Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    Make it plain please... Silver Phoenix's Avatar

I'm glad they have given Betsy and Kwannon a chance to be individuals in their own bodies.

I'd personally would've had Kwannon with her original powerset (empath?) just augmented to a higher level. She would still manifest her psychic knives and blades which could render opponents unconscious or manipulate their emotions to her desire.
    "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."- Jesus
    John 14:6

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Phoenix View Post
    I'm glad they have given Betsy and Kwannon a chance to be individuals in their own bodies.

I'd personally would've had Kwannon with her original powerset (empath?) just augmented to a higher level. She would still manifest her psychic knives and blades which could render opponents unconscious or manipulate their emotions to her desire.
    Empathy would be very cool. We have a lot of telepaths and like one empath. As you said, psy-blades would still work and they could even make some cool stuff with "emotionally charged" blades.

Posting my ideal Kwannon look here too:

It's meant to be an homage to the Jim Lee look without being so freaking outdated.
    I took Land's costume as a basis, recolored it to make the purple parts blue and the sash red.
    I also gave her a different haircut to help her stand apart from 90s Betsy.
    What do you guys think?

I love this look so much! I wish we could have seen her in something closer to this instead of that dated thong costume.

See now that would be a cool costume.

Emma Been Frost Perfection/Emma 2's Avatar

That's a cool ass costume and I love the hair
    Yara Flor & Emma "Mama" Frost stan account

Incredible Member

I’m excited for the years to come for kwannon. She is a tabula rasa, with so many backstory possibilities. She doesn’t have an origin, a surname, a family... what connections she might have with the Marvel Universe?

do you think marvel will indeed delve into her backstory or keep developing her from where psylocke left her. Moving forward from the body swap, death and resurrection as psylocke legacy?

I hope we get more of her back story. What we know can be summed up in two sentences: She was the personal assassin of Nyoirin, and Matsu'o, a member of The Hand, was her lover. The Hand opposed Nyorin and sent Matsu'o to kill him, but Kwannon defended her lord and "died" at the hands of her lover.

As a side note, Matsu'o petname for her was Butterfly, but she preferred to be seen as a bird of prey.
    Last edited by MikaelNovasun; 08-19-2019 at 06:23 AM.

I dont see why you would give Psylocke a prominent place in a comic and then not reveal her unknown history. I t seems like there would be to much potential to pass on setting up her backstory. There arent a lot of oppertunities to create a backstory for a an already existing member of the X-Men.

The solicitation for the first issue of Fallen Angels says that someone from Psylocke's past returns but is then killed right away. It could be Matsu'o, but it could also be someone that we haven't seen before. That would be one way to show more of her back story. Is Psylocke still meant to have some part of her memories missing ? A quest type of story to regain her memories would be an easy way to dig into her backstory.

Not sure since this reboot may not take into account what is happening with Rosenberg's X-Men series. So far certain things are being ignored and it depends on Marvel and the writers on what sort of thing they want to explore in the series and spotlighted characters.
    I come when there's something to take but I never give anything back.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

I will NEVER call her Psylocke. Total blasphemy. Her name is Kwannon

Same. Let Kwannon have her own identity, for ****'s sake.
    And her own separate powerset that's different from Betsy's. She's had no sense of self frok inception. Be great if she got one now.
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by seccruz View Post
    Same. Let Kwannon have her own identity, for ****'s sake.
    And her own separate powerset that's different from Betsy's. She's had no sense of self frok inception. Be great if she got one now.
    Psylocke is the best codename for her. And she’s a telepath. That’s already been established. We’ll see if she had TK.

You cannot just randomly go around changing power sets. Not good writing and makes it hard to market a character. Asian Psylocke is well known due to the video games, which is why she is keeping the Psylocke name. Elizabeth Braddock is being marketed as Captain Britain.

Marvel is viewing Psylocke is basically "Asian era Besty" with hint of "Mojo cyborg eyes Betsy". People go back and forth pretending what matters when it suits them when they don't give Kwannon credit as the asian body then cite the real world fact the she is recton creative decision. When they don't want touch on the politics and creative decisions they talk about character history. Psylocke IS "asian era Betsy" if she was made a character into a separate character. It is just that simple.

Betsy had the name first( but she was given the name by Mojo) but name is what most fans will associate Psylocke with Asian version. It is pretty smart of Marvel businesses wise to tie Jim Lee look and name to Kwannon. We know it is part politics that cause the change and we can argue back and forth if that is a good thing. All I know is that when Marvel know shows off Psylocke the most popular Asian character in Marvel maybe in comics is not a British white woman anymore. When not referring to specific story/time period every picture of "Asian Betsy" is now Kwannon for Marvel. That is why Kwannon is one of the reasons she in old suit and has the name imo. Does it make things more confusing in the short term? Yes but in long term as long they put out good stories Besty will fine because she has all of versatile character history and she will grown into whatever her next phase is going to be. Psylocke Kwannon is going to fine because the archetype she is filling was super popular and she will have interesting story to go along with that look.

Marvel is actually pulling off the best of both world solution for Psylocke. I remember people telling me that she was going to disappearing in limbo and marvel isn't going to push her any and she would be D-list so it is waste to do make this move. Flash forward to her showing up in Rosenberg Uncanny and showing up in Falling angels as the lead. I would say that Marvel is doing there best not to put her limbo. Marvel is doing their best not to make her D-list by giving her A-list branding with look and the name. I see fans keeping on saying they need to change her as if one of big reason she exist isn't to give people the Asian Psylocke archetype that they can't get anymore from Betsy. Yes walking with a in new look, new powers, and nobody having a clue what your story is going to be a great recipe for market success. Even if it doesn't work she at least has another form "Kwannon" to fall back on . We are going to keep eye on Aero which is completely new Asian female character basically what you guys want for Kwannon. Her first issue got 71,704 order by shops. Which is great but let's take a bets where the second issue is going to land I say somewhere 26,000 to around 18,000. New characters get crushed on the market while characters with legacy ties who have well done books have sticked around reasonable well stuff like Spider Gwen, X23, Ms Marvel, etc. Marvel is taking a smart approach
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 08-26-2019 at 01:44 AM.

^Couldn't have put it in a more one-sided way, sorry. You're saying in the long term it might be for the best, yet how can it be the case when 30 years of development are no longer tied to Betsy's backstory and some retconned character who was absent since 1995 is vulturing the Psylocke legacy? To me this is another One More Day-gate under the pretense of what is proper "representation" and I know I won't be buying anything from Marvel.