Page 24 of 53 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast

First off... To talk about UNCANNY X-MEN ANNUAL #1 2019!!!!!!
    >The art was beautiful! We need more of Carlos Gomez on the X-Books!
    >I really liked the story both in terms of the resurrection strategy as well as the human [ahem, mutant] stories of what we'll do to protect our families.
    >So... The X-men actually buried Scott's body post-Phoenix Resurrection. Good.
    >Did Kid Wifi leave that note for Bald NOT!Xavier With Cerebro For Sentinels or is there another force at work? And how did Bald NOT!Xavier With Cerebro For Sentinels get all those advanced-looking robots so quickly? Kid Wifi? Was that you, girl?!
    >And any story with time travel leads immediately to questions of why people can't be in two places at [almost] the same time or accomplish things space/time normally prevent. Cyke and Kid Wifi could have been on the beach helping the X-Men via time travel a few minutes after stopping Bald NOT!Xavier With Cerebro For Sentinels [I refuse to call him Professor Tavin Tierney!].
    >This issue contained 2 Storms. In the same panel. Fighting each other. That's a sign of... something.
    >I'm not sure if I agree with Scott deciding his previous approach was wrong. I think he did the best he could with what he was given in one horrible situation after another. He may think he was wrong or be angry/sad at what he had to do... but what he did worked. Regret is natural, especially when not caught up in a constant struggle for survival. I'm not arguing that his way was the only way that might have worked but it did work.
    >I hope we get stories this good coming up in Uncanny!
    >4/5 SHRAAAAAAKS!

Favourite panels...
    cyc1.jpg
    cyc2.jpg
    cyc4.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    No different than when any character is potrayed out of character. The Emma Defense Force, the Scott Defense force, the Inhuman defense force. Everyone comes out when they feel someone they like is being potrayed in a negative light.
    At the end of the day it is what it is. There was no reason why Storm shouldn't have destroyed the cloud outright. Point blank period. But there is also no reason why she shouldn't have been able to do so. So where does that leave people?
    Anyway i'm glad Scott is back. I still think Emma was right as well. My people had to fight a civil war for freedom, mutants had to fight a war for survival. No one can really make emma look bad to me in this situation.
    And in my opinion leave the planet is no different then go back to africa. I have never been to africa, most mutants have never been to outer space or limbo.
    I agree with literally everything you've said.
    Last edited by nx01a; 01-23-2019 at 03:34 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    I appreciate your insight into this. IvX was a complete travesty, and you won't find many that say it isn't. I'm pissed at it because it started this regression to 1991 for the X-Men that's only gotten worse with the annual today. It's always BS when a character gets assassinated to push an agenda. Magneto got his retcon, Bishop got forgiven, and I hope something positive happens for Emma out of this.
    I completely understand. As my avatar suggests, I'm a Medusa fan and these events really left me traumatized. All of the backlash can be hard to take some times. I can only imagine you know what it is like because Emma didn't come out of the events unscathed either. I wish the events had never happened, but they did and the best we can all hope for is that it really will be forgotten sooner rather than later.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyotheseasons View Post
    I completely understand. As my avatar suggests, I'm a Medusa fan and these events really left me traumatized. All of the backlash can be hard to take some times. I can only imagine you know what it is like because Emma didn't come out of the events unscathed either. I wish the events had never happened, but they did and the best we can all hope for is that it really will be forgotten sooner rather than later.
    i'm gonna

give ya a hug

*hug*
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by StephenFoxMonster View Post
    Medusa was wrong for that, and I'm not taking her side. My side is that Storm did what she could to save lives without more people dying until she took Emma's proposition, which still led to death. It affected her mentally and that is why she gave Kitty the offer to run the X-Men.
    Storm also saw thousands dying and did not push back.

You and PsychoEFrost are having some sobering dialogue here - even if I feel that the Inhumans were the villains in the Terrigen Crisis narrative, I understand that they have fans and I'm sorry that they were harmed just for such a bad story.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Personally i think the reason Avengers only help humans is because they want to feel like gods. They love the idolization they get from protecting those they see as weak and mutants are a obstacle to their status as being the greatest heroes of earth. It's okay if your human that was turned into more because it's far easier to convince you to be one of them, that you were chosen to be a defender of the people rather than being born with power and choosing to do something good with it. IMO the avengers come off like apologists. They would be that group standing in front of confederate monuments talking about "but history". Look how fast they step up to oppress a mutant and how slow they step up to protect one.
    Ugh you're speaking from inside my head rn. Avenger hypocrisy, self righteousness and overinflated sense of self importance always drove me away.

I can't argue with you. You are right. These events solely took place in the event books DoX and IvX, but that doesn't mean they didn't happen. I just hate that characters on both sides suffered due to a very one-sided event where Marvel was clearly pushing an agenda. The X-Men have yet another extinction event that they have to face, so all of the X-books were focused on that and exaggerated that aspect. The Inhumans books were working on building a brand, so they weren't bogged down by what was happening over in the X-books. Is it fair that the Inhumans were being pushed at the expense of the X-Men? No. Were there better ways to do it? For sure. But we got what we got and the Inhumans in their own books, books that Inhumans fans were reading never touched the subject and thusly should in my opinion be judged by what happened in the actual events and not necessarily things that did or didn't happen in another branch of the universe. It's like saying the X-Men don't care that Dr. Doom is taking over the world. Well, if the story is taking place in a Fantastic Four comic then I won't be mad at the X-Men for not being there.

And I understand the frustration of the fans. I really do. I might come off as a total Inhumans fan boy, but I really do try to see everything as objectively as I can. And I hated the events, I hated the backlash and I hate that Marvel is still including things in their books that make topics like this resurface. So I should probably just quit while I'm ahead. playing devil's advocate never got me very far. Haha.
    I definitely respect and appreciate you candid honesty on the situation. the only reason i bring it up is because i feel Charles Soule failed the inhumans. I actually like the inhumans because my first introduction into the marvel universe was via the fantastic four. If Soule made sure he did a back up story or at least an arc or something showing the inhuman desperation to save mutants we would be having a different discussion. On the one end all we got in the X-titles was this cloud is killing us and at the exact same time this was all happening the inhumans seemed to not care. All he had to do was dedicate a few pages per issue to a task force medusa set up trying to actually help mutants and that would have made a world of difference. Instead a cloud that was supposedly sacred to them was barely even mentioned in their own book, he didn't even try to show it's importance the culture around it, anything. The only story arc i can think about is when that inhuman who could control earth found his family and though some of their vilage died because of the cloud they were devout believers in it. Honestly i don't think the inhumans had to come of this looking bad at all if he wasn't so focused on world building only. The difference with the FF fighting doctor doom is that could have been an event that occured within a manner of minutes or hours while others were doing something else. But the inhumans worshipped this cloud as though it was a god and if it was so important to their culture and who they were it should have been shown during this world building process but it really wasn't.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member

I don't hate the Inhumans or their fans. I think Marvel went full retard with Inhumans vs X-Men and everybody involved in plotting that story, Soule, Lemire and editors, should feel ashamed for their bad work.

For as contentious as this thread has been (24 pages in 6 hours), I'm glad to see some common ground and understanding at the end of it.

I'm really invested in the Marvel universe and the X-Men, and it hurts to see events that just hurt everyone and marginalize one side. Here's hoping that things get better.

IvX was a clusterF for everyone involved... including readers. Sorry if you've gotten crap from posters because you're a Medusa fan.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    For as contentious as this thread has been (24 pages in 6 hours), I'm glad to see some common ground and understanding at the end of it.

I'm really invested in the Marvel universe and the X-Men, and it hurts to see events that just hurt everyone and marginalize one side. Here's hoping that things get better.
    Toast to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    A sacred cloud does not take precedence over innocent lives.

The moment Medusa and the Inhumans showed their priority to be a cloud, something that should've been easier to deal with than trying to find one's way out of a wet paper bag, Storm and the X-Men should've put them in their place.
    ALso double standard. If Scott attempting to bring in the Phoenix to keep his species alive is wrong, then Medusa keeping the Mists around is also wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Nah. Utopia was established during Dark Reign and Heroic age where he still went out and saved flat-scans.

The correct answer was Nation X by Hickman
    Nation X is a redundant timeline. It never happened.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

IvX made everyone look like morons, except the kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    You and PsychoEFrost are having some sobering dialogue here - even if I feel that the Inhumans were the villains in the Terrigen Crisis narrative, I understand that they have fans and I'm sorry that they were harmed just for such a bad story.
    I totally understand where fans are coming from when they see the Inhumans as the villains of the story. I get it. I truly do. I just don't like how black and white the issue is seen by some on both sides. Yes, the argument can be made that all the Inhumans would have lost is something that gives them powers, but for all intent and purposes, within the context of the Marvel universe that is what makes them their race. And people will often say, Cyclops, Emma, Magneto, insert mutant name here, was just doing what was necessary to ensure their race would continue.

In a scenario where mutants were forced to let people die or even kill people to ensure that mutantkind would continue, would that be viewed as genocide and murder or would it be justified as protecting what is left of mutants? Does that make any sense? It's late where I live and I'm not sure if I can still create cohesive thoughts. Haha.

BANNED

All this talk about who buried him?It was Emma.Emma gave him a proper burial,not jean,not X-men.

This is the grave site that jean visited.
    It's kind of hilarious she didn't even known where the real body was.
    Screenshot (91).jpg