Page 28 of 53 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast
    BANNED

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...lops-was-right

This Marvel.com contributor says Cyclops was right!

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    That’s nothing new. He’s been regretful over how things turned out on that front even before this issue. Still he didn’t say it was a mistake. Jean was the last person he saw. It’s not off that he’d want to see her especially since it’s been years since they were both truly alive
    He died in Emma's arms (which he seemed to have some memories of) yet he doesn't give a **** about how she's doing. And while they broke up, he also said he still cared about her.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Finally read the issue. I enjoyed it quite a bit. There are a few things I'm uncertain about, but I'm going to wait and see until I make further judgement. Either way, he's back and hopefully going to be doing big things.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Someone want to post what his speech actually is at the end?

Omega Level Member WhitePhoenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Because it was a mistake.
    Huzzah! So was, agree agree agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivka View Post
    Exactly. And it's canon. Back in the 90s there were a few comics that showed Xavier "bleeding" his psychic influence whether he wanted to or not. And Storm accused Xavier a couple of times, of unconsciously manipulating her to leave Africa and come be Xavier's foot-soldier in New York. In Jean's case, she established that psychic link with Scott, and never left him alone. Never. When you're in love one supposes it's wonderful at first, all that massive togetherness. But after a few years, Cyke was shown in the comics, trying to get away from Jean's constant monitoring of his every thought. Can you imagine what that's like, someone ALWAYS in your head? Remember when he tried to escape to a movie theater and Jean finds him, pops up in his thoughts, to paraphrase, "Sweetie, where are you? Why did you go to a movie without me?" I love Jean Grey as a character, but her relationship with Scott made me cringe for years. I really cheered when Scott and Emma became a couple.

Emma knows what it feels like to be controlled, she relishes freedom. Jean had no boundaries with Scott--anyone with a modicum of psych education knows, human beings have to establish boundaries and personal space. Jean's insistence on violating Scott's personal space all the time, was always scary. She'd say, she only wanted to share her love for him, or make sure he's okay, but she actually had complete access to his mind, and even if unintentionally, she could manipulate him in subtle ways. Xavier did the same thing to all the O5! He manipulated them for years! Jean learned from the master; "all for your own good" Xavier and Jean would say. A little nudge to make this decision, or that.

I'm not saying this is what happened in current X-Continuity based on what's in UNCANNY ANNUAL #1. I'm leaving it on the table, though! If the X-Office and Marvel weren't so hell-bent on vilifying Emma (and Magneto too for that matter), and doing so in dialogue that is propagandist at best, maybe I could wrap my brain around Scott's "conversion" in today's comics. But that speech, and others by Kid Cable--Marvel is being provocative and I need an alternative explanation for Cyclops' complete paradigm shift. It really looks and reads like he's rejoined a cult that he escaped, and now he's seen the "error of his ways" and he's "sorry" he doubted Xavier's Dream.

Now any mutant who has ANY method different from that of the Xavier Cult, is going to be a "villain." All mutants are either with Saint Xavier or they are enemies. Like it was in the 90s. Which is why I say again, the 90s were not a good time in the X-Books. Not a decade to emulate. The X-Office and Marvel need to stop.
    Seriously, are you going to misinterpret everything to make Scott and Jean relationship the terrible mess you want it to be. Jean knew Scott was feeling upset after fighting his brother who was a villain then, and came to see if he needed someone to talk to. Emma would have done the same thing

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/w3FZ7qCeh0...O4_UpY85=s1600

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/ZjySNDUWV7...rJeUcCim=s1600

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/GT2krAQy0k...NbUhMKTQ=s1600

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/levhuieN9P...J7rx-cyQ=s1600

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/siTzsf4rnO...I9Imfl-4=s1600

Jean was never constantly monitoring Scotts thoughts. The psychic rapport allowed him to communicate with her telepathically and allowed them feel each there emotions. They were never constantly checking each other's thoughts, and talked to each other about issues.
    Heck there are issues where Scott keeps stuff from Jean which wouldn't happen if she was always reading his mind and controlling him. There are the issues in Seagles run where Scott and the other O5 are monitoring Jean to make sure she isn't the Phoenix and she has no idea despite the rapport.

Or new Xmen where Scott doesn't want to communicate and wants her to just read his mind, but she refuses because she prefers them talking. Which would not be if she was someone who enjoyed monitoring his thoughts.

Honestly, there's more roof of Emma constantly reading Scotts mind than Jean.

Jean and Scott had boundaries, you can't just come out and say she was controlling and violating Scott with no evidence

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Not really. Scott essentially disavowed everything post-Morrison (making any X-Men that stayed with him over that time look grossly incompetent for not putting him in jail if everything he did was so horrible). The issue went out of its way to throw Emma under the bus again. There's nothing left of RightClops here. It's a pure factory reset to 1991.
    I'm hoping he was only referring to some of his post decimation tactics. Otherwise I have a bad feeling about this, especially since Emma seems to be getting the Black Cat treatment.
    -Spider-man

-Geralt of Rivia

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Someone want to post what his speech actually is at the end?
    What? Scott's speech?

"After a life of trying to prove that we fit in. That mutants and humans could... should... live as one, I...

I did the same thing that everyone I'd been fighting had done.

Put my species above theirs.

I became the monster they feared.

It was wrong.

I was wrong."

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    What? Scott's speech?

"After a life of trying to prove that we fit in. That mutants and humans could... should... live as one, I...

It was wrong.

I was wrong."
    Yep, you were totally wrong Cyke. Should have just rolled over and let the government stomp on the other side of your face.

The affair was. The years of being together afterwards were not.
    It started wrong. The rest was wrong too

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    It started wrong. The rest was wrong too
    Yeah, Scott should have committed seppuku, we know your stance.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...lops-was-right

This Marvel.com contributor says Cyclops was right!

He died in Emma's arms (which he seemed to have some memories of) yet he doesn't give a **** about how she's doing. And while they broke up, he also said he still cared about her.
    The issue took place over several weeks. plenty of time for him to have been updated on Emma

Yep, you were totally wrong Cyke. Should have just rolled over and let the government stomp on the other side of your face.
    It reminds me a lot of Ironman post dark reign. I would have preferred him stating that it was wrong but necessary. This however feels off. I'll wait and see what happens with Uncanny. What happens there is what I'm more concerned about. This is Scott getting back in a hero mindset when it's necessary.
    -Spider-man

-Geralt of Rivia

Yeah, Scott should have committed seppuku, we know your stance.
    At least there would be honor on it.

May someone make this their CBR avatar?

“Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    What? Scott's speech?

It was wrong.

I was wrong."
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate