BANNED

Default TaskMaster vs. Dragon Ball training

So, a thought occurred to me, Ol' tasky can virtually copy any technique he see's, right? So, I ask, if he were dropped into DB, could his unique ability allow him to train up/power up like they do in the anime/manga. Before you start with, 'he can't replicate powers!!' the abilities used by the Dragon Ball characters aren't powers , but in fact, fighting skills/techniques (for most, characters like Buu would obviously be an exception). A lot of these techniques require chi or whatever, but I've seen characters from DB, like say Videl, learn to fly pretty easily from DB training/techniques after meeting up with Gohan.

So, I'd like to ask if TaskMaster could theoretically use the same training methods/watching DB characters to make himself more powerful like them?? And if he could, is there a limit? Could he potentially just mimic/train himself up to the upper tiers of the DB universe??

*PS: I'm not saying go super saiyin as you obviously have to be a saiyin for that, but could he possibly learn say Kaiyokken?

I know it's a stretch, but that's the point, if such a crossover situation would work.

He would definitely be a problem if he trained in Dragonball through Roshi or Crane. I would say he'd be Robot Tao Level.

But he'd have to die and run snake way to get to King Kai to learn it

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Eh, it all depends on his physical/ki limits, and unless he gets converted to a Dragon Ball human, I don't think that Marvel 616 humans have the ability to undergo the training that is required to reach even Tao Pai Pai's level. There's a reason why most of Roshi's training is physical conditioning to break into the realm of the superhuman. Goku's pretty much a genius that picks up techniques just by watching as well (Hell, most of the Dragon Ball fighters are martial arts geniuses, and Tenshinhan has the ability to mimic techniques just by watching as his specific schtick), but he also has to spend most of his time doing variations of weight training.

I mean, Taskmaster lives in the same Universe as Iron Fist and Dr. Strange, but I don't see him picking up their skills (the ones picked up through their basic training, not the ones that don't require killing a dragon or making a contract with a cosmic being).
    Last edited by The Drunkard Kid; 01-24-2019 at 06:54 PM.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Tasky has already shown in his limited series that his body can only handle so much. His big 'double-time' speedy thing craps out his body after a point. Without the kind of magical physical conditioning and Ki that the DB people have, I really have a problem seeing him doing anything more than either hitting a wall with regards to how far he can get (which would be 'not very') or seriously injuring himself trying to replicate the DB stuff.

Mileage, it may vary.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Yeah, he needs body upgrade or he years himself apart trying the adapting here.