Page 33 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast

Not much to add, 32 pgs deep. I liked it, but Kid Cable was punking Scott a little to much for me. Surprisingly, I kind of want to read Extermination now. I’m looking forward to seeing how Scott goes about putting his team together, and their reactions to his return.

#CyclopsWasStillRight
    Last edited by DIVINITY; 01-24-2019 at 12:17 AM.
    #MagnetoWasRight

So, I read the issue... Why the hell are some people saying he's obsessed with Jean? LOL. Just because he remembered what happened in PR and wanted to see her again? If that was the case he would have chosen to go to her and the X-Men instead of choosing the save the human guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    So, I read the issue... Why the hell are some people saying he's obsessed with Jean? LOL.
    I haven't seen much to that effect yet. I mean he definitely wanted to go see her ASAP, but that should be par for the course.

BANNED

I wonder how many times a version of this scenario is going to play out. first time it was both being presumed dead which led to their heartfelt meeting( with both giving off confusing signals) the second time Jean had returned from dead and he couldn't wait to see her, then her younger version came to the present and he was overwhelmed after seeing her younger again and now he has returned from being dead and can't wait to see her again. a few exceptions here and there with endsong and search for Cyclops notwithstanding wonder what the next scenario is going to be. perhaps both dying in each other's arms and being sent to Phoenix heaven and opening their eyes and wanting to see each other immediately ignoring the tweeting of the big fire bird in front of them.

I knew there had to be a reason this thread has so many pages lol. I just read it. If it wasn't for the speech at the end, and the casual running over Emma with a bus yet again, I'd say this was great, because the rest of it really was. As someone very much part of the #CyclopsWasRight crowd, it would have still been fine if Scott said that how he went about things was wrong or his actions didn't always match his intentions or something like that. But to have him say that he was no better than the people he had been fighting? Absolute nonsense. At no point was he the kind of person who would see a giant robot attacking a school full of humans and think "they can handle that on their own". He never stopped being that guy who would save lives.

I'm not surprised though. Just frustrated. Sigh.

So my question is as someone also mentioned earlier in this thread, does Cyclops still have the miniature Phoenix cage in his chest ?, if so can Magneto rip it out ?, will Jean sense it ?.
    This could lead to some interesting upcoming storylines.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Ok So I’m probably going to vet a bit of hate for what I’m gonna say here.... But... Cyclops WAS Wrong... To An Extent... Yes, Ge did what he had to to save his Race and Yes that was absolutely the Right Call, But when he did that Cyclops abandoned the Hope that Kid Cable talked about, He made the Right calls but it cost him everything it meant to be an X-Man because he gabe up on the Idea that the X-Men are meant to protect PEOPLE not just Mutants. Thats what Kid Cable’s Test was about, If this was the Cyclops that died, He’d have gone to save the X-Men and Mutantkind. But Scott chose to go save Paul, That was the Point. Cable wanted to restore Scott’s Focus to where it was before Mutants were on the Verge of Extinction. So in a way Cyclops admitting he was wrong (for abandoning the X-Men’s Mission to Protect ALL FORMS OF PEOPLE- Humans and Mutants) does make him right, He knows he has to fix that and he has to do it as an X-Man
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    So my question is as someone also mentioned earlier in this thread, does Cyclops still have the miniature Phoenix cage in his chest ?, if so can Magneto rip it out ?, will Jean sense it ?.
    This could lead to some interesting upcoming storylines.
    I don't think so, I think it's more that they used a part of the Phoenix to revive him, like how Jubilee recently got back to normal from being a vampire with the Phoenix shard that Quentin used on her.

Doing a second read:

-can Paul shut up about his wife and kid?
    -Bable/WiFi wouldn’t be so annoying if he wasn’t being positioned as always being right, despite the obvious hypocrisies
    -does this comic expect me to believe that revolutionary!scott wouldn't make the same decision to go save Paul?
    -when Gomez does the 60s-evoked art, it looks gorg
    -i can see if Scott was trying to say he may have been wrong about some of his decisions, but the comic doesn’t allow any nuance so he’s just wrong about everything. go figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    It's interesting to note that Storm, Kitty and Jean all turned into uncharacteristic pacifists when they took over leadership. Not sure if this is because they're all women or because the X-Office is full of Aaron Sorkin devotees. Or both.
    Both. But I’m noticing now, Jean’s whole attitude was that she was gonna rock your sh!t anywhere, anytime during Morrison’s run. Now, she teaches empathy to genocidal parasites. Kitty was apprehensive with the students, but still let them do what they wanted to do. Now, she doesn’t let them go on missions....until Disassembled where she made a very confusing point about letting the New X-Men hold off X-Man, because they were capable, that came off as her abandoning them which never got rectified or further thought out.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    you can blame lobdell for this. Claremont had her being ok with killing when necessary but when the 90s rolled around she became this character who despised killing.
    But even during Utopia and Schism (even though Ororo denounced X-Force), we saw a much more “radical” Storm who ultimately still supported what Scott was doing, even with all her doubts. I think that Storm would’ve been behind team “screw the Inhumans, burn the cloud.”

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post

But even during Utopia and Schism (even though Ororo denounced X-Force), we saw a much more “radical” Storm who ultimately still supported what Scott was doing, even with all her doubts. I think that Storm would’ve been behind team “screw the Inhumans, burn the cloud.”
    yeah, storm would be more pro-active and attack more. But I guess as a leader she put some brakes, maybe she saw that the Scott approach didn't worked that well before

How did Cable know about this Paul person whom was some random person that Scott saved as a teenager?

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    So, I read the issue... Why the hell are some people saying he's obsessed with Jean? LOL. Just because he remembered what happened in PR and wanted to see her again? If that was the case he would have chosen to go to her and the X-Men instead of choosing the save the human guy.
    The person that used the word obsessed hates Jean and was being overly dramatic. He mentioned wanting to go see Jean but that was after a week of being held up in that safe house
    Last edited by Havok83; 01-24-2019 at 06:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    yeah, storm would be more pro-active and attack more. But I guess as a leader she put some brakes, maybe she saw that the Scott approach didn't worked that well before

I liked Annual issue. it was fine.

Decision at the end was kinda ridiculous. Save human now so you can save mutants later or go die with mutants now.
    Cyke won`t be able to help in a fight with Legion/X-Man at all and would just die with others.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    It's not like i'm wrong, it was Cyclops that was wrong

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Doing a second read:

-can Paul shut up about his wife and kid?
    -Bable/WiFi wouldn’t be so annoying if he wasn’t being positioned as always being right, despite the obvious hypocrisies
    -does this comic expect me to believe that revolutionary!scott wouldn't make the same decision to go save Paul?
    -when Gomez does the 60s-evoked art, it looks gorg
    -i can see if Scott was trying to say he may have been wrong about some of his decisions, but the comic doesn’t allow any nuance so he’s just wrong about everything. go figure.
    I think Paul hammering the point about his family was because they wanted to showcase the whole fatherhood theme going, between him and his family, and Scott and Cable. Also, yes, BendisClops would go save Paul without blinking, since he would probably trust the others to have it under control.

Both. But I’m noticing now, Jean’s whole attitude was that she was gonna rock your sh!t anywhere, anytime during Morrison’s run. Now, she teaches empathy to genocidal parasites. Kitty was apprehensive with the students, but still let them do what they wanted to do. Now, she doesn’t let them go on missions....until Disassembled where she made a very confusing point about letting the New X-Men hold off X-Man, because they were capable, that came off as her abandoning them which never got rectified or further thought out.
    Because Marvel is stupid enough to think that good writing for female characters is showing them as unbeatable, perfect angels. It's like they're trying to overcompensate for the poor female portrayal in past years, but in cases like Jean, Kitty and Storm, it just comes off as artificial.

Yeah, but back then she could just throw the blame on Scott for whatever, like she did with X-Force and Logan rubbed on her face, while sipping wakandan margaritas. When she became the de facto leader, she cared way too much about her image and even threw Scott under the bus in front of the press, so different contexts.