Page 3 of 53 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    Surprised nobody mentioned Cable leaving Paul's Address for Tavin to find.
    Cable: "Emma and her mind games! That soulless terrorist perverted Cyclops to start a war!"

*ten pages later*

Cable: "Dad, you get to choose between saving the X-Men and this guy who I sicced a supervillain on. Choose wisely."

*at the same time*

Cable: "I killed older me because he didn't have what it takes to make difficult decisions."

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Cable: "Emma and her mind games! That soulless terrorist perverted Cyclops to start a war!"

*ten pages later*

Cable: "Dad, you get to choose between saving the X-Men and this guy who I sicced a supervillain on. Choose wisely."

*at the same time*

Cable: "I killed older me because he didn't have what it takes to make difficult decisions."
    Agreed. This issue had some hypocritical dialogue. Hoping this sloppiness gets cleaned up with later issues
    Last edited by Godzilla2099; 01-23-2019 at 09:43 AM.

In case anyone, for whatever reason, has faith in Rosenberg--

https://twitter.com/AshcanPress/stat...93307845640192
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Scott's resurrection should have been the re-launch of the Uncanny X-Men...not the weekly Disassembled garbage and ensuing AoX place-holders we're given.

I'm not a huge Cyclops fan but I'm glad to see him back. And the actual explanation was handled really well, even if the Phoenix Cage is kind of cheesy, plot wise it makes sense. Unlike with Phoenix Resurrection which never REALLY explained how Jean did it, aside from "the Phoenix did it." At least here, yes, the Phoenix force did it, but there was a device (plot device if you will). Also the interactions were good. All in all a solid issue.

Things I liked:
    - The way the flashback was handled going full silver age. I like imagining that's actually how everyone talked back then.
    - The way the resurrection was explained seemed clever and fair.
    - First thing Scott wants to do is reconnect with Jean.
    - For all his posturing, this Cable is still just a young kid who wanted his dad back, and has appropriately teenage brand "masterplans" to go with it.

Not bad overall for me.

"Comics journalism"? Filthy Mutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Scott's resurrection should have been the re-launch of the Uncanny X-Men...not the weekly Disassembled garbage and ensuing AoX place-holders we're given.
    Agreed.

'Disassembled' could've been streamlined and released concurrently as 'Age of X-Man Prime'.

It seems that with the exception of the debate over Scott's choices in the past and how he sees himself today the general opinion it is a good story.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Someone can have good intentions, do his/her best to try to do the right and still make the wrong choices.
    It's not about disliking Scott or trying to prop up anybody

Mighty Member

I enjoyed it. Good way to connect all the events to this resurrection. Cyclops had a choice of helping the x-men in losing battle where there would be no more x-men or saving a human life. He chose to save one life and save himself so he can rebuild the x-men after they were doomed to fail against x-man. If you don’t see that as still being a hero and him still being edgy, cold and calculating (smart), then we read a different book. He sacrificed them in order for the x-men to continue

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    1) That wasn’t Scott’s decision. It was ultimately Emma who didn’t want more lives to watch than necessary.

2) Of course they didn’t plan for the bus to get bombed. They were sending them back to their homes for their protection.
    1) And yet, all the proponents of Edgy Cyclops are bigging up his ability to make "tough decisions". He was co-headmaster of the school and the guy in overall charge. Either he agreed with the decision, or he stood back and let it happen. Both ways his hands are dipped in blood. The second way, he gets to look weak as a bonus, which is the opposite of what everyone who liked that version claim he was about. (Note also that they didn't throw the believed-depowered Iceman out "for his own protection". And he personally also offered to let Polaris stay when they found out she was actually depowered, albeit in a wishy-washy sort of way)

2) Of course they didn't plan for it. They just stuck them all in a nice, tempting target with no protection - largely against their will - at a time they claimed to be terrified about attacks as sn excuse to chuck them out, and let events unfold. Nothing was possibly forseeable about that going wrong, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post

*ten pages later*

*at the same time*

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    Agreed. This issue had some hypocritical dialogue. Hoping this sloppiness gets cleaned up with later issues
    Not contradictory from a writer's POV - Kid Cable's being a hypocriticial arsehole, yes, but the point in his mind was to make a Hard Decision(TM) that kept Cyke out of Age of X-Man and he needed something to make it happen and get Cyclops back on the bike at the same time. The poor guy? Collateral damage if it wemt wrong. KC has an agenda and he's sticking to it, even if it makes him an unlikeable edgelord. Like his dad was for a decade and change.

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    I enjoyed it. Good way to connect all the events to this resurrection. Cyclops had a choice of helping the x-men in losing battle where there would be no more x-men or saving a human life. He chose to save one life and save himself so he can rebuild the x-men after they were doomed to fail against x-man. If you don’t see that as still being a hero and him still being edgy, cold and calculating (smart), then we read a different book. He sacrificed them in order for the x-men to continue
    So exactly what Charles did in X-men Deadly Genesis. Perhaps an apology is coming now that they are both running around.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Yeah, I thought it was clever how they handled the resurrection.
    Yeah, I liked it as well. It doesn’t undo anything that came before, and yet bringing him back will disrupt future timelines. I liked the very human moment of Cable admitting that he knows this, but did it anyway because it simply wasn’t right what happened to his father and his legacy.

Having said that...doesn’t that make him just as sentimental and ineffective as his older version? In which case, isn’t it even more dumb that he killed him? I think so. But am probably biased because I think a young Cable is a dumb concept. Counting the days until the older one is back, or this one becomes him. Either way.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy Mutie View Post
    'Disassembled' could've been streamlined and released concurrently as 'Age of X-Man Prime'.
    I'm not so sure about that. Even allowing that it was padded, taking it down to maybe 48 pages from, what, 250? Bit much.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Having said that...doesn’t that make just as sentimental and ineffective as his older version? In which case, isn’t it even more dumb that he killed him? I think so.
    I suspect that may be the intended reaction.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    So exactly what Charles did in X-men Deadly Genesis. Perhaps an apology is coming now that they are both running around.
    What? Pretty sure Charles got called out for that because he kept it a secret for years.

That was honestly a bad retcon though.