Default Crypt Of Shadows (2019)

After reading this I felt like I needed to give it a thread to bring it to people’s attention and discuss this fantastic book!! I really like what Marvel have done here, choosing Al Ewing to write the issue was a brilliant decision as he’s doing great work on the horror-themed Immortal Hulk. And then using the multi-story format, each one having a twist/shock ending format like the horror comics of old brought a smile to my face!! I really enjoyed each of the stories and hope this doesn’t just get looked over!! I’ve no interest in picking up any of the other one-shots they’re doing (like War Is Hell) but I hope the quality stays this consistent as it’s a rare thing for a Marvel book these days, especially one-shots and anthologies.

In short, read this book, it’s worth it.
    Current Favourites: Ascender, Daredevil, Department Of Truth, Haha, Immortal Hulk, Luna and Strange Academy

Recent Favourites: Coffin Bound, Faithless, Gideon Falls and She Could Fly

They/Them

i was a diehard fan of the original series. i'll give it a try.

I couldn’t figure out how the wife got involved as the psychiatrist. Did his wife die? Was John somebody hallucinating the whole thing? Were there in fact dogs locked in the crypt? That all seems unlikely. It seems like John was tormented by his own demons while waiting to die?

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    I couldn’t figure out how the wife got involved as the psychiatrist. Did his wife die? Was John somebody hallucinating the whole thing? Were there in fact dogs locked in the crypt? That all seems unlikely. It seems like John was tormented by his own demons while waiting to die?
    It was a post-hypnotic suggestion. He was trapped with the dogs the entire time; while imagining that he was telling those stories. His wife was a psychiatrist of some sort and a dog lover.

There's a similar story in one of the later seasons of Tales From the Crypt. They both hinge upon a murderer not recognizing someone who should be familiar to them.
    Last edited by Michael Watkins; 01-29-2019 at 01:41 PM.