Page 29 of 53 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gifted View Post
    May someone make this their CBR avatar?

It looks pretty tempting, but I'm a bit attached to the one I have right now.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Not really. Scott essentially disavowed everything post-Morrison (making any X-Men that stayed with him over that time look grossly incompetent for not putting him in jail if everything he did was so horrible). The issue went out of its way to throw Emma under the bus again. There's nothing left of RightClops here. It's a pure factory reset to 1991.
    The way how Brisson writes is tricky. When Cyclops says he was wrong, what actions are he regretting? Post-Morrison covers 2004 - 2017 when Scott dies. That's even before Wanda wipes out 98% of mutants, Deadly Genesis, Utopia, AvX and Death of X.
    Then you have Cable's rant about Emma. He's half-right since Emma's stunt did make Scott look bad.

Quote Originally Posted by gifted View Post
    May someone make this their CBR avatar?

Done. I like it but I may switch back.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    The way how Brisson writes is tricky. When Cyclops says he was wrong, what actions are he regretting? Post-Morrison covers 2004 - 2017 when Scott dies. That's even before Wanda wipes out 98% of mutants, Deadly Genesis, Utopia, AvX and Death of X.
    Then you have Cable's rant about Emma. He's half-right since Emma's stunt did make Scott look bad.
    He's zero right. Emma took action to save everyone's lives, and did exactly what Scott would have done if he was still alive. And even if people are upset about the end of IvX, everyone knew it was Emma at that point so there's zero reason to blame Scott at all.

It's a mixed bag for me. I'm quite annoyed by some of the issue's contents but at the same time quite pleased with the rest.
    -Spider-man

-Geralt of Rivia

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    I'm hoping he was only referring to some of his post decimation tactics. Otherwise I have a bad feeling about this, especially since Emma seems to be getting the Black Cat treatment.
    Where they double-down on making her out to be as irredeemable and villainous as possible to turn off fans calling for her redemption? The one good thing about that is that like what happened with Felicia, Marvel will eventually get tired of doubling down with lessening returns on their investment and reset Emma's character to being more-or-less on the side of the angels again, though as a certain modernized incarnation of Sherlock would put it, "Don't think because she's on the side of the angels that she's one of them." Hmm, come to think of it, Felicia and Emma would definitely have a lot to talk about, given certain commonalities between them as characters, and particularly how Marvel has gone out of its way to vilify and demonize them both in recent years. Again, though, Marvel eventually got tired of not getting what it wanted out of "outright villainous instead of morally ambiguous Felicia" and finally wrote off the whole thing as the failed experiment that it was. No reason to presume the same couldn't happen with Emma, though it'll probably be at least as long a wait for Emma fans as it was for Felicia fans.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    It reminds me a lot of Ironman post dark reign. I would have preferred him stating that it was wrong but necessary. This however feels off. I'll wait and see what happens with Uncanny. What happens there is what I'm more concerned about. This is Scott getting back in a hero mindset when it's necessary.
    Iron Man's godlike arc about doing whatever it takes to secure his ideal future as quickly as possible, succeeding brilliantly but realizing it wasn't worth it, trying to move forward and create that future anyway, getting his ass beat and then his ankles and knees blown out for it, and then having to put the pieces back together from scratch will always be a great model for that kinda story. But Scott's story wasn't one of those stories.

The legend of Scott Summers shall now always be known as him pouring a bowl of Honey Nut Cheerios, having no milk, going to get the milk, getting hit by a car for trying to get milk because someone was driving under the influence (of the Phoenix), and then saying to himself -- "I did the same thing everyone I'd been fighting had done. Put my breakfast above theirs. I became the consumer they feared. It was wrong. I was wrong."

Then he switches to breakfast bagels. Disgusting.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Done. I like it but I may switch back.
    Haha, rad. Power of intention.

“Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    He's zero right. Emma took action to save everyone's lives, and did exactly what Scott would have done if he was still alive. And even if people are upset about the end of IvX, everyone knew it was Emma at that point so there's zero reason to blame Scott at all.
    Cable is Scott's son. Brisson writes it as Nathan acting out because Emma used his father how she did for DoX instead of telling his friends how he really died and giving him a better burial which actually happened. He doesn't blame her for his death; he even covers it later when he says he couldn't believe some mist took him.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Iron Man's godlike arc about doing whatever it takes to secure his ideal future as quickly as possible, succeeding brilliantly but realizing it wasn't worth it, trying to move forward and create that future anyway, getting his ass beat and then his ankles and knees blown out for it, and then having to put the pieces back together from scratch will always be a great model for that kinda story. But Scott's story wasn't one of those stories.

The legend of Scott Summers shall now always be known as him pouring a bowl of Honey Nut Cheerios, having no milk, going to get the milk, getting hit by a car for trying to get milk because someone was driving under the influence (of the Phoenix), and then saying to himself -- "I did the same thing everyone I'd been fighting had done. Put my breakfast above theirs. I became the consumer they feared. It was wrong. I was wrong."

Then he switches to breakfast bagels. Disgusting.
    Yeah, this issue reads more as a setup for Jott by burying the past when it should have been built off of and developed. I'm fine with Scott returning to his old self, but this isn't the best way to finish development of the arc. So, I'll wait and see how Uncanny runs with it. That book seems like it might be striving for a better balanced Scott.
    -Spider-man

-Geralt of Rivia

BANNED

At this point, I think we should just consider Brisson wrote Cyclops saying that thinking of AvX. We all know it backfired rather spectacularly on Marvel's face and they've been trying to paint Scott as the face of evil for quite some time since then. Now they're giving us our Scott back and they want their tribute, which is accepting that he was a "villain" then. And I'd say let them have it. AvX was a shitshow for everyone involved, anyway. As long as we can move on without Scott being stuck to it. I'll do like some fans, stick with my headcanon and be happy with it
    Last edited by PrezValentine; 01-23-2019 at 07:17 PM.

*Clutches Pearls* LeonardEugenius's Avatar

Brisson is trash. This read like a New X-Men hitpiece.

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    Seriously, are you going to misinterpret everything to make Scott and Jean relationship the terrible mess you want it to be. Jean knew Scott was feeling upset after fighting his brother who was a villain then, and came to see if he needed someone to talk to. Emma would have done the same thing

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/w3FZ7qCeh0...O4_UpY85=s1600

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/ZjySNDUWV7...rJeUcCim=s1600

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/GT2krAQy0k...NbUhMKTQ=s1600

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/levhuieN9P...J7rx-cyQ=s1600

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/siTzsf4rnO...I9Imfl-4=s1600

Jean was never constantly monitoring Scotts thoughts. The psychic rapport allowed him to communicate with her telepathically and allowed them feel each there emotions. They were never constantly checking each other's thoughts, and talked to each other about issues.
    Heck there are issues where Scott keeps stuff from Jean which wouldn't happen if she was always reading his mind and controlling him. There are the issues in Seagles run where Scott and the other O5 are monitoring Jean to make sure she isn't the Phoenix and she has no idea despite the rapport.

Or new Xmen where Scott doesn't want to communicate and wants her to just read his mind, but she refuses because she prefers them talking. Which would not be if she was someone who enjoyed monitoring his thoughts.

Honestly, there's more roof of Emma constantly reading Scotts mind than Jean.

Jean and Scott had boundaries, you can't just come out and say she was controlling and violating Scott with no evidence
    I wouldn't take it as far as they did, that's their opinion, I was just stating how ridiculous TP is in Marvel and how no one ever really addresses it or calls out the small or big abuses consistently.

What? Scott's speech?

"After a life of trying to prove that we fit in. That mutants and humans could... should... live as one, I...

I did the same thing that everyone I'd been fighting had done.

Put my species above theirs.

I became the monster they feared.

It was wrong.

I was wrong."

Just... I mean... really?

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    The issue took place over several weeks. plenty of time for him to have been updated on Emma
    It needs to happen on panel.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    At least there would be honor on it.
    Who hurt you?