Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post
    I wasn't expecting anything all that great to come out of Uncanny for Kwannon, but it still kind of sucked the way that she just sort of ent exited the comic with no explanation as to what was going on with her. I guess that she could be followed up on in a new comic, but I kind of doubt it given what little that we saw of her.
    She made it out of Uncanny alive, Seeing how that book went down her disappearing likely keep her alive. Is she in a good place? The Uncanny run didn't drop any breadcrumbs for another writer to pick up. So we are watching for Hickman stuff because if she isn't used She is will be in the worse type of limbo you can be in.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    She made it out of Uncanny alive, Seeing how that book went down her disappearing likely keep her alive. Is she in a good place? The Uncanny run didn't drop any breadcrumbs for another writer to pick up. So we are watching for Hickman stuff because if she isn't used She is will be in the worse type of limbo you can be in.
    With al the new thing coming after the to upcoming minis and Dawn of X, it is impossible to make assumptions either way
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Kwannon is getting her own book, and Betsy's old codename...

yay?

I have literally said Kwannon is Asian Ninja part of Psylocke character and It is Besty who needs to change and lo and behold. This happens I am pretty excited Kwannon is getting chance to be her own character with the bonus of getting to carry the legacy name which increases her chance for success

But Kwannon taking the name Psylocke is just going to inspire resentment from Betsy's fans, and people who don't like that they switched back

Plus Betsy isn't going to be Captain Britain forever, so sooner or later she's going to take the name back. They should have Kwannon try to build her own brand and identity separate from Psylocke

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    But Kwannon taking the name Psylocke is just going to inspire resentment from Betsy's fans, and people who don't like that they switched back

Plus Betsy isn't going to be Captain Britain forever, so sooner or later she's going to take the name back. They should have Kwannon try to build her own brand and identity separate from Psylocke
    KB is right tho.

Even if the Captain Britain title is lost, Betsy Braddock has a lot more in-universe potential to create a whole new brand for herself. She’s done it before, as an English psi.

It’s far more important to Marvel, X-Men, etc to retain the character of Psylocke being the image she was sold as. Her identity beneath that image and name is mutable.

We live in strange ass times man.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post

Whenever Besty changes from Britain she will change to something that fits her and fans will like. "Psylocke" is the Asian ninja in thongkini that you loved from Jim Lee era. That is Kwannon brand. Besty Braddock fans are going to have to get over that aspects. Kwannon is that period of time that what she will live and die with. Once they are good to Betsy and they have made her team leader and Captian Britain so far so good the fans will get over it OR they will become a fan of Kwannon who has all they things they like about that time
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 07-20-2019 at 03:57 PM.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

excited for kwannon! yah!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Can we change the name to the Psylocke appreciation thread now? Wait. That already exists. But if we changed that one to the Captain Britain appreciation thread... no. That exists too. I give up?
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Can we change the name to the Psylocke appreciation thread now? Wait. That already exists. But if we changed that one to the Captain Britain appreciation thread... no. That exists too. I give up?
    "Kwannon: Revanche/Psylocke Appreciation"

"Betsy Braddock: Psylocke/Captain Britain Appreciation"

Although, I'm still surprised by the name change I'm glad Kwannon has a title and that they can finally fully develop her and make her her own character. Even though you know...the name.
    But we shall see.

Emma Been Frost Perfection/Emma 2's Avatar

So happy that Revanche is getting her own book. I just pray she has a competent writer and a good artist
    Yara Flor & Emma "Mama" Frost stan account

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Perfection/Emma 2 View Post
    So happy that Revanche is getting her own book. I just pray she has a competent writer and a good artist
    agreed she most definitely deserves this.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I can see why they did it but I think it was a mistake for her to take not only Betsy's code name but her most famous costume as well. Kwannon needs to distance herself out of Betsy's shadow so she can be her own person, without all the 90's baggage.

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaxman View Post
    I can see why they did it but I think it was a mistake for her to take not only Betsy's code name but her most famous costume as well. Kwannon needs to distance herself out of Betsy's shadow so she can be her own person, without all the 90's baggage.
    People say that but her "own person" is the asian ninja. In universe just about everything about most popular "Psylocke persona" is hers except the psi butterfly stuff. The psyblade is Betsy but I don't remember Psylocke using Psyblade like that( someone can correct me if I am wrong) before the asian body. Most of the key elements people love about Psylocke came or where flesh out when they put her in the Kwannon body. When people say she needs to distance Psylocke "shadow" they are kind of saying she shouldn't be herself.

Now businesswise and creative wise we know why there is a push to stay in the familiar form . You type in Psylocke and 90% percent of pictures show is 90s version, You type in Psylocke cosplay it will take you awhile to find someone cosplaying in another Betsy costume. The 90s look isn't baggage , It is sole reason for Kwannon existing after changing Betsy back. That is the Iconic look, now she has the Iconic name as well. All that is needed is new personality that fans like for a successful character. The big mission is just to establish Kwannon as what people think about when they see Psylocke instead of Betsy. So they can keep using Psylocke merch/images without having to explain Betsy body swap backstory.

Marvel wants Kwannon to be successful so they have to change nothing . It is in Kwannon best interest to keep that look because as new character (there is barely any history for her) having a legacy form is solid path to some success. If the mantle for Batman,Spiderman,Wolverine or Wonder woman was up for grabs nobody would say hey it is bad idea to use that. Weirdly for some reason people keep suggesting that she has to be different. And lets keep it real it is not because they think it best thing for Kwannon in most cases. It is because they are protecting Betsy Braddock legacy and the things they think belong to her character. The strongest path for new character/IP in this market has consistently been a legacy path.

Amazingly they have been hitting the right notes with process. They changed Besty back to her body and keep the two forms of character intact instead of tossing the Asian side in the dump. They found a way to give Kwannon the Psylocke codename without upsetting the Betsy fans by giving Betsy an upgrade. They have being given Kwannon consistent spotlight(uncanny,fallen angels) and the chance to be a success when people in the threads swore that she was going to disappear and be D list character. They are elevating Betsy into an elite tier of character and she isn't being hindered by change. Kwannon might never catch on but they are giving her every chance to be successful and that is all you can ask for in the process. Only thing left is the writer to write good stories and hope they do that.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 07-21-2019 at 03:55 AM.