Page 49 of 53 FirstFirst ... 39454647484950515253 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    Man the "Cyclops was right" fans are really coming out in droves over this.
    You would think they would take the positive that they got their character back.
    Considering he got Tyke's memories,No.I don't think I got my fav. character back,not truely.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    ^^Also if the reason for killing them off was WAAAAAAAAAAAYYYY off base with the stories that was stemmed from it.

Cyclops died from BlackBolt? He's gotta be the Bad Guy!
    Hey,at least he didn't get killed by Dr. Doom.
    Daily Bugle:"Cyke was so evil,so much of a monster that even Doom had to step in & kill him"

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    Cyclops & Emma were killed off shortly before by the mutant Xavier had hidden from society at the end of Bendis' run, so him dying in Death of X lost a lot of the impact because his death was better by Bendis he was at least trying to help another mutant...this one he walked into a cloud.
    Gotta say, I freakin' love how we keep reading about how Cyke died because of his war and/or the evil path he took, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    Hey,at least he didn't get killed by Dr. Doom.
    Daily Bugle:"Cyke was so evil,so much of a monster that even Doom had to step in & kill him"
    You forgot about Secret Wars didn't you?

But overall i am glad i was never a fan of the character, not if the reactions i am seeing are anything to go by.
    I mean really it isn't like he is the only character who ever got screwed, i mean look at Logan, Steve Rogers, Spider-man, Stark, Carol Danvers, etc.
    They all got screwed royally at one point or another over the years the comics have been out, why should Cyclops be any different?
    I just don't get it, i really don't.
    Last edited by Hulkout42; 01-29-2019 at 06:22 PM.

Teen Scott was such a sweet boy. End the slander. Not only did the X-Office kill him, but they've used him as a scapegoat for their crimes.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

I don't think the lack of development was Tyke's fault, but the X-men's. Considering the timeline, Scott had barely been exposed to something that could have been a family for the first time. However, he was immediately thrown into the future where almost everyone hated him and some wanted him dead. Instead of gaining support as well, Kitty and Storm pushed Jean as leader, which according to Xavier, was the best way to keep Scott connected to the X-men and keep him headstrong. In other words, Tyke didn't have anyone there to push him to gain confidence and become the man he was, instead he was ridiculed and berated to the point that he became stagnant and less sure of himself. Bloodstorm seemed to be the only one that provided some understanding, so it makes sense he became as upset as he was when she died.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    I don't think the lack of development was Tyke's fault, but the X-men's. Considering the timeline, Scott had barely been exposed to something that could have been a family for the first time. However, he was immediately thrown into the future where almost everyone hated him and some wanted him dead. Instead of gaining support as well, Kitty and Storm pushed Jean as leader, which according to Xavier, was the best way to keep Scott connected to the X-men and keep him headstrong. In other words, Tyke didn't have anyone there to push him to gain confidence and become the man he was, instead he was ridiculed and berated to the point that he became stagnant and less sure of himself. Bloodstorm seemed to be the only one that provided some understanding, so it makes sense he became as upset as he was when she died.
    He shyed away from being leader bc he didnt want to be like his older self. He actively denied that aspect of himself bc he didnt like how Scott the leader would turn out leading a revolution

I think it’s fair to say Tyke is a watered down, milquetoast sorry excuse for Scott Summers.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    He shyed away from being leader bc he didnt want to be like his older self. He actively denied that aspect of himself bc he didnt like how Scott the leader would turn out leading a revolution
    Yeah, but a majority of that could be attributed to the reactions and treatment he received. He had attempts at leading the team, but was continually questioned by Kitty and others, so it made sense that Tyke felt best to just sit back and give up. It's odd that no one pushed him to be better than his older self. Nonetheless, he really just came off as a watered down version of Scott.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Yeah, but a majority of that could be attributed to the reactions and treatment he received. He had attempts at leading the team, but was continually questioned by Kitty and others, so it made sense that Tyke felt best to just sit back and give up. It's odd that no one pushed him to be better than his older self. Nonetheless, he really just came off as a watered down version of Scott.
    If he wasn't so whiny he would be a good case study for how perception shapes reality.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    You forgot about Secret Wars didn't you?

But overall i am glad i was never a fan of the character, not if the reactions i am seeing are anything to go by.
    I mean really it isn't like he is the only character who ever got screwed, i mean look at Logan, Steve Rogers, Spider-man, Stark, Carol Danvers, etc.
    They all got screwed royally at one point or another over the years the comics have been out, why should Cyclops be any different?
    I just don't get it, i really don't.
    1.I didn't.That was the joke.
    2.And none of them thrown out by the superhero community,constantly comparing him to hitler,monster,evil,terrorist etc,etc.

You're on point in this... it was really hard for him to act differently. Marvel missed so much stuff with him... well let's see what they will do with Cyclops.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

1.I didn't.That was the joke.
    2.And none of them thrown out by the superhero community,constantly comparing him to hitler,monster,evil,terrorist etc,etc.
    Not even the ones who were more-or-less acting like Hitler or terrorists, i.e. Tony Stark and/or Carol Danvers in the Civil Wars or "Stevil" in Secret Empire or even "Spider-Man" when Doctor Octopus was parading/marauding around as the "Superior Spider-Man."

Then again, mutants have always gotten the short end of the stick in-universe and out and had their efforts to defend themselves and/or each other deliberately distorted into evidence of malign intent against humanity at large. Cyclops focused more on protecting mutants later in his life/career the same way an activist for the rights of the marginalized would focus more on the marginalized; he went where he was needed. He made it clear that while he still wanted to build bridges with humanity, despite his justified anger at how mutants were still being treated after all the X-Men had done to prove themselves to the world, he was done turning the other cheek in response to unjustified, unwarranted aggression against mutants by humans. He wasn't advocating for overthrowing human society like Magneto would have back in the day, simply that mutants unapologetically stand up for themselves and their fundamental right to exist, and even that got backlash that ended up in him being openly reviled and vilified after his death for one simple reason. Mutants, by virtue of their very existence, threaten the dominant system and the dominant system does not like being threatened, so anyone trying to address or redress the injustices wrought by said system will inevitably be demonized or discredited to ensure that the dominant system can perpetuate itself.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

BANNED

When/where did this happen? I was only reading the Xmen at the time and NEVER got the "scott is hitler" comparisons....to me it was some bullshit marvel was pushing just like the Inhumans and some of the more impressionable fans ran with it.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    When/where did this happen? I was only reading the Xmen at the time and NEVER got the "scott is hitler" comparisons....to me it was some bullshit marvel was pushing just like the Inhumans and some of the more impressionable fans ran with it.
    I believe Bobby made the direct comparison during the start of IvX.