Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Bryan Hill on his choice to give Kwannon the name Psylocke:
    https://twitter.com/bryanedwardhill/...784051200?s=19
    Last edited by vasir12; 07-21-2019 at 06:36 AM.

I just need some clarification: So everything that happened to Betsy Braddock since the body swap; are you saying all of it is Kwannon's attributes because it happened in Kwannon's Asian body? And that anything that Betsy did in Kwannon's body actually belong to and are attributes of Kwannon?

I mean Betsy is the one that's been doing it for all these years but, correct me if I'm wrong, Betsy got the skills because of Kwannon's muscle memory or something? Either way, all Betsy's feats are still her own.

Emma Been Frost Perfection/Emma 2's Avatar

Whatever feats Betsy's performed while in Kwannon's body is her own feats. The only thing I think Betsy gained from being in Kwannon's body was her fighting skills. The telepathic feats and telekinetic feats are all Betsy though
    Yara Flor & Emma "Mama" Frost stan account

Kwannon and Betsy will have a conversation issue 1:

https://twitter.com/bryanedwardhill/...067277312?s=19

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    I just need some clarification: So everything that happened to Betsy Braddock since the body swap; are you saying all of it is Kwannon's attributes because it happened in Kwannon's Asian body? And that anything that Betsy did in Kwannon's body actually belong to and are attributes of Kwannon?
    No I am saying a lot of the popular elements of character were developed around the Asian body. It is understood everything Betsy did Kwannon body doesn't belong Kwannon those stories and experience are Betsy but the archetype of character the action-oriented character that is Kwannon. The look and design of the character is Kwannon. Not once in my time talking about Kwannon and Betsy has anyone talk about personality, mannerism, storylines, or personal relationships. Every time the convo comes up

1. It is the classic look- which came with the Asian body
    2. The Psyblade- Which is Psylocke power but they only began to use it that way in the Asian body
    3. The butterfly effect-Which is clearly Besty own
    4. Martials Arts-Which comes from Asian Body

Those 4 things which are mostly superficial. They are things that talk about and you can argue 3 out of 4 of them are because of the Asian body. Betsy/Psylocke is the personality, the stories, and powerset, Kwannon is the look, action archetype, and refinement of the powerset to more martial art focus. Kwannon is a mostly empty shell that needs to be filled with personality. Not using Iconic Psylocke imagery and powerset would be a huge disadvantage. How many people here picked up Aero? A brand character road is very rough, Legacy approaches do better in the market. Starting with old iconic look give you an idea of the type of story and action that will be told in the comic based on something that Kwannon is already a Hand assassin( which is what made Psylocke in her body interesting). She can work herself into something more unique if necessary overtime and has the benefit of instant recognition from casuals.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 07-21-2019 at 11:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    Kwannon and Betsy will have a conversation issue 1:

https://twitter.com/bryanedwardhill/...067277312?s=19
    So glad he answered my question. Hopefully he comes through.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    So glad he answered my question. Hopefully he comes through.
    Jesus nice arms man

Photoshop

Turning Kwannon into Psylocke....HORRIBLE and unnecesarily confuses things even more

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Turning Kwannon into Psylocke....HORRIBLE and unnecesarily confuses things even more
    I don’t think so, but ymmv. Like KB said, it’s only confusing for fans who know too much. Marvel wants fans who know just enough.

Spectacular Member

Revanche should have her own identity and sink and swim at that because once Betsy is no longer Capt Britain she will be Psylocke again.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    I don’t think so, but ymmv. Like KB said, it’s only confusing for fans who know too much. Marvel wants fans who know just enough.
    IDA. Its the fans that dont know too much that will be confused the most. Anyone who hasnt read MiM will see this asian chick wearing the iconic Jim Lee design, called Psylocke with the same powers and will assume its the same character thats been around like that since the 90s. This was a chance to have Kwannon forge her own identity and she just seems to be following in Betsy's shadow

I think it will depend on the specific details of the story, but so far...I am fine with this change. If anything, both characters will now have the opportunity to be developed in their own titles and with different objectives by two distinct authors. Explaining how things reached this point might be confusing, but I believe that everything from now on will be easier to understand.
    Last edited by Souther; 07-21-2019 at 12:28 PM.

So exciting! Glad her story didn’t end with Rosenberg.