Page 25 of 53 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member StephenFoxMonster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Storm also saw thousands dying and did not push back.
    The pushback was her siding with Emma to destroy the cloud.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    ALso double standard. If Scott attempting to bring in the Phoenix to keep his species alive is wrong, then Medusa keeping the Mists around is also wrong.
    Mutants didn't release or prayed the PF to come to earth.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I definitely respect and appreciate you candid honesty on the situation. the only reason i bring it up is because i feel Charles Soule failed the inhumans. I actually like the inhumans because my first introduction into the marvel universe was via the fantastic four. If Soule made sure he did a back up story or at least an arc or something showing the inhuman desperation to save mutants we would be having a different discussion. On the one end all we got in the X-titles was this cloud is killing us and at the exact same time this was all happening the inhumans seemed to not care. All he had to do was dedicate a few pages per issue to a task force medusa set up trying to actually help mutants and that would have made a world of difference. Instead a cloud that was supposedly sacred to them was barely even mentioned in their own book, he didn't even try to show it's importance the culture around it, anything. The only story arc i can think about is when that inhuman who could control earth found his family and though some of their vilage died because of the cloud they were devout believers in it. Honestly i don't think the inhumans had to come of this looking bad at all if he wasn't so focused on world building only. The difference with the FF fighting doctor doom is that could have been an event that occured within a manner of minutes or hours while others were doing something else. But the inhumans worshipped this cloud as though it was a god and if it was so important to their culture and who they were it should have been shown during this world building process but it really wasn't.
    I agree. And I would have loved to see that too. I think it didn't happen because it was probably a Marvel mandate. "Make the Inhumans cool!" They were trying to build a brand that not a lot of people were invested in and it wasn't a sure thing that people who liked the Inhumans would buy the events. So by dedicating panel space to what would have been necessary or good to see, in Marvel's eyes, was taking away space for cool shots of Inhumans in action. I have no proof that this is what happened, but from a business perspective, that is what I would have done. You don't want to try and get people invested in something new by thrusting easter eggs or information in there that is tied to an event. The Marvel office knows that loyal X-Men fans will stick with the merrry mutants through any and everything, the same can't be said for the Inhumans.

Quote Originally Posted by StephenFoxMonster View Post
    The pushback was her siding with Emma to destroy the cloud.
    Yes and we just had 8 months of thousands of dead mutants. So it took 8 months of Medusa avoiding storms phone calls and thousands of dead mutants and the Earth becoming uninhabitable before any push back

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    Mutants didn't release or prayed the PF to come to earth.
    That was Wanda who is not a mutant anymore. Wanda summoned it

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    I'll save you the time asking JDW what's up, and just suggest you come up with some fun story to explain it. Comics!
    Yes, it is comics.

Gaffes and slip ups happen. They always have. I just re-read a '60s-era Amazing Spider-Man issue where there's a bungled line of dialogue where Aunt May is supposed to be referenced but instead it's Anna Watson's name that gets said. What's worse is that it's Anna Watson who's speaking, so she's talking about herself in the third person while she's supposed to be talking about May. It's a clear editorial mistake that went unnoticed by, I'm sure, a fair number of trained eyes before going to press. Oops.

Comic books are made by people. People sometimes don't catch every detail. Usually because they're focusing on other details. So, yes, comics do occasionally show their imperfections. You can be juvenile and harp on these flubs or just accept that, hey, things happen. There's a shot in Lord of the Rings where, in the background, a modern highway with cars driving past can be spotted. I'm sure no one involved in making that movie was happy that mistake was not caught and survived into the final film. But does it ruin the movie or say that the people who worked it it were sloppy or unobservant? No. It's a human error. They happen.

And before anyone says about comic editors "but it's their job to catch things like this!" Yes, sure. That is a part of their job, on top of their other responsibilities. But if there's anyone in any occupation who has never, ever, ever fouled up - even in a minor way - at doing whatever task was assigned to them, I'd like to know.

Having two Storms in one panel here is clearly a goof up but it's far from the end of the world. It's nothing to make any kind of big deal over and it doesn't detract from the issue itself.

As for the issue, it was obviously largely about filling in gaps and making continuity line up. As such, it got the job done in about as smooth and entertaining fashion as one could hope. I'm happy to see Cyke back in action and looking forward to where Rosenberg is going with him in Uncanny.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Is it possible that Jean being around would've given us the same broad strokes (AXM, HoM, Decimation, Messiah Trilogy, Schism, AvX) while allowing the X-Men and Cyclops to remain "heroic" (as if they weren't)? Sure, but it's just as likely that Jott's marriage would've been dissolved by those events, with Jean leading the opposition to Scott and his team.
    Nah. Things would've played out similarly with Jean up until "Greys' End" (when the Shi'ar wiped out her whole family) and "Deadly Genesis". Then, things would've diverged as it would've been Scott and Jean going into space after Vulcan instead of Alex and Lorna. At minimum, Jean would've wanted to have a word or two with Lilandra. At maximum, it would have been roaring rampage of revenge time.

The question is who would've taken over Scott's role back on Earth. Would Utopia still have happened? AvX?

Quote Originally Posted by Keyotheseasons View Post
    I totally understand where fans are coming from when they see the Inhumans as the villains of the story. I get it. I truly do. I just don't like how black and white the issue is seen by some on both sides. Yes, the argument can be made that all the Inhumans would have lost is something that gives them powers, but for all intent and purposes, within the context of the Marvel universe that is what makes them their race. And people will often say, Cyclops, Emma, Magneto, insert mutant name here, was just doing what was necessary to ensure their race would continue.

In a scenario where mutants were forced to let people die or even kill people to ensure that mutantkind would continue, would that be viewed as genocide and murder or would it be justified as protecting what is left of mutants? Does that make any sense? It's late where I live and I'm not sure if I can still create cohesive thoughts. Haha.
    Your doing a great job and your right. Objectively i can truly see that which is why i picked up their books after the event occured but in the context of the story Soule failed to portray that. And i do feel bad that the inhumans were hurt in such a harsh way because a writer took for granted what was proably told behind the scenes without thinking of how to actually make it work in front of the scenes on paper. If the inhuman books had occurred without the terrigen happening at the same time they would have been good books and perhaps the inhumans would be much more than they are now but that didn't happen. I don't blame inhuman fans at all, it lands on the feet of writers and editors.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

All this talk about who buried him?It was Emma.Emma gave him a proper burial,not jean,not X-men.

This is the grave site that jean visited.
    It's kind of hilarious she didn't even known where the real body was.
    Attachment 77487
    Wait what the heck? THat wasn't the grave in the Annual. The heck is going on here?
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

I just want to say thank you to everyone for having civil discussions with me and the understanding that has come my way. I think this is what comic fandom should be about. Talking with people, who have the same or similar, interests and just being able to verbally "duke it out" without stepping on each other's toes.

I will end my daily forum routine by saying I am glad Scott is back and I hope past events can be left in the past and that hopefully 2019 will be a good year for comics, X-Men and Inhuman alike.

BANNED

All this talk about who buried him?It was Emma.Emma gave him a proper burial,not jean,not X-men.

This is the grave site that jean visited.
    It's kind of hilarious she didn't even known where the real body was.
    Attachment 77487
    Wait what the heck? THat wasn't the grave in the Annual. The heck is going on here?
    It means Emma gave him a proper burial in Muir Island.Which jean didn't bother to visit.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Simple answer? Black woman. Please name one modern black female leader in current Marvel. Now name one that was successful. I'll wait.
    Shuri. Easy answer.

Unfortunately it did detract from the issue because speaking for myself it took me out of the story. I literally stopped on that page and was like why are their two storm's and then spent time looking to see if there were any other duplicates on the page which means i was effectively taken out of the story.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Keyotheseasons View Post
    I totally understand where fans are coming from when they see the Inhumans as the villains of the story. I get it. I truly do. I just don't like how black and white the issue is seen by some on both sides. Yes, the argument can be made that all the Inhumans would have lost is something that gives them powers, but for all intent and purposes, within the context of the Marvel universe that is what makes them their race. And people will often say, Cyclops, Emma, Magneto, insert mutant name here, was just doing what was necessary to ensure their race would continue.

In a scenario where mutants were forced to let people die or even kill people to ensure that mutantkind would continue, would that be viewed as genocide and murder or would it be justified as protecting what is left of mutants? Does that make any sense? It's late where I live and I'm not sure if I can still create cohesive thoughts. Haha.
    I see where you're coming from, but I can't think of an instance where the X-Men allowed innocents to pay the price for their proliferation - and unfortunately, that's what Marvel had the Inhumans do in the Terrigen Crisis narrative. If the X-Men, I would denounce it same as you are doing with this, and I appreciate that.

Mighty Member

Art errors + continuity gaffe.