Page 16 of 53 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Magneto View Post
    Finally, the best leader of mutant kind is back. Save the franchise Scott, please.
    If only people would stop arguing over the last 10 years (and 10 issues) of disappointment. Let's follow Scott and renounce the past and enjoy a brighter, heroic future.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    If only people would stop arguing over the last 10 years (and 10 issues) of disappointment. Let's follow Scott and renounce the past and enjoy a brighter, heroic future.
    Yes, they should talk every bad guy down with the care bear stare. After all, using violence is wrong, and we wouldn't want the X-Men to be hypocrites, would we?

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

storm isnt in this issue not sure why she keeps getting brought up.

the main takeaways:
    -cyclops admitted he was wrong for his ideas for mutants were wrong (no more rightclops)
    -emma was again shown to be heartless, deceitful, and downright disrespectful to cyclops corpse
    -cyclops has made a turn back towards the boy scout we all know and remember.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    No you dont because they never showed anyone burying his body. Your making **** up on your own and your headcannon is not the truth.
    the only headcanon Ive mentioned is Jean burying him. It could have been Storm, Kitty or any number of X-men around during Phoenix Resurrection but Jean makes the most logical sense. Emma however does not. There is no indication that Emma even know that Scott was alive for 10 minutes let alone, come out of hiding so she could swoop in, steal his body and bury it, with all those X-men around. Tell me exactly how do you rationalize that as making any type of sense?

Quote Originally Posted by Keyotheseasons View Post
    But even before the revelation that Medusa was dying and the whole Death of the Inhumans thing was going on, Medusa abdicated the throne and left all of her responsibility behind. In nothing I read (maybe I missed something, which is totally a possibility) did it even seem like Medusa cared what happened with Emma. I also can't recall Iso mentioning anything about Emma either. I am genuinely asking, was there any mention of the Inhumans wanting to go after Emma after the second cloud was destroyed?
    Nope. Emma was largely forgotten after IvX save for Bunn using her in Blue. The X-men nor Inhumans seemed to care about her for the most part

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    storm isnt in this issue not sure why she keeps getting brought up.

the main takeaways:
    -cyclops admitted he was wrong for his ideas for mutants were wrong (no more rightclops)
    -emma was again shown to be heartless, deceitful, and downright disrespectful to cyclops corpse
    -cyclops has made a turn back towards the boy scout we all know and remember.
    All of which is 100% pure grade A horse manure, and the majority of people are calling it out for the crap that it is.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Expected a lot worse on the i'msosorryloganiwaswrongabouteverythingjeeeeaaaann nn front, honestly. Still felt like an optic blast to the crotch, but oh well.

A few thoughts:

1. Wow, I've joked about Wi-Fi being a Jott shipper in the Cyke thread, but his throwing of shade at Emma was just completely out there.

2. Inflicting severe physical punishment on PassiveAbilityPhoenixRevive!Clops will become a running gag, won't it?

3. Still annoyed at the overall AvX/IvX era revionism, but I'll give it to editorial, they're consistently/methodically annoying in their endeavor.

4. Too bad the tombstone/where's-the-body thingy was just a plain screw-up. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Is it possible that Jean being around would've given us the same broad strokes (AXM, HoM, Decimation, Messiah Trilogy, Schism, AvX) while allowing the X-Men and Cyclops to remain "heroic" (as if they weren't)? Sure, but it's just as likely that Jott's marriage would've been dissolved by those events, with Jean leading the opposition to Scott and his team.

Sure, and if only D-list heroes were left on earth during some major crisis they would find a way to save the day.

What did Storm do when she got the reins? EXM and IvX? Ouch. Well, I'm sure she'll do better aft- she's giving leadership to Kitty? Okay, I'm sure it'll be a great passing the torch story tha- she's taking naps constantly?

When Marvel had the chance to show us Storm leading, they dropped the ball badly.
    Except we saw storm successfully leading for over 20 years before that and saving mutant and human kind countless times. Also i think Storm's body count is far less than others who lead considering she had to deal with a death cloud that marvel made immune to her powers, living in limbo, and a direct confrontation with another race of superheroes. All in all not too shabby. One could say Scott just let all the X-men "die" instead of using his telepathic rapport with Jean to send a heads up while he was on his way to save the doctor that helped Cable bring him back but thats if they want to go there. Then there are the millions of mutants who lost their powers on his watch.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Is it possible that Jean being around would've given us the same broad strokes (AXM, HoM, Decimation, Messiah Trilogy, Schism, AvX) while allowing the X-Men and Cyclops to remain "heroic" (as if they weren't)? Sure, but it's just as likely that Jott's marriage would've been dissolved by those events, with Jean leading the opposition to Scott and his team.

Sure, and if only D-list heroes were left on earth during some major crisis they would find a way to save the day.

What did Storm do when she got the reins? EXM and IvX? Ouch. Well, I'm sure she'll do better aft- she's giving leadership to Kitty? Okay, I'm sure it'll be a great passing the torch story tha- she's taking naps constantly?

When Marvel had the chance to show us Storm leading, they dropped the ball badly.
    Storm not being competent magically to prop up Scott...I dont know about you but I'll call that bad writing.

Incredible Member StephenFoxMonster's Avatar

Why are people acting like Storm hasn't led the X-Men successfully before?

Storms leadership being undermined by Archangel, Cable and Xavier goes back decades. Yelled at by all 3 and then having Bishop walk in to say in the future Cyclops is the greatest X-Men leader

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    the only headcanon Ive mentioned is Jean burying him. It could have been Storm, Kitty or any number of X-men around during Phoenix Resurrection but Jean makes the most logical sense. Emma however does not. There is no indication that Emma even know that Scott was alive for 10 minutes let alone, come out of hiding so she could swoop in, steal his body and bury it, with all those X-men around. Tell me exactly how do you rationalize that as making any type of sense?

Nope. Emma was largely forgotten after IvX save for Bunn using her in Blue. The X-men nor Inhumans seemed to care about her for the most part
    After the scene where she talked to his dead body (if i'm remembering correctly) she could have left straight from there and buried him. I assume, and this is head canon, Cable proably showed up right before she talked to dead scott. I mean after all she was there to watch them "bury" him, and also had teleporter Magick there.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by StephenFoxMonster View Post
    Storm on top is the most successful run of the X men coming into the 90s. Its undeniable that when Claremont focused on Magneto, Storm as the leaders, the sales went through the roof.

BANNED

It wasn't that Storm didn't have answers, it was her not being sure she belonged with the X-Men. She also had to have some severe depression about the X-Men basically falling under her leadership.

Lol.After at least 40 years of publication history & loved by every other X-men she was not sure,she belonged with the X-men?

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    So the idea that Storm would have a peaceful solution to the Purifiers, the FOH, and the Reavers all trying to exterminate the mutant race in the wake of M-Day is laughable.
    Lol.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Folks are just making fun of the epic IvX era fail and how the DoX retcon didn't make Storm look any better.

Pre-DoX: Storm lets mutants choke to death on Terrigen so she can hurt Scott's feeling and prove to everyone she's better than him.
    Post-DoX: Storm lets mutants choke to death on Terrigen because she couldn't handle social media jerks making Hitler memes or whatever, lol.
    Last edited by FluffyCyclopsRLZ; 01-23-2019 at 02:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    it was a HUGE plot hole that Storm DID speak to Medusa and told her at the beginning that the cloud was poison...and that the end she was all "oh why dind't you just tell us?"...ummm they did
    To be fair, with that conversation being in canon, Storm said that the effects were quite different from mutant to mutant. She said some were sick, some were dying and some were completely unaffected. So in Medusa's defense, at that time she did have Beast and Iso working on a solution together, she provided evacuation efforts to move mutants out of the way of the clouds and she really didn't know that ALL mutants were going to die. Now I am not saying that some people potentially dying and people definitely dying should be weighed differently from a moral standpoint, but it is a situation that needs to be addressed differently. The clouds holding shape allowed for evacuation and relief efforts. The entire planet being covered in the mist because they were dispersing into the atmosphere is something completely different.

I really don't want to rehash IvX and all of the hatred and tension that came with it for fans of the X-Men and Inhumans, but I think it is only fair to mention once again that the scenario, as presented by Storm to Medusa in said panel is an entirely different circumstance as to how events ultimately unfolded.
    Last edited by Keyotheseasons; 01-23-2019 at 02:21 PM.