Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    Eh... Batman's closer since he's actually skilled in all the component disciplines of ninjutsu.
    Which brings up the question of which style he tends to prefer the use of.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    Eh... Batman's closer since he's actually skilled in all the component disciplines of ninjutsu.
    But that’s only recently and isn’t formed from a full spectrum comic sense except for 1 pointed out. 1 comic about ninja.
    Isn’t there a question to be had of evolving a character just for the an animated movie , that decided it to be so? That’s not evolving from a historical comic perspective nor classical tv series of “Bang” “pow”. Not “heeya” “chop”. Ninjas are awesome , but it does seem more like a bandwagon than an evolving character.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    Which brings up the question of which style he tends to prefer the use of.
    Well that’s another thing originally it seemed evolved from zorro from suggested and fencing- there is no fencing in ninjitsu- that’s like kendo or samurai thing. That’s what I’m saying wo hold up here a second . Is this evolving the character- or should we be accepting a ninjitsu bandwagon created for an animation ideal?

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    Batman isn't a ninja. he is a fencer like his idol Zorro
    Except Zorro ("his Idol") wasn't just a fencer as you say. Zorro had and was known for incredible cunning, stealth skills too, used, darkens, stealth, fear, superstition, all as his weapons.

1919-1920 first movie descriptions of Zorro, which influenced Kane and Finger:

As well as irregular warfare against his enemies, plus the arsenal of classic physical weapons, around his belt.
    Sword, throwing daggers, whip for attack, climbing, swinging, as well as explosives, and black powder pistolas.
    Does that mke him a ninja no, but pretty damn close to the Pirate/Western equivalent.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Batmanquestion View Post
    IHe simply is fighting his mythical Batman style.
    I like the Idea of that, but yeah ninjas are kewl and stealth it does fit your right.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    I think the ninja idea came from Batman using the night and shadow to stalk his target, appearing and disappearing without everyone knowing, using smoke pellets and martial arts, and being good at wearing a disguise.

So like the others said, originally the idea came from Zorro, and while he appears suddenly he often fights his enemies head-on, ...
    I like him doing the silent vanish and having the martial skills. Plus ninja's are stealth so it seems a fitting skill for him to have.
    Absolutely!

As well both took the identities of small, dark, cunning, nocturnal survival animals, as their power totem/symbol.
    Last edited by Güicho; 05-23-2021 at 05:36 PM.

One thing I don’t like about the dark knight is him being a Ninja - I love ninja movies (American Ninja)
    I see in 1992 it was still Anim concept not a comic book concept?
    I think his fighting should of been kept as simply his fighting skills as it adds a more mythical side to him .

Being a ninja now it puts him more in a real life context to much,
    Is there actually a vintage comic that says his a ninja? - if not I think it’s a mistake to add to much of a normal everyday human outlook on his fighting skills. Does anyone agree?
    So, I take it you didn't like this?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    Except Zorro ("his Idol") wasn't just a fencer as you say. Zorro had and was known for incredible cunning, stealth skills too, used, darkens, stealth, fear, superstition, all as his weapons.
    As well as irregular warfare against his enemies, plus the arsenal of classic physical weapons, around his belt.
    Sword, throwing daggers, whip for attack, climbing, swinging, as well as explosives, and black powder pistolas.

1919-1920 first movie descriptions of Zorro, which influenced Kane and Finger:

Absolutely!

As well both took the identities of small, dark, cunning, nocturnal survival animals, as their power totem/symbol.
    sure he can do all those things you say but the main thing he is known for his fencing which is the core of his character and describes him in a nutshell.

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    sure he can do all those things you say but the main thing he is known for his fencing which is the core of his character and describes him in a nutshell.
    Fencing and "The Mark" are a huge part of it, the most iconic, although if you read the actual McCulley pulps, yeah he leaves his sword "mark" that's one aspect, he even has a villain who's face he horribly scarred who blames, and pursues him. Yet he's also known for his cunning, speed, slight of hand, stealth, trick with the whip, knives, accuracy with his pistol, he has secret tunnels throughout, and of course his fastest in the land, sleek black mode of transportation.
    The sword was only one aspect of his skill and arsenal.

I see in 1992 it was still Anim concept not a comic book concept?
    Well before 1992 American comics were already full of ninjas.
    Last edited by Güicho; 08-07-2020 at 11:43 AM.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    So, I take it you didn't like this?

Yeah, I don’t like it. It even looks off and feels off - I looked at the Batman and zorro comics. The brave and the bold looks and feels right to me , and way more awesome than an animated ideal of him being a ninja. The ninja training in the dark knight feels awkward too while watching it I skip it. I’m going with the oneandonlys evolving training from zorro.

Amazing Member

.batman-zorro

I remember once in the 90s cartoon he had some training but I don't it was exactly ninja training.

Ninjas are kewl and I guess we can be thankful they didn’t choose karate.
    At the time the go to was Jiu Jiitsu (Jujutsu)

Last edited by Güicho; 01-25-2019 at 07:45 PM.

LOL it'l never stop...

Ninjas are kewl and I guess we can be thankful they didn’t choose karate.
    LOL see above...

That's ^ actually pretty cool, with Cain as Black Bat!
    Last edited by Güicho; 03-23-2019 at 06:52 PM.

I just googled Batman and Zorro. That brave and the bold comic looks cool as I might see if I can buy it.
    Uh, are you referring to this issue?

If so, good luck finding it.

As far I'm aware, it doesn't really exist (except in somebody's dreams).

SEE: https://braveandboldlost.blogspot.co...and-zorro.html

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Uh, are you referring to this issue?

If so, good luck finding it.

As far I'm aware, it doesn't really exist (except in somebody's dreams).

SEE: https://braveandboldlost.blogspot.co...and-zorro.html
    Oh , okay yeah thanks . I did try to find and buy it on eBay ect. I figured it might have been a limited edition, or rare. I never figured it wasn’t real. What a shame. Thanks for that