Page 2 of 53 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    What’s gonna happen next? Is Scott gonna go say sorry to the Inhumans for the X-Men being in the way of the cloud?

“uwu sowwy i got a peanut allewgy”

Like Maestroneto said, there is literally no nuance involved in anything. Emma is a evil, crappy wh*rebag who brought tyranny to the X-Men. Revolution!Cyclops is a dumb terrorist who was too busy being eeeeevil to care about the X-Men. I’m not surprised this was edited under someone who is as much of a “Wolvie was right during Schism” fanboy like JDW.

I just know Kyle, Carey, Yost, Fraction, and Gillen are rolling in their....beds?
    Not Gillen. He also said he wrote Cyclops as wrong.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

A lot of you are either choosing to misrepresent what happened in the book or just have a misunderstanding of Cyclops after all these years.

Emma was right

People want to read about how the characters make peace-loving speeches. Cyclops didn't fit that concept (until now).

BANNED

The correct way for X-Men to fight oppression is by defeating genocidal maniacs through non-violent means.

Ultimate Member

Sounds like rather than try to integrate how Scott was before his death they just jumped back and had him choose a different path, just don't want him to play the victim or the savior of all mutants, somewhere in the middle is best...that he has no plans past taking out the X-men's enemies, like maybe he doesn't expect to live through it or something along those lines...also wonder how he and Alex will interact and if he'll get Alex out of jail because he's his brother or just because he needs him for the team...and sadly I could see him leaving Rachel to Ahab...

Brisson looked at Cyclops giving his ‘Milliion Mutant March’ and said: “ugh what a terrorist”

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Not Gillen. He also said he wrote Cyclops as wrong.
    Excuse me?

Reading this thread makes me so glad I stayed up at 2am to read this without any perceived notions from these discussion threads, because it's such a better read without seeing people already hating on the issue.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Brisson looked at Cyclops giving his ‘Milliion Mutant March’ and said: “ugh what a terrorist”

Excuse me?
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/10...d-write-x-men/

Not exactly like I remembered it and he put "bad guy" in quotations buuuuuut it was not going to be a great run for Emma.

Mighty Member

What terrorist actions did he commit?
    Not crawling out of the grave and talking Emma out of wearing that awful costume.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cyyyke View Post
    Ok, for people who think Cyclops was wrong, I sincerely ask: what would be right for him to do in those situations then?

I think he should’ve done nothing, so nothing would be his responsibility. He can follow other people’s lead, get through the hard times, keep hands clean and judge all he wants. Sounds really clever.
    Well, straight away there was throwing a bunch of kids out of the school and straight into a bomb immediately after M-Day simply because they were no longer [s]superior bein--[/s] mutants.

And really, that sums up "Edgy Cyclops". Most of his "hard choices" were ineffective at best or plain made things worse. And the rest was stuff he would have done anyway, but without being so much of a jerk.

Everyone saying "oh, he wasn't really a terrorist during Bendis' run, no matter what he was saying". Well, that makes him an INEFFECTIVE terrorist. Not a non-terrorist. (Oh, and the "million mutant march" was the Isolationist's big plan during PAD's X-Factor, because it put all the mutants nicely in one place to bomb into oblivion. See also: the 198 fiasco)
    Last edited by SanityOrMadness; 01-23-2019 at 09:09 AM.

What garbage. Marvel can continue to revel in its white moderate garbage that Dr. King already warned about in the mid-'60s.
    You, a month ago--

"The reason is likely that he wants to signal he regrets everything that happened since Morrison's run.

Basically, character regression"

Goddamn. Please share your clairvoyance perk. I didn't know the devs added stuff like that to the game already.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Not exactly like I remembered it and he put "bad guy" in quotations buuuuuut it was not going to be a great run for Emma.
    I never read this before, thanks for linking it. So in all honestly, x-men fan should be thankful Bendis got on the book before Gillen went through with those plans.

why don't we actually wait and see what happens next instead of crying over 1 issue? i'm just glad he's back

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Surprised nobody mentioned Cable leaving Paul's Address for Tavin to find.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I never read this before, thanks for linking it. So in all honestly, x-men fan should be thankful Bendis got on the book before Gillen went through with those plans.
    Wow. Agreed. Gillen's Run was one of my favorites, but this makes me thankful for term limits.

Ah. I remember this. Well....at least he used quotes?

Quote Originally Posted by SanityOrMadness View Post
    Well, straight away there was throwing a bunch of kids out of the school and straight into a bomb immediately after M-Day simply because they were no longer [s]superior bein--[/s] mutants.

And really, that sums up "Edgy Cyclops". Most of his "hard choices" were ineffective at best or plain made things worse. And the rest was stuff he would have done anyway, but without being so much of a jerk.
    1) That wasn’t Scott’s decision. It was ultimately Emma who didn’t want more lives to watch than necessary.

2) Of course they didn’t plan for the bus to get bombed. They were sending them back to their homes for their protection.