Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast
    hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Do we know if Kwannon has the telekinesis? All we've seen so far is the psychic knife/telepathy, right?

That said, the implication people seem to be going with is that after Revanche died her soul went back to her original body and has been hiding there the entire time, even when the body was recreated specifically for Betsy by her brother. So she'd remember the stuff with Sabretooth and, ideally, still hold a grudge.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

I think she should if she has the body that Betsy left behind. Plus she was levitating in that preview page.

1F5242A9-DFAB-472E-AAA2-4A21AD73838C.jpg

Kwannon is getting some good variants

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Commuting betwen "Marvel Future Fight" and ZETSUBOU-SHITA!

"Realistic" (ie. non-spine-twisting) B&B pose? Yes, please.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

The Current Hill that I Risk Dying On: #KrakoaNEVERMYXMEN
    "I promise, I'll definitely save you. With my tenth and final life, I WILL PROTECT YOU, MUTANDOKA!" ~HoMoira Kinross Akemi

Make it plain please... Silver Phoenix's Avatar

I had stated a while ago I think Kwannon should have a different powerset from Betsy.

Originally, it's stated she was a low-level empath before the body-switch fiasco. I'd just have her now be a high level-empath still able to make traditional ninja-based psi weapons that render others unconscious or alters emotions according to her will.

I hope we will get to explore her unique personality in the series i.e.. how she sees the world, Krakoa, the X-Men, etc.
    "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."- Jesus
    John 14:6

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Phoenix View Post
    I had stated a while ago I think Kwannon should have a different powerset from Betsy.
    She does have a different powerset from Betsy. Betsy is Captain Britain which different set of things from Psylocke(Kwannon). What people want is Betsy to retain the power set and set up that was popularize when she was in asian form aka Kwannon and Kwannon be something different because Betsy owns "powerset and set up" being the original character. Well that is most people I am not saying that person who I quoted is saying that to be clear. A High level empath (with psi weapons) is a still telepath in the x-world so it is basically same thing . And if it is basically same thing why even mess around with a formula that already works.

And that is why Kwannon is being given the stuff associated with Betsy time as "Psylocke". It already works and it is popular, Kwannon doesn't have much of a foundation as a character that all belongs to Betsy but you can use popular look and moveset. And most people if they are not hardcore Betsy Braddock fans well they aren't going to care who has the character design because the character design works. The last 3 variants of fallen angel covers shown in this thread is simple perfection. They just look cool,now it is a little bit of fetishizing an Asian stereotype but at least it is not white woman disguised asian woman fetishizing an Asian stereotype. Kwannon is going to develop into her own thing but it is going be on back of the most popular Asian form in the X-franchise. And it is pretty funny that Marvel using a white character got to ride that "form" to great success wasn't an issue but people are resistant to asian character doing the same exact thing. Anyways this last day of this being the most popular thing to talk about for Kwannon and going forward for a little while at least. We are going to have actually character stuff to talk about.

PS. Spoilers on Fallen Angels is fire
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 11-12-2019 at 12:25 AM.

BANNED

I'm very impressed with what I'm seeing of FA. I'll never like the Kwannon retcon but if any book can make her work it's this.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    She does have a different powerset from Betsy. Betsy is Captain Britain which different set of things from Psylocke(Kwannon). What people want is Betsy to retain the power set and set up that was popularize when she was in asian form aka Kwannon and Kwannon be something different because Betsy owns "powerset and set up" being the original character. Well that is most people I am not saying that person who I quoted is saying that to be clear. A High level empath (with psi weapons) is a still telepath in the x-world so it is basically same thing . And if it is basically same thing why even mess around with a formula that already works.

And that is why Kwannon is being given the stuff associated with Betsy time as "Psylocke". It already works and it is popular, Kwannon doesn't have much of a foundation of character that all belongs to Betsy but you can use popular look and moveset. And most people if they are not hardcore Betsy Braddock fans well they aren't going to care who has the character design because the character design works. The last 3 variants of fallen angel covers shown in this thread is simple perfection. They just look cool,now it is a little bit of fetishizing an Asian stereotype but at least it is not white woman disguised asian woman fetishizing an Asian stereotype. Kwannon is going to develop into her own thing but it is going be on back of the most popular Asian form in the X-franchise. And it is pretty funny that Marvel using a white character got to ride that "form" to great success wasn't an issue but people are resistant to asian character doing the same exact thing. Anyways this last day of this being the most popular thing to talk about for Kwannon and going forward for a little while at least. We are going to have actually character stuff to talk about.

PS. Spoilers on Fallen Angels is fire
    omg you're my new favorite person!!! this is truth I tell you!! hard facts!!! and I cant wait for fallen Angel's I'm picking it up weds!!!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Make it plain please... Silver Phoenix's Avatar

A High level empath (with psi weapons) is a still telepath in the x-world so it is basically same thing . And if it is basically same thing why even mess around with a formula that already works.
    Thanks for the info.

When did telepathy and empathy become the same thing?
    "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."- Jesus
    John 14:6

Thanks for the info.

When did telepathy and empathy become the same thing?
    Nobody in the real world has either, so people forgot.

All-New Member

And that is why Kwannon is being given the stuff associated with Betsy time as "Psylocke". It already works and it is popular, Kwannon doesn't have much of a foundation as a character that all belongs to Betsy but you can use popular look and moveset. And most people if they are not hardcore Betsy Braddock fans well they aren't going to care who has the character design because the character design works. The last 3 variants of fallen angel covers shown in this thread is simple perfection. They just look cool,now it is a little bit of fetishizing an Asian stereotype but at least it is not white woman disguised asian woman fetishizing an Asian stereotype. Kwannon is going to develop into her own thing but it is going be on back of the most popular Asian form in the X-franchise. And it is pretty funny that Marvel using a white character got to ride that "form" to great success wasn't an issue but people are resistant to asian character doing the same exact thing. Anyways this last day of this being the most popular thing to talk about for Kwannon and going forward for a little while at least. We are going to have actually character stuff to talk about.

I'm excited for Kwannon to develop as her own character, don't get me wrong.

BUT, this way is not the right way. Her Uncanny costume was actually pretty good, it retained the swimsuit aesthetic but more covered up whereas this is blatantly used for marketing purposes because Marvel is too lazy to develop Kwannon as her own character. If anything, give Betsy back the butterfly - it was her own thing to begin with.

That's what bothers me and I don't know why people don't understand it. Marvel's laziness to create something new for Kwannon, something that belongs to her. She can keep the knife, since Betsy manifested it first when she was "swapped" but the aura was Betsy's before this. And if we're going with powersets, the body that Kwannon is currently in is neither Betsy's nor Kwannon's, it was made by Jaime and we can suppose it has both TK and TP ingrained into its DNA. Therefor, Betsy and Kwannon fundamentally should have the same powerset but with different applications of it if you want to differ it. Betsy with the butterfly and broadsword/shield and Kwannon with the psy-knife and whatever type of signature you want to give her that doesn't ride on the popularity of an established character.

Amazing Member

Originally, it's stated she was a low-level empath before the body-switch fiasco. I'd just have her now be a high level-empath still able to make traditional ninja-based psi weapons that render others unconscious or alters emotions according to her will.

I hope we will get to explore her unique personality in the series i.e.. how she sees the world, Krakoa, the X-Men, etc.
    This is all I’ve ever wanted from her power set she could even keep the butterfly to signify using her powers but I hope just an empath

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Do we know if Kwannon has the telekinesis? All we've seen so far is the psychic knife/telepathy, right?

That said, the implication people seem to be going with is that after Revanche died her soul went back to her original body and has been hiding there the entire time, even when the body was recreated specifically for Betsy by her brother. So she'd remember the stuff with Sabretooth and, ideally, still hold a grudge.
    She was levitating on the first page of Fallen Angels. So we've seen telekinesis and she has both. I think they could not let the Asian girl get the short end of the stick, now that Elizabeth Braddock has her body back. They are both telepaths/telekinetics and they both make psychic weapons, though Psylocke's are more traditionally Japanese and Betsy's are more traditionally European.

Betsy gained her fighting skills and psychic weapons from being in Kwannon's body, so Kwannon had get things in return such as retain telepathy and telekinesis.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PsyButterfly View Post
    I'm excited for Kwannon to develop as her own character, don't get me wrong.

BUT, this way is not the right way. Her Uncanny costume was actually pretty good, it retained the swimsuit aesthetic but more covered up whereas this is blatantly used for marketing purposes because Marvel is too lazy to develop Kwannon as her own character. If anything, give Betsy back the butterfly - it was her own thing to begin with.

That's what bothers me and I don't know why people don't understand it. Marvel's laziness to create something new for Kwannon, something that belongs to her. She can keep the knife, since Betsy manifested it first when she was "swapped" but the aura was Betsy's before this. And if we're going with powersets, the body that Kwannon is currently in is neither Betsy's nor Kwannon's, it was made by Jaime and we can suppose it has both TK and TP ingrained into its DNA. Therefor, Betsy and Kwannon fundamentally should have the same powerset but with different applications of it if you want to differ it. Betsy with the butterfly and broadsword/shield and Kwannon with the psy-knife and whatever type of signature you want to give her that doesn't ride on the popularity of an established character.
    Maybe one's this comic goes forward they will go back to the Uncanny costume. I agree, I liked it better.

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Commuting betwen "Marvel Future Fight" and ZETSUBOU-SHITA!

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Betsy gained her fighting skills and psychic weapons from being in Kwannon's body, so Kwannon had get things in return such as retain telepathy and telekinesis.
    That's actually a good point. Now here's hoping their utilization of the same skills and powers begin to diverge in style, a la Ryu and Ken, or Ryo Sakazaki and Robert Garcia. I imagine Betsy-as-Cap-Britain will have her swordplay become a tad more European, while Kwannon's TP/TK powers tak on a more Oriental aesthetic during use. Capcom!Psylocke does seem a good place to start.

And lo, the thread now calls her "Psylocke II." Great.
    Last edited by Londo Bellian; 11-12-2019 at 07:11 AM.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

The Current Hill that I Risk Dying On: #KrakoaNEVERMYXMEN
    "I promise, I'll definitely save you. With my tenth and final life, I WILL PROTECT YOU, MUTANDOKA!" ~HoMoira Kinross Akemi