Page 1 of 53 123451151 ... LastLast

Lightbulb Uncanny X-Men #1 Annual *spoilers*

So same as preview with the really cool retro style of art, young Cable plays a big part in the book. Cable calls on a man called Paul Doeuk who Cyclops saves in the flashback to create a device from the Phoenix cage (from AvX I think) to help bring Cyclops back. It is a clever use of continuity if not a little bit convoluted.

Paul creates a tiny version of the cage which Cable puts inside Cyclops corpse after he died from the mists. In Phoenix Ressurection when Jean and Cyclops interact, the Phoenix reacts with the device and gives him a do over card. So thats why he's able to blast out of the grave. Cable gives Cyclops a choice of saving the X-Men vs Legion/X-Man or saving Paul from killer robots and so Cyclops saves Paul, probably cause he was within walking distance.

Ends with Cyclops looking sad on the beach where the other X-Men disappeared.

I liked this a lot more than I was expecting to be honest. It sets up Cyclops decently to be whatever he wants. The art was also above average.

3.5 out of 5 optic blasts.
    Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating

CBR community Standards and Rules

BANNED

Yeah, I thought it was clever how they handled the resurrection.

It's a shame they seemed to disregard that even when he was most driven to protect the Mutant race, he never stopped trying to protect others, IE Bastion's assault on San Francisco.

BANNED

Well, I am confused regarding the spoiler. Can someone gives more details?

BANNED

What garbage. Marvel can continue to revel in its white moderate garbage that Dr. King already warned about in the mid-'60s.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Yeah, I thought it was clever how they handled the resurrection.

It's a shame they seemed to disregard that even when he was most driven to protect the Mutant race, he never stopped trying to protect others, IE Bastion's assault on San Francisco.
    Cyyyke liked this post.
    "He did it. Summers did it."
    "I don't understand...What exactly did Cyclops do?"
    "He kept his people alive."

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I loved it. I was tired of edgy mutant terrorist Cyclops and i'm happy that it seems we are getting a more heroic version.
    also i loved the parts with Jean

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

There will be a lot of Cyclops was right fans clogging up the thread upset that era is over, but this was a 10/10 issue for me. Ed Brisson really wrote this return in the best way that can be done, being respectful of past era's and opening the door to a new one. People are upset about Cyclops admitting he was wrong, but the way he got to remember the good in humanity and why it's important to protect them as much as it is to protect mutants was a great way to get Cyclops to that point of thinking that what he was doing before he died not the right thing.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I loved it. I was tired of edgy mutant terrorist Cyclops and i'm happy that it seems we are getting a more heroic version.
    also i loved the parts with Jean
    He was heroic during Bendis' run. What terrorist actions did he commit? Save mutants from corrupt cops?

Spectacular Member

I'm confused by the timeline. Kid Cable was visiting Cyclops at the end of the 05 story. Now he is back as X-man is fighting the X-men?

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by greyspawn View Post
    I'm confused by the timeline. Kid Cable was visiting Cyclops at the end of the 05 story. Now he is back as X-man is fighting the X-men?
    you see how the events connect if you read the annual.

Emma was right

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    What terrorist actions did he commit?
    He didn't make poor speeches.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Overall, I liked it.

However, I can understand the opinions for those concerned with Scott's Direction. I strongly prefer Cyclops with an edge myself. The one that is strong enough to make the tougher decisions.

I liked the art and the in depth conversations with Cable and Cyclops. My biggest compliment is for the plot on bringing Scott back to life. It was very well constructed.

My only irritation was Scott's Speech at the end. Mutants were on the verge of extinction and he was right in regards of what he had to do.

Giving this 4 out of 5 Stars
    Last edited by Godzilla2099; 01-23-2019 at 08:27 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    What garbage. Marvel can continue to revel in its white moderate garbage that Dr. King already warned about in the mid-'60s.
    Scott "the KKK" Summers, lol

Ok, for people who think Cyclops was wrong, I sincerely ask: what would be right for him to do in those situations then?

I think he should’ve done nothing, so nothing would be his responsibility. He can follow other people’s lead, get through the hard times, keep hands clean and judge all he wants. Sounds really clever.
    "He did it. Summers did it."
    "I don't understand...What exactly did Cyclops do?"
    "He kept his people alive."

What’s gonna happen next? Is Scott gonna go say sorry to the Inhumans for the X-Men being in the way of the cloud?

“uwu sowwy i got a peanut allewgy”

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Like it's that one thing that you knew would happen yet it's still sooo irritating. Ruined the book for me.
    Like Maestroneto said, there is literally no nuance involved in anything. Emma is a evil, crappy wh*rebag who brought tyranny to the X-Men. Revolution!Cyclops is a dumb terrorist who was too busy being eeeeevil to care about the X-Men. I’m not surprised this was edited under someone who is as much of a “Wolvie was right during Schism” fanboy like JDW.

I just know Kyle, Carey, Yost, Fraction, and Gillen are rolling in their....beds?