Default Need help with a Batman/Superman title...

OK. About 25 years ago I remember reading a Batman and Superman team up story. I'm pretty sure it was post crisis. It involved Batman and Superman reluctantly teaming up to battle vampires that had taken over a small town, and it ended with Batman impaling a vampire to save Superman's life.

Can someone tell me what this is, and if it appears at all in a collection? Thanks!
    Collects
    80's 90's Post Crisis Era
    Eaglemoss DC Graphic Novels Collection
    New 52 (discontinued)
    DC Rebirth
    DC Black Label

Quote Originally Posted by DCStu View Post
    OK. About 25 years ago I remember reading a Batman and Superman team up story. I'm pretty sure it was post crisis. It involved Batman and Superman reluctantly teaming up to battle vampires that had taken over a small town, and it ended with Batman impaling a vampire to save Superman's life.

Can someone tell me what this is, and if it appears at all in a collection? Thanks!
    This story was Action Comics Annual #1, and it is collected in the tpb "Superman: Dark Knight Over Metropolis".

Here's the annual's cover (the tpb has the same image)

8B45DBEE-F67A-4C9E-8CE4-CE596960B997.jpg
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

733431.jpg

Action Comics Annual 1987.

"Cry Vampire!" Written by John Byrne. Art and cover by Arthur Adams. The World's Finest may have bitten off more than they can chew when they investigate a series of murders and find themselves confronted with the immortal macabre power of the vampire!

I've also just discovered it's in volume 6 of Superman: The Man Of Steel... which I own but haven't read! Wow!
    Collects
    80's 90's Post Crisis Era
    Eaglemoss DC Graphic Novels Collection
    New 52 (discontinued)
    DC Rebirth
    DC Black Label