Page 30 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    He's zero right. Emma took action to save everyone's lives, and did exactly what Scott would have done if he was still alive. And even if people are upset about the end of IvX, everyone knew it was Emma at that point so there's zero reason to blame Scott at all.

And yet the X-Men still found a way to blame him. I wonder how many of them will rush to embrace Scott when they learn he's alive?

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Iron Man's godlike arc about doing whatever it takes to secure his ideal future as quickly as possible, succeeding brilliantly but realizing it wasn't worth it, trying to move forward and create that future anyway, getting his ass beat and then his ankles and knees blown out for it, and then having to put the pieces back together from scratch will always be a great model for that kinda story. But Scott's story wasn't one of those stories.

The legend of Scott Summers shall now always be known as him pouring a bowl of Honey Nut Cheerios, having no milk, going to get the milk, getting hit by a car for trying to get milk because someone was driving under the influence (of the Phoenix), and then saying to himself -- "I did the same thing everyone I'd been fighting had done. Put my breakfast above theirs. I became the consumer they feared. It was wrong. I was wrong."

Then he switches to breakfast bagels. Disgusting.
    You mean Ironman Director of Shield. The Haunted Arc was great.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    At this point, I think we should just consider Brisson wrote Cyclops saying that thinking of AvX. We all know it backfired rather spectacularly on Marvel's face and they've been trying to paint Scott as the face of evil for quite some time since then. Now they're giving us our Scott back and they want their tribute, which is accepting that he was a "villain" then. And I'd say let them have it. AvX was a shitshow for everyone involved, anyway. As long as we can move on without Scott being stuck to it. I'll do like some fans, stick with my headcanon and be happy with it
    This is why you don't throw blanket statements over multifaceted decisions without clarifying which parts you mean.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Iron Man's godlike arc about doing whatever it takes to secure his ideal future as quickly as possible, succeeding brilliantly but realizing it wasn't worth it, trying to move forward and create that future anyway, getting his ass beat and then his ankles and knees blown out for it, and then having to put the pieces back together from scratch will always be a great model for that kinda story. But Scott's story wasn't one of those stories.

The legend of Scott Summers shall now always be known as him pouring a bowl of Honey Nut Cheerios, having no milk, going to get the milk, getting hit by a car for trying to get milk because someone was driving under the influence (of the Phoenix), and then saying to himself -- "I did the same thing everyone I'd been fighting had done. Put my breakfast above theirs. I became the consumer they feared. It was wrong. I was wrong."

Then he switches to breakfast bagels. Disgusting.
    Breakfast bagels?! Cancel the X-Men!

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Cable is Scott's son. Brisson writes it as Nathan acting out because Emma used his father how she did for DoX instead of telling his friends how he really died and giving him a better burial which actually happened. He doesn't blame her for his death; he even covers it later when he says he couldn't believe some mist took him.
    The death Emma gave Scott was better - and Wifi agrees and you said so! it's inconsistent writing just to dump on Emma. Despite that, the X-Men were the ones who responded badly, where's Wifi's harsh words for them?

It's been obvious for a while Cyclops was going to get a soft reboot, don't know how some didn't see it coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    The death Emma gave Scott was better - and Wifi agrees and you said so! it's inconsistent writing just to dump on Emma. Despite that, the X-Men were the ones who responded badly, where's Wifi's harsh words for them?
    Emma didnt give him a death though. She only changed how the world saw it and in that death he was demonized which is what Cable was angry about. Teen Scott was tortured and went into a depression bc of that and Scott now has those memories and experiences. I dont think he views her too fondly bc he knows first hand the reprecussion of her actions

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Emma didnt give him a death though. She only changed how the world saw it and in that death he was demonized which is what Cable was angry about. Teen Scott was tortured and went into a depression bc of that and Scott now has those memories and experiences. I dont think he views her too fondly bc he knows first hand the reprecussion of her actions
    WHich still doesn't mesh with the story of EXM to IvX.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Demonized for destroying a cloud and saving the mutant population of Spain, you mean?

Considering most of the X-Men were there, him being demonized even a little for it is completely unreal.

But you repeat yourself. Changing how the world saw his death is what I meant by "giving him a death" - Scott being demonized was a result of his supposed friends and family, not Emma. Tyke's anguish and depression was a result of those friends and family turning on Cyclops and pummeling his milquetoast convictions into the ground. Are you telling me that you've really bought all of the nonsense that the in-universe narrative is selling?

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

I thought he was demonized due to the propaganda from the Inhumans? Wasn't that the in universe excuse for how the X-men hated him? If so, I see no reason why he would hate her. Cable's viewpoint makes sense, but I expect more maturity from Scott. At the very least he should offer her a chance to make things better.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by thechronic92 View Post
    It's been obvious for a while Cyclops was going to get a soft reboot, don't know how some didn't see it coming.
    This hardly sounds like a soft reboot.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    It doesn’t bc they clearly backpeddled

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Demonized for destroying a cloud and saving the mutant population of Spain, you mean?

Considering most of the X-Men were there, him being demonized even a little for it is completely unreal.
    The story didn’t make sense and it wasn’t consistent but Scott was demonized during that era due to what “he did 8 months ago” which was revealed in DoX. What actually happened didn’t justify the reaction but Teen Scott got tormented for it and he hated Emma as a result

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    I thought he was demonized due to the propaganda from the Inhumans? Wasn't that the in universe excuse for how the X-men hated him? If so, I see no reason why he would hate her. Cable's viewpoint makes sense, but I expect more maturity from Scott. At the very least he should offer her a chance to make things better.
    Did you read the ANX IvX tie ins and Blue? He hated her for her manipulations. Adult also knows she kidnapped him and tried to brainwash him into getting back with her

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    But you repeat yourself. Changing how the world saw his death is what I meant by "giving him a death" - Scott being demonized was a result of his supposed friends and family, not Emma. Tyke's anguish and depression was a result of those friends and family turning on Cyclops and pummeling his milquetoast convictions into the ground. Are you telling me that you've really bought all of the nonsense that the in-universe narrative is selling?
    It wasn’t just the X-men. The world at large hated Scott. The teen was tormented by strangers bc he had the same face
    Last edited by Havok83; 01-23-2019 at 07:48 PM.

The story didn’t make sense and it wasn’t consistent but Scott was demonized during that era due to what “he did 8 months ago” which was revealed in DoX. What actually happened didn’t justify the reaction but Teen Scott got tormented for it and he hated Emma as a result
    Yeah. That's absurdly bad writing covered by even worse writing. It makes zero sense out of universe, and barely any in-universe.

Or is this a "this is how the character feels because they don't know everything the reader does" situations.

That's on Marvel, and it's on them to make sense of it.

Which goes to show why he sucks, he should've cheered Emma and called out the "X-Men" for their abhorrent behavior and hypocrisy.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Well yeah. EXM, ANXM and UXM were mostly written that Scott was still alive but just not working with those teams.