Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Betsy is already using a sword and shield now and is suppose to be drawn more clearly as white woman, Kwannon is perfectly fine as is with Psyblade and being clearly asian.

Apparently I can already see that people haven't come to grips that Kwannon is the psychic ninja part of Psylocke that you loved and that is how they are going to be using her and Besty is character that is going to have to evolve away from old look and powerset.

Everything (s)he said ^^

I feel like Rosenberg is relying heavily on the last couple years of continuity so I wouldn't be surprised if Kwannon's behavior/fuzzy memory has to do with Soteira (the organization from the Return of Wolverine non-'event').

Otherwise, I think the Emma theory is a sound one. Emma, Mystique, spoilers:
    Marrow (based on other preview art)
    end of spoilers, and Kwannon...that's an interesting Inner Circle.

Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post
    I feel like Rosenberg is relying heavily on the last couple years of continuity so I wouldn't be surprised if Kwannon's behavior/fuzzy memory has to do with Soteira (the organization from the Return of Wolverine non-'event').

Otherwise, I think the Emma theory is a sound one. Emma, Mystique, spoilers:
    Marrow (based on other preview art)
    end of spoilers, and Kwannon...that's an interesting Inner Circle.
    I don't really think that's the case here. When it came to those that Soteira revived, they either acted as a basic foot soldier or acted more human when she was actively controlling them. Kwannon seemed genuinely confused of her situation when she first awoke and there was nothing about her being able to take over someone once they're in active control of themselves after revival. It could be that Emma was behind sending her but only time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Betsy is already using a sword and shield now and is suppose to be drawn more clearly as white woman, Kwannon is perfectly fine as is with Psyblade and being clearly asian.

Apparently I can already see that people haven't come to grips that Kwannon is the psychic ninja part of Psylocke that you loved and that is how they are going to be using her and Besty is character that is going to have to evolve away from old look and powerset.

Fantastic Member Graphicisnovel's Avatar

What motivates Kwannon?

Quote Originally Posted by four4elements View Post
    What motivates Kwannon?
    Revanche.

re·vanche
    /rəˈväNSH/
    noun: revanche
    French, literally ‘revenge’.

Mighty Member

Maybe if they clearly talk about what Revanche mutation is and how she deals with being a mutant folks will be better able to separate her from Psylocke.. it seemed like CC gave her undefined low level psionic abilities. Maybe soe supposition about now being a telepath when formerly being an empath or how she is a low level Telepath because she is a high level empath or maybe she uses a facsimile of telpathy because she has a few lovel psiconic powers that help.. or maybe she is a psionic power mimic..

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by four4elements View Post
    What motivates Kwannon?
    the elusive chili-cheese burrito only offered at select Taco Bell locations.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Revanche.

re·vanche
    /rəˈväNSH/
    noun: revanche
    French, literally ‘revenge’.
    Against...
    who?

:/
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Against...
    who?

:/
    LOL who knows? Kwannon has ALWAYS been a mess. Her retcon origin was poorly constructed, poorly repaired when cracks appeared, poorly dealt with when her story arc closed, and poorly understood by longtime fans.

I'm sympathetic as hell cause lord knows we need some psychics that aren't Karens or Susans.

Quote Originally Posted by PetPigeon View Post
    You think Kwannon likes chili cheese burritos, I thought she was all in on Sushi, lol maybe I was wrong all this time.

Fantastic Member Graphicisnovel's Avatar

Okay but I really do tweet at them every month where is the rattlesnake burito??.. So maybe I can relate relate to Kwannon after all...

Glad my french lessons finally paid off, on this incredibly nuanced character.

I wasn't expecting anything all that great to come out of Uncanny for Kwannon, but it still kind of sucked the way that she just sort of ent exited the comic with no explanation as to what was going on with her. I guess that she could be followed up on in a new comic, but I kind of doubt it given what little that we saw of her.

Emma Been Frost Perfection/Emma 2's Avatar

So we share the same motivation. I knew I liked Kwannon for a reason
    Yara Flor & Emma "Mama" Frost stan account

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Paleo_Rage View Post
    Maybe if they clearly talk about what Revanche mutation is and how she deals with being a mutant folks will be better able to separate her from Psylocke.. it seemed like CC gave her undefined low level psionic abilities. Maybe soe supposition about now being a telepath when formerly being an empath or how she is a low level Telepath because she is a high level empath or maybe she uses a facsimile of telpathy because she has a few lovel psiconic powers that help.. or maybe she is a psionic power mimic..
    She’s clearly a telepath that makes psychic knives. This way Marvel did not lose an Asian telepath. Whether or not she is telekinetic will be defined by other writers