Page 18 of 53 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member StephenFoxMonster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Folks are just making fun of the epic IvX era fail and how the DoX retcon didn't make Storm look any better.

Pre-DoX: Storm lets mutants choke to death on Terrigen so she can hurt Scott's feeling and prove to everyone she's better than him.
    Post-DoX: Storm lets mutants choke to death on Terrigen because she couldn't handle social media jerks making Hitler memes or whatever, lol.
    So they wanted Storm to replace Emma in IvX? Hahahahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by StephenFoxMonster View Post
    So they wanted Storm to replace Emma in IvX? Hahahahaha.
    Considering Storm's plan in IvX was to let mutantkind be gassed to death...

Astonishing Member

You can't bring up actual facts in a thread devoted to an issue based on revisionism. Those blimps were full of Inhumans children and elderly.
    she destroyed like 3 zeppelins. if they were like the world war ones, it must be like 35-50 people

Incredible Member StephenFoxMonster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Magneto View Post
    Her track record speak for itself lol.
    Her track record has more successes than fails. Her leadership role has also seen more dark tales than any other leader. So... Yeah.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    she destroyed like 3 zeppelins. if they were like the world war ones, it must be like 35-50 people
    Hundreds! Thousands! MILLIONS! EVERYOOONNNEEE!!!!

BANNED

You can't bring up actual facts in a thread devoted to an issue based on revisionism. Those blimps were full of Inhumans children and elderly.
    No bodies, no funeral, no memorial service, or even an acknowledgement from Medusa that they had lost inhumans....they were empty! *tin foil hat*

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    No bodies, no funeral, no memorial service, or even an acknowledgement from Medusa that they had lost inhumans....they were empty! *tin foil hat*
    Diamond Fists can't melt steel beams?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Simple answer? Black woman. Please name one modern black female leader in current Marvel. Now name one that was successful. I'll wait.
    I think Ms. Marvel leads the Champions.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    All of which is 100% pure grade A horse manure, and the majority of people are calling it out for the crap that it is.
    why is it horse manure ?

Quote Originally Posted by StephenFoxMonster View Post
    Why are people acting like Storm hasn't led the X-Men successfully before?
    yea I wouldnt let this get to you. posters are upset that emma is continued to be shown as the villain she always has been and that cyclops admitted he was wrong. dont let their lashing lose sight of this; storm wasnt even in this issue or even referenced.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Storms leadership being undermined by Archangel, Cable and Xavier goes back decades. Yelled at by all 3 and then having Bishop walk in to say in the future Cyclops is the greatest X-Men leader
    this all happened under Scott lobdell he who admitted stated he didn't like storm as a character. what would u expect?

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    Only 4 people knew where his body was...so who buried him!?

i have no idea but u cant assume it was emma.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Scott's path would destroy himself and the x-men
    Okay, how? Please be as detailed as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    The scan you are referrinig to happened in DEATH OF X. Storm and Medusa called a truce after the big fight between Black Bolt and "Cyclops"

Fast foward a year in continuity and Emma manipulates the X-men into going to war with the Inhumans. Inhumans were killed being imprisoned in limbo. Emma went mad and used sentinels to slaughter a blimp filled with more Inhumans. Those were new crimes as she did not murder anyone in DoX. She emerged as a villian in IvX. You are confusing the two minis. DoX was a flashback tale that showed how Scott died. IvX was the war where hundreds if not thousands of Inhumans were directly killed by Emma. We did not get a scene after this with Storm mentioning talking to Medusa about letting Emma go. You are confusing the timeline of how things played out
    I think your confusing what i'm saying. The whole reason for I vs. X was that mutants where being killed and the earth was reaching a saturation point where mutants would die. When the little girl died in the tent Storm made the decision to go to war with the inhumans. That had absolutely nothing to do with Emma or the fact that cyclops was killed. I think your the one confusing the two because one was a flashback. Emma attacked the inhumans, yes. But it was for the same reason that Storm initally approached the inhumans over, because she was hurt over Scott being killed by black Bolt. Which did happen but just in a less direct way. storm did not declare war because of anything Emma did because Scott was in fact killed by black bolt and there was no war after his death. There wasn't a war until there was essentially no other choice but to destroy the cloud (Which was the only choice from the beginning in my opinion.) So you can skip back and forth all you want but it doesn't really change anything. Every action Emma took was because of what happened in Death of X and apparently Storm explained well to Medusa what Emma was going through.

and black bolt must have agreed because he apologized to Jean in X-men Red.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Extraordinary Member

First, Hitler Cyclops was a stupid idea because they didn't even show Emma's projection of him do anything that bad.

That being said, I do think Scott was going in a wrong direction. He was putting mutants above everyone else, he was making too many morally dubios decisions. He was isolating his side way too much.

Now, to be faie, part of Scott's problem was that, unlike Wolverine, he really didn't have that many outside connections. Unlike other X-Men, Scott was just accosiated with the X-Men. He wasn't an Avenger, he wasn't with the Fantastic Four or the original Champions. He was just rather isolated, which made his job harder because he couldn't trust other teams. And frabkly, the Avengers never really endeared themselves to him.

So my opinion is that Scott did have problems that he couldn't work through, he was making the situation worse. However, he was a victim of circumstance and his own personality as much as anything.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    why is it horse manure ?

yea I wouldnt let this get to you. posters are upset that emma is continued to be shown as the villain she always has been and that cyclops admitted he was wrong. dont let their lashing out get to u.

this all happened under Scott lobdell he who admitted stated he didn't like storm as a character. what would u expect?

i have no idea but u cant assume it was emma.
    X-tinction Agenda was Lobdell ? Neither was the first secret wars.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Funny what being reduced to 300 people and having literally every enemy you have attempt to kill you at once does to your priority list. But now they're admitting that Scott fighting back against them was wrong, and he was evil to do that. They should have just let the Purifiers crucify them all. That would have been the morally right decision.
    I've been as loud as anyone supporting Cyclops through that time, but I also balanced that out with criticizing Marvel for going that direction in the first place. I take Cyclops' speech (and even Cable's anger about IvX) to be more a commentary on the stories being told, not the characters actions themselves.

Move on, let it go. JDW, Brisson and Rosenberg are here to deliver us to the promised land.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    This was a well written issue. The solution to bring Scott back was smart, if not convoluted. Gomez's art is absolutely gorgeous. The interactions with Cable were particularly good. It's like he's channeling some of us.

The "OH MY GOD, I WAS BASICALLY SATAN!" comment at the end was ridiculous and deserving of all the bashing it got. Also, if something related to Scott in any way pleases his haters here, I'm forced to treat it as an absolute negative.

I think the coolest part is that it was a Cable plan that was carried through thanks to Jean. Scott was saved by his family, sans Rachel, Alex and Nate. That's very sweet.

But well, the X-Office already made clear their position that Scott has always been wrong and nuance be damned, which is terrible. I guess I'm ready for Scott to be groveling for Jean after July. I can already see Rosenberg making him say their marriage was built on a lie and he was never qorthy of her, so her fans will be happy.

Welcome back, Slim. Here's hoping for an overhaul of the X-Office or that one of the other better offices have a seat for you. And try not to die again.
    Thanks for this level-headed take. It's just like Marvel saw how excited we were for Scott's return and their response was: