Page 6 of 53 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by godlike13 View Post
    i could have really done with out that last speech. Who exactly are they trying to appease with that.
    jdw?!?!?!?

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    He didnt need to admit he was wrong. He could have said something to the effect that he wish he hadnt done the things he did but they were necesary for the time and the circumstances. He could have ended vowing to strive to do better going forward.
    I'd have been ok with that. I'd rather have Scott saying something more the lines of I had to do what I had to do, but that's in the past now. The speech on the last page was ludicrous

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Can't have a redemption arc without something to redeem for.

It also resolves any ambiguity with what editorial seemed to have wanted and what readers actually took away from everything since M day probably. Sometimes just coming out and saying it works a lot better. Now we can move past it.
    Thats the thing; many dont feel Scott needs redeeming.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Can't have a redemption arc without something to redeem for.

It also resolves any ambiguity with what editorial seemed to have wanted and what readers actually took away from everything since M day probably. Sometimes just coming out and saying it works a lot better. Now we can move past it.
    His redemption was the mutant march in Uncanny #600.

Better than I expected.

The way they brought Scott back to life was well explained and I did not notice any roles in the story on this subject. It's funny how Kid Cable helps Scott get back to life and at the same time condemns his older version for not doing his job in keeping the timeline correct like a child.Obviously he does not like Emma very much for obvious reasons that are not limited to IvX .

It was a good issue though I'm on the side of those who did not like the ending with Scott saying he was wrong .

If saving the mutant species of extinction, saving humans or destroying a toxic cloud makes you a villain or Hitler then I wish all bad guys would be like that .

The truth is that Xavier's dream is nowhere near to come true. Despite all the sacrifices of the X-mens they remain in the same circle of hatred where they are hunted and hated with their children being killed and no one cares not even the Avengers.

Even now after speeches at the UN, saving the world and moving the school to a park humankind celebrates the end of the X-men and distributed a cure for the supposed illness they represent and there is no longer a sanctuary for mutants.

All that remains is the fight for survival as always so Cyclops was right and the world needs people like him to make the hard choices.

But I know that not everyone agrees and I also know that this does not mean a return of Scout Cyclops quite the opposite.

Anyway welcome back Cyclops wish you had rested for more time but the world and the mutants need you again.

rank 8 of 10.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

well that moment doesn't have to be for them, just ignore and keep reading the rest of his return. There was no easy way to bring him back without addressing the elephant in the room with his past actions.

You can write a character to essentially say "maybe I/we should have done XXX better, let's improve going forward" without dumping on and miscontruing years of publication history. We know that, because we saw Marvel do that exact thing less than two years ago, very effectively.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Nevets View Post
    I liked it...and I like that they admitted Cyclops has been a villain in recent years.
    Wrong he was not only a villain he is bad as Hitler according to marvel .

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    A lot of you are either choosing to misrepresent what happened in the book or just have a misunderstanding of Cyclops after all these years.
    Must be Wednesday on CBR forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    The correct way for X-Men to fight oppression is by defeating genocidal maniacs through non-violent means.
    Woke-Men

Meh, I’m just gonna blame Tyke’s memories for that misguided bullshit of a speech. Mutants were on the verge of extinction, it didn’t just look like it, and survival is a basic right ever species has. He shouldn’t apologize for not rolling over and letting it happen because it would be easier for humans and inhumans. That was just a dumb speech, trying to fit in with the Cyclops was bad agenda Marvel wants to force even though who gives a **** anymore. They need to let it go. People didn’t buy into then, they’re not gonna buy into now. X-Men don’t need more protected leaders that are let off the hook of not having to make no win choices. They already have Storm, Kitty, and Jean for that.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 01-23-2019 at 11:38 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    His redemption was the mutant march in Uncanny #600.
    The X-books as a whole need redeeming. Cyclops needs redeeming in the eyes of the (Marvel universe) public. The X-office needs redemption for screwing up this whole arc from M day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    You can write a character to essentially say "maybe I/we should have done XXX better, let's improve going forward" without dumping on and miscontruing years of publication history. We know that, because we saw Marvel do that exact thing less than two years ago, very effectively.
    I actually prefer this to whatever resolution they have done with the numerous civil wars that have had Avengers killing each other and being fine with it. It is also way better than the way Scarlet Witch was redeemed. It is a man and his son having a heartfelt moment based on reflection of what has been lost.

"Comics journalism"? Filthy Mutie's Avatar

Mainly, I'm glad they wrapped it in a single issue instead of dragging it out like Jean Grey and Wolverine, or like 'Disassembled.'

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Why does anyone need redeeming when you can just say "it's Doc Ock's fault", "my clone borrowed my credit card" or "a cosmic cube made me do it"?

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    well that moment doesn't have to be for them, just ignore and keep reading the rest of his return. There was no easy way to bring him back without addressing the elephant in the room with his past actions.
    what did he do that was so wrong? Outside of maybe forming X-Force and the Dark Phoenix actions (which he shouldnt be held accountable for), what about his past actions were so wrong that he needs redemption for?

Incredible Member bladeofdarkness's Avatar

So... Did anyone else notice that on the splash page of the fight between the X-men and X-man, there's two storms ?
    There's the Horsemen Storm on one side and the normal Storm on the other.

How do you MISS that ?