Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

The idea of giving Psylocke(s) both tp and tk never sat right with me.

Emma Been Frost Perfection/Emma 2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Why not? Jean has both and minus certain exceptions many Telepaths also posses some form of telekinesis but I respect the fact you don't care for either Psylocke having both
    Yara Flor & Emma "Mama" Frost stan account

Quote Originally Posted by Perfection/Emma 2 View Post
    Why not?
    I want MORE uniqueness among psychic mutants, not sameness. You said it yourself, many telepaths also possess some form of telekinesis. I'd like the combination of tp/tk to be VERY rare and unique to Jean and her daughter Rachel --and even they exhibit apparent differences in how they are deployed.

I always thought Psylocke's distinct psychic talent would've been her precognition, but that's fallen by the wayside. Now... I'm hoping it's her psi-blast, a debilitating psychic attack that turned into the psychic knife when she inhabited Kwannon's body.

With Betsy now becoming Captain Britain, I think she's bound to have telekinetic weaponry, but I hope to god it's limited to very specific weapons, and not the kind of creative expressions of telekinetic force that Jean uses.

Why not? Jean has both and minus certain exceptions many Telepaths also posses some form of telekinesis but I respect the fact you don't care for either Psylocke having both
    Youi just answered a big part of it. The swap was unnnecesary and it was even more unnecesary to have her return with both powersets. Ive never liked Psylocke with TK

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    I have always favored Telekinetic side, I have always thought they are too many telepaths and too many important telepaths that is recipe for characters being in limbo. I like the period when they showing off her tk a little more even though it is little counterproductive showing stuff as hand to hand fighter. I would have made Psylocke an omega level telekinetic( a topic which is going to be relevant today) to seperate her from all telepaths.

If I was trying to differentiate Kwannon and Besty now. I see Kwannon as brute force telepath creating weapons and overloading minds with ability to read minds and strong empathic abilities. Betsy would be more of finesse telepath ,Kwannon is a jackhammer, Betsy is a scalpel with precise control over her powers she might not have raw strength/power of some others but she would have flawless control over wide variety of telepathic abilities like Psychic Illusions,Psychic blast, Astral Projection,etc and she would have some small precog stuff. I would give either of them strong tk beyond being able to stop oncoming projectile because both of them are close combat fighters. TK fights better of telepaths who can't fight with hand combat.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

I'm ok with her having both. I'm just most curious to see how she will be characterized and how it will be different from betsy versus the powerset issue.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Emma Been Frost Perfection/Emma 2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I'm ok with her having both. I'm just most curious to see how she will be characterized and how it will be different from betsy versus the powerset issue.
    That's all I care about is seeing how Kwannon wields TK and TP because I love that she has both
    Yara Flor & Emma "Mama" Frost stan account

I'm on the other side. I would rather Kwannon just have telepath and her psi-blade and let Betsy keep the tp and tk. Like CRaymond said, there are too many psychics with both. Jean, Quentin, Rachel, Nate Grey, Moondragon (non-mutant), Cable, Exodus just to name a few. How many telepaths are just telepaths? Charles X, Emma, Stepford Cuckoos, who else? And the mutants who just have Tk is even less. Justice and Hellion?
    Let Kwannon use a real sword if she wants to mount a physical attack.

If they had to make Kwannon Psylocke, I would have preferred it if they made her a different type of Psylocke. Even the various Spider-Men have their own unique elements and looks despite sharing the codename and powers. Kwannon should have black hair, a variation of the Lee design and no butterfly. Im fine with her having TP/TK but since she has no formal training and no experience with TK, they should have her low range. She's stronger affecting things nearby. Emphasize her empathy powers and make that the primary use as its what she is familiar with. Instead of the psychic knife simply knocking people out, use it as a way for her to alter a person's emotional state and being hit with that gives Kwannon stronger control over manipulating them than had she just tried to do it from a distance. Make it so that using it is a special feat and can breach most TP resistance. Also give her psychometry so that she can see events with touch based on the psychic imprint that people leave behind. I think its lazy to just literally write her exactly like Betsy but without the character connections. Be more creative and make her unique

Just “less powered” X-Men on the roster would be a welcome change of pace. Does everyone need to be a flying god of <natural force>, can’t we just have a mutant hero who’s able to bend a few spoons and find a way to make that COOL in a story?

That's all I care about is seeing how Kwannon wields TK and TP because I love that she has both
    I love it too. psylocke should have those abilities as she displayed in her body when it was betsy.

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaxman View Post
    I'm on the other side. I would rather Kwannon just have telepath and her psi-blade and let Betsy keep the tp and tk. Like CRaymond said, there are too many psychics with both. Jean, Quentin, Rachel, Nate Grey, Moondragon (non-mutant), Cable, Exodus just to name a few. How many telepaths are just telepaths? Charles X, Emma, Stepford Cuckoos, who else? And the mutants who just have Tk is even less. Justice and Hellion?
    Let Kwannon use a real sword if she wants to mount a physical attack.

technically speaking since betsy is back in her body she should only have telepathy. the tk and telepathy abilities were exhibited in kwannon body. so I'm not sure if i totally agree. kwannon should have both as these abilities were performed in her body and betsy should only have telepathy.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

I would love her add a psychic ninja and if possible get the crimson dawn shadow powers. Give her a real ninja outfit
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

technically speaking since betsy is back in her body she should only have telepathy. the tk and telepathy abilities were exhibited in kwannon body. so I'm not sure if i totally agree. kwannon should have both as these abilities were performed in her body and betsy should only have telepathy.
    Thats incorrect. Betsy and Kwannon's original bodies have both been destroyed. Kwannon's was killed in X-treme X-men and Betsy's was blown up in the Psylocke mini. Kwannon is currently in the body that Jamie created which he gave TP/TK and Betsy is in a body she created for herself, which also has TP/TK. Both women should have TP/TK

What they could do is have the power shared between them. Betsy can notice that her powers are progressively getting weaker and thats bc Kwannon is active and using them as well. The explanation could be that when Betsy created her current body with the soul power, she somewhat remained tethered to her old body. She has a choice keep TP/TK and operate at 50% or choose one and be at 100%. She chooses TP bc its inherently a part of her and he has the Captain Britain amulet to simulate flight
    Last edited by Havok83; 07-26-2019 at 10:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Thats incorrect. Betsy and Kwannon's original bodies have both been destroyed. Kwannon's was killed in X-treme X-men and Betsy's was blown up in the Psylocke mini. Kwannon is currently in the body that Jamie created which he gave TP/TK and Betsy is in a body she created for herself, which also has TP/TK. Both women should have TP/TK

What they could do is have the power shared between them. Betsy can notice that her powers are progressively getting weaker and thats bc Kwannon is active and using them as well. The explanation could be that when Betsy created her current body with the soul power, she somewhat remained tethered to her old body. She has a choice keep TP/TK and operate at 50% or choose one and be at 100%. She chooses TP bc its inherently a part of her and he has the Captain Britain amulet to simulate flight
    which body did we see utilize tk and tp? was it kwannon or betsy's?

originally betsy only possessed telepathy zo if either of the two should be limited to one ability I think it should be betsy based upon her initial powerset. even know she wears armor. if she possesses tk it wouldnt make much sense for her to go around wearing armor to protect herself.

which body did we see utilize tk and tp? was it kwannon or betsy's?
    1. Betsy's body that Jamie created for her when she was resurrected. Kwannon currently resides in this, although I dont recall her using TK in Rosenberg's recent run
    2. Betsy's current body that she created for herself in Mystery in Madripoor