Page 31 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast

I'll miss the dictator cyclops era (it was amusing on SO many levels) but it is nice to see a return to a more heroic version of the character.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

Did you read the ANX IvX tie ins and Blue? He hated her for her manipulations. Adult also knows she kidnapped him and tried to brainwash him into getting back with her
    Yes I did, but I was mainly trying to discuss your point over him being demonized. Yes she used his name as the center for her plans, but his name was thrown through the mud as the result of the Inhumans which Havok pointed out. Had she not, he would have been known as the guy that died from the poison cloud. I think we should just agree to disagree. Blue itself has yet to be referenced.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

It wasn’t just the X-men. The world at large hated Scott. The teen was tormented by strangers bc he had the same face
    What do strangers matter? Scott's supposed friends and family dragged his name through the mud to Tyke's face - if even deserves Scott's ire, it's them not Emma.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    The death Emma gave Scott was better - and Wifi agrees and you said so! it's inconsistent writing just to dump on Emma. Despite that, the X-Men were the ones who responded badly, where's Wifi's harsh words for them?
    He doesn't.

awsdfa.jpg
    14.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    What do strangers matter? Scott's supposed friends and family dragged his name through the mud to Tyke's face - if even deserves Scott's ire, it's them not Emma.
    Scott went on a road trip and wasn’t interacting with the X-men. The hate he was receiving was from strangers which did depress him

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    He doesn't.

awsdfa.jpg
    14.jpg
    Which is strange. He, of all people, should have. I think he’s being biased and immature.
    "He did it. Summers did it."
    "I don't understand...What exactly did Cyclops do?"
    "He kept his people alive."

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    He doesn't.

awsdfa.jpg
    14.jpg
    He didn't like that Scott died to some gas and neither did Emma.

The negative connotation in the first panel is undeserved and the second panel is just untrue; she didn't pervert his memory, the Inhumans and X-Men did - and she didn't do that to incite a war, since that happened months later and only after the world would become inhospitable to mutants. No X-Man went to war because of what happened to Scott.

Scott went on a road trip and wasn’t interacting with the X-men. The hate he was receiving was from strangers which did depress him
    It wouldn't have hit him as hard if the X-Men hadn't done what they did first, and it's not like their public words wouldn't have reached him - and what support did the TD-O5 offer? Words like "you don't have to be him" or "you can change" - as if Scott was a monster. I stand by my conclusion that the "X-Men" are more deserving of Scott's ire.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Having two Storms in one panel here is clearly a goof up but it's far from the end of the world. It's nothing to make any kind of big deal over and it doesn't detract from the issue itself.
    Don't worry, I was just having a little fun. To me the more you think about it the funnier it gets. Someone had to pencil two Storms (and reference two Storms) and the someone inked two Storms and then, wait for it, someone colored two Storms (again referencing two Storms), then I don't know if it was missed how ever other many times, or it was just shrugged at. Whatever, really.

I mean, I never noticed either until someone told me. Do you think I could get a job as an editor? (<-- joking)

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Oooookay, about the whole Wi-Fi thing.

Does it suck for Emma? Yes, yes it does. But I get where the kid is coming from. I mean, she technically did make Cyke the most hated earthly being EVAH (lol) and couldn't be bothered to set the record straight once her (well-meaning, I know!) little homage backfired horribly.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Don't worry, I was just having a little fun. To me the more you think about it the funnier it gets. Someone had to pencil two Storms (and reference two Storms) and the someone inked two Storms and then, wait for it, someone colored two Storms (again referencing two Storms), then I don't know if it was missed how ever other many times, or it was just shrugged at. Whatever, really.
    Didn't catch it the first time around. This is just too funny.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post

I mean, I never noticed either until someone told me. Do you think I could get a job as an editor? (<-- joking)
    Its just hilarious to me.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Oooookay, about the whole Wi-Fi thing.

Does it suck for Emma? Yes, yes it does. But I get where the kid is coming from. I mean, she technically did make Cyke the most hated earthly being EVAH (lol) and couldn't be bothered to set the record straight once her (well-meaning, I know!) little homage backfired horribly.

Didn't catch it the first time around. This is just too funny.
    She should have sat back and done nothing. Mutantkind gets gassed to death, but she doesn't need to breathe in her diamond form.

BANNED

Also remember that pages go to an editor inbetween penciling and inking and coloring and lettering.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    She should have sat back and done nothing.
    That's my whole point. She DID sit back and do nothing while Scott's name was dragged through the mud.

Not saying I agree with the kid's overall assessment of the DoX/IvX fiasco. Just saying I get where he's coming from. Emma is sooo powerful she can fool recording equipment (wtflol), but I guess brainwashing a few people into not setting up press conferences and encouraging an entire planet to fear and hate his father was just too much effort. Once again, this is from Wi-Fi's perspective, not mine.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Also remember that pages go to an editor inbetween penciling and inking and coloring and lettering.
    So, basically they saw it, but didn’t care.