Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    The 05 are featured in the latest HoX teaser!

I don’t know. I see daredevil, Medusa, and silver surfer, but no cyclops, Jean, and bobby.
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

I think Scott may have trouble working with Iceman and Beast. On the other hand he has no reason to have a stormy relationship with Angel and Jean.

Comic Geek in General

Unless the Original 5 actually have a proper reunion this time (the closest was 4 having shakes at the end of Extermination, before that X Mindwipd them into forgetting he was around), which I’m sure we’re getting next month before HOX starts.....I agree that Scott May take a while to earn the trust of several team members (other than his current team, Jean, maybe Warren) after the fact he kinda went villain.......but seeing as how several team members have already had similar moments of taking things too far (Bishop when he hunted Hope, Gambit for the Marauders, Rogue for her Brotherhood Days, etc), it shouldn’t take too long.......

Quote Originally Posted by Decoy View Post
    Unless the Original 5 actually have a proper reunion this time (the closest was 4 having shakes at the end of Extermination, before that X Mindwipd them into forgetting he was around), which I’m sure we’re getting next month before HOX starts.....I agree that Scott May take a while to earn the trust of several team members (other than his current team, Jean, maybe Warren) after the fact he kinda went villain.......but seeing as how several team members have already had similar moments of taking things too far (Bishop when he hunted Hope, Gambit for the Marauders, Rogue for her Brotherhood Days, etc), it shouldn’t take too long.......
    I was thinking rather the other way around, something like "Guys, do you remember when I was dead and you said I was worse than Hitler?"

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    I think Scott may have trouble working with Iceman and Beast. On the other hand he has no reason to have a stormy relationship with Angel and Jean.
    I dont see why he would have trouble working with Iceman. Iceman had joined his team prior to his death. As for Beast, if he can work with Logan after all that went down from Schism through Logan's death, then he can work with Beast whom likely has moved on.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    I was thinking rather the other way around, something like "Guys, do you remember when I was dead and you said I was worse than Hitler?"
    he should be empathetic to that bc he has the memories of his younger self and he was arguably the biggest Adult Scott hater during that era. It kind of makes him a hypocrite if he holds a grudge against anyone for that given he felt the same way

Quote Originally Posted by Decoy View Post
    Nah the closest was Astonishing X-men Annual which was a whole issue of them reuniting and fighting a silver age villian from the O5 days

Last edited by Havok83; 06-25-2019 at 06:42 AM.

And that was set when they still thought Cyclops was dead, so it wasn't the complete O5.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

When was the last time they wer all alive at the same time??

Also it looks like (or at least I hope) they will reunite or at least play a role on Hickmans stuff.
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BzJ_NagBfBs/
    O5.jpg

Amazing Member

The last time they were all alive at the same time was the Morrison era i believe....

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    When was the last time they wer all alive at the same time??

Also it looks like (or at least I hope) they will reunite or at least play a role on Hickmans stuff.
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BzJ_NagBfBs/
    O5.jpg
    obviously when Jean was alive. Technically Extermination and/or All New X-men 1 through now

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    obviously when Jean was alive. Technically Extermination and/or All New X-men 1 through now
    I know they are technically the same people but I always counted the time displaced O5 as different characters.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I know they are technically the same people but I always counted the time displaced O5 as different characters.
    They kinda were but the revelation of Extermination revealed that that wasnt the case. Even if you did, Scott was resurrected just prior to Extermination so they all were alive during that mini up until Uncanny X-men #10 when the rest of the X-men "died"

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Great drawing by Alex Ross of the Marvel heroes circa 1964, including the 5 original X-Men:

BANNED

Uncanny X-Men #245 Jun 1989
    "Men!"
    In orbit above Earth, an alien coalition prepares to launch its invasion of the planet

as an archivist discovers humanity's success against other alien foes.

In Australia, a morose Havok observes his teammates through the town's computer system
    before getting into an argument with Storm and Wolverine over their use.
    Suspecting what worked for the women would help the men as well, Wolverine suggests a boys night out.

In space, the invasion leader is shown the Jean Bomb, a weapon in the form of a red-headed woman with the power to destroy all bonds.

Just then, the archivist tries to warn the leader about Earth, but is gunned down for getting too close.

In Sydney, Wolverine leads the male X-Men into a bar, where Longshot proceeds to dance with all the women while the rest get drunk.
    Eventually, they're drawn outside by the sound of the invasion attacking the city.
    Most of the city's denizens seem unperturbed by the presence of the invaders,
    with the mayor even offering his seat to the leader in order to finally go on vacation.

At the bar, Colossus gets into a brawl with a group of shock troops,
    while Longshot is accosted by a team of winged female commandos whom he eventually charms.
    Infuriated by the failures of his forces, the leader orders the detonation of the Jean Bomb

as Wolverine bluffs his way to a win in a game of poker against the strike force's commander.

Outside, the leader's ship departs as it prepares to drop the bomb, but Havok blasts it, destroying the ship and the weapon, ending the invasion.
    The X-Men return home, all the better for their night out.
    Meanwhile, in Kentucky, Tessa investigates a massacre at a Shaw Industries facility, and learns that Donald Pierce has escaped.

NOTE: This issue is a parody of the "Invasion" storyline DC did around the same time.

Story by Chris Claremont. Art by Rob Liefeld and Dan Green.

BANNED

Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix #2 Jun 1994
    "Tenure"
    For the past five years albeit two thousand years in the future, Scott and Jean have been posing
    as the human couple Slym and Redd Dayspring as they strive to protect Scott's young son, Nathan Christopher,
    from Apocalypse while they train him to control the techno-organic virus that courses through his system;

The couple arrive at Slym's hometown of Crestcoast

but immediately receive unwanted attention from Apocalypse' guards who are stationed there;
    It is only the intervention of the severely disabled but powerful Prior Turrin that saves the trio from death;

Scott and Jean join Turrin's human resistance movement.

Script by Scott Lobdell, pencils by Gene Ha, inks by Al Vey and Terry Austin

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    One of my early back issue acquisitions.
    Found it in a second hand store.
    Giant-Size X-Men #2
    Love that Neal Adams art and Gil Kane cover.
    Attachment 78581.
    After Giant-Size X-Men #1 the series became a re-print title