose to be drawn more clearly as white woman, Kwannon is perfectly fine as is with Psyblade and being clearly asian.

Apparently I can already see that people haven't come to grips that Kwannon is the psychic ninja part of Psylocke that you loved and that is how they are going to be using her and Besty is character that is going to have to evolve away from old look and powerset.

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    I'm actually excited about her leading the MFL. It could be interesting.
    Something for the new thread:

Kwannon is not leading the MLF it seems. Wondering how she ends up getting mixed up with them. I’d rather her not be featured as part of a team. Was hoping she would have her own storyline and being the main villain.......but, at least she’s being used.
    Favorite Characters: Wolfsbane, Storm, Psylcoke, Beast, Feral, Tempo, Nightcrawler, Quicksilver

Favorite Titles: X-Men Red, Legion of X, Marauders, Hellions

Well, after Uncanny #18, Kwannon is no longer a prisoner of the X-Men.

What do people think was going on with her? Anyone think that she might have been working with Emma and Raven? Or maybe that Kwannon was having her mind screwed with by Emma? Sorry if this came up in one of the spoiler threads already. I haven't been spending much time here lately.

Incredible Member Infernal-Ginger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post

What do people think was going on with her? Anyone think that she might have been working with Emma and Raven? Or maybe that Kwannon was having her mind screwed with by Emma? Sorry if this came up in one of the spoiler threads already. I haven't been spending much time here lately.
    If she is sticking around, I would prefer her with the Hellfire Club than as an X-Man.
    She would be a good assassin/spy for them.

But she needs a new look - haircut & costume....and no butterfly signature. Butterfly should be solely Elizabeth's.

I think you hit the nail. Emma probably temporarily wiped her mind and gave her a directive to kill Joseph.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychicScion View Post
    If she is sticking around, I would prefer her with the Hellfire Club than as an X-Man.
    She would be a good assassin/spy for them.

But she needs a new look - haircut & costume....and no butterfly signature. Butterfly should be solely Elizabeth's.
    I still like the idea of her being an X-Force type member of the X-teams who is willing to kill.

Since you like her as a villain, I guess that you must want her as some kind of enemy for Psylocke?

If you want her as a member of the Hellfire Club, and you think she needs a new costume, how about giving her an outfit that uses the colors of the regular hellfire soldiers? It could be mostly black. You just need to keep the ninja hood and mask.

I'm not sure that you can get rid of the purple hair and butterfly signature. They are part of Psylocke's body and powers. And besides, if you want her to stay a villain, this could help Kwannon remain more relevant to Psylocke as her main enemy. It would sort of set Kwannon up to be Psylocke's evil opposite with the same powers. Sort of the same way that Wolverine's main enemy is Sabretooth, and they both have the same powers. Opposite sides of the same coin. And, it could be a useful reminder of their shared history.

I guess that if Kwannon really felt that she had to rid herself of things that reminded herself of Psylocke, she could always just dye her hair. I'm Not sure how to fix the butterfly signature though

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    I think you hit the nail. Emma probably temporarily wiped her mind and gave her a directive to kill Joseph.
    Hey, Great. I may have finaly gotten something right. Maybe. Possibly.

Kwannon was a Space Phantom. As was Joseph. And Rahn. And Chamber.
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”