Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Amazing Member

Default I don’t like that Batman is a ninja. I can’t see vintage comic on it only Anim?

One thing I don’t like about the dark knight is him being a Ninja - I love ninja movies (American Ninja)
    I see in 1992 it was still Anim concept not a comic book concept?
    I think his fighting should of been kept as simply his fighting skills as it adds a more mythical side to him .

Being a ninja now it puts him more in a real life context to much,
    Is there actually a vintage comic that says his a ninja? - if not I think it’s a mistake to add to much of a normal everyday human outlook on his fighting skills. Does anyone agree?

BANNED

Batman isn't a ninja. he is a fencer like his idol Zorro and a wrestler like his teenage super powered spider version with a dash of the shadow boxer and a touch of manhunter plus a healthy dose of detective with the trimmings of a mixed marital arts fighter added to the mixture.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    Batman isn't a ninja. he is a fencer like his idol Zorro and a wrestler like his teenage super powered spider version with a dash of the shadow boxer and a touch of manhunter plus a healthy dose of detective with the trimmings of a mixed marital arts fighter added to the mixture.
    I just googled Batman and Zorro. That brave and the bold comic looks cool as I might see if I can buy it.
    And so it was a mistake then in Batman begins to have him training Ninja?

Boy are you gonna hate the movie Batman Ninja.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by babybats View Post
    Boy are you gonna hate the movie Batman Ninja.
    Yeah what I was looking for was a vintage Batman ninja comic - if there was one I would accept the ninja concept.
    Yes that movie came up In google search - I shall avoid.

Amazing Member

Yeah what I don’t like is that it makes it plausible- You become a billionaire then buy build and hire someone to make the gadgets and equipment then train to be a ninja. I like theoneandonlys description multiple events transpired for him to have these amazing fighting abilities- I think his ability of flight needs to be taken into account to. He is beyond ninja.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Batmanquestion View Post
    Yeah what I was looking for was a vintage Batman ninja comic - if there was one I would accept the ninja concept.
    Yes that movie came up In google search - I shall avoid.
    Well there is this one

315921._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg

"The Elseworlds Annuals, the DC Universe's journey into remote realms of possibility, continue in 19th century Japan, where Robin is a young ninja who must fight to protect his daimyo's life from the cult of assassins that killed his mentor."

Quote Originally Posted by Batmanquestion View Post
    I just googled Batman and Zorro. That brave and the bold comic looks cool as I might see if I can buy it.
    And so it was a mistake then in Batman begins to have him training Ninja?
    In the later comics he does have martial arts training with the league. Don't think he is an actual Ninja. Not sure.

I like him doing the silent vanish and having the martial skills. Plus ninja's are stealth so it seems a fitting skill for him to have.
    Last edited by dietrich; 01-23-2019 at 09:55 AM.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Well there is this one

315921._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg

"The Elseworlds Annuals, the DC Universe's journey into remote realms of possibility, continue in 19th century Japan, where Robin is a young ninja who must fight to protect his daimyo's life from the cult of assassins that killed his mentor."
    Thanks Restingvoice,
    The ninja concept seems to come around when he’s in japan settings doesn’t it?. Well Ninjas are kewl and I guess we can be thankful they didn’t choose karate.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    In the later comics he does have martial arts training with the league. Don't think he is an actual Ninja. Not sure.

I like him doing the silent vanish and having the martial skills. Plus ninja's are stealth so it seems a fitting skill for him to have.
    If they avoided the fact he was trained at all. He simply is fighting his mythical Batman style.
    I like the Idea of that, but yeah ninjas are kewl and stealth it does fit your right.
    Last edited by Batmanquestion; 01-23-2019 at 10:17 AM.

He's not a ninja exactly, but he is very ninja-like and has some actual ninja training. I like the ninja thing, it adds an extra facet to the awesome that is Batman - wealthy ninja detective race car driver jet pilot globe trotting city dwelling urban survivalist gadget using superhero. And that's all just off the top of my head. Like if Sherlock Holmes, James Bond, Zorro, a ninja, Evel Kneivel (sp), and some other neat concepts all had a kid, you'd get Batman. Ninja is just the most recent addition to that crazy, impossible mix, kind of like how the James Bond elements got added around the time Ras al Ghul showed up. Give it another decade or so and we might be discussing some other addition to the mix.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I think the ninja idea came from Batman using the night and shadow to stalk his target, appearing and disappearing without everyone knowing, using smoke pellets and martial arts, and being good at wearing a disguise.

So like the others said, originally the idea came from Zorro, and while he appears suddenly he often fights his enemies head-on, but once they began to put emphasis on his use of the darkness and stealth approach, they began to associate him with a ninja.

Batman is a ninja the same way the Ninja Turtles, the Power Rangers and Naruto are ninjas. In that they have very little in common with how ninja actually operate.

Amazing Member

It’s good that he has the skill to fly so well - it cancels out the human ninja effect a bit. As a person who is a ninja would have great difficulty flying like Batman does.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Batman is a ninja the same way the Ninja Turtles, the Power Rangers and Naruto are ninjas. In that they have very little in common with how ninja actually operate.
    Eh... Batman's closer since he's actually skilled in all the component disciplines of ninjutsu.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)