Fantastic Member

Default Red Lanterns Annual #1 Preview

Its the first annual for Red Lanterns! Picking up where the last issue left off, its time for the big fight between Guy and his crew vs Atrocitus and his army.

“Atrocities” cranks the action up to eleven! Guy Gardner fought hard to get Space Sector 2814 – including Earth – under Red Lantern protection. So of course Atrocitus has chosen Guy’s homeworld as the arena for their murderous final battle! Red Lanterns will die! Traitors will emerge (and maybe die)! Rivers will run red! It’s the first-ever RED LANTERNS ANNUAL, and it’s absolutely unmissable!
    Preview

I have to assume that with all that destruction in the preview that at least we'll see Simon Baz in action since he's the Green Lantern in charge of Earth.

....Dayum!

This is a great issue. Red Lantern Corps was kind of dragging some during the Supergirl crossover, but it paid off big time.

Best line of the whole book though:
    Guy:...I'm not here to fight you, I don’t have the time.
    Batman: Wouldn't take long, About one punch I'd say
    Guy: Not in this universe pal.

All-New Member

Great issue, kinda wish the story would conclude in the annual, but that's ok. the supergirl crossover was good.

Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Issue of the week, easily. So much happened, both serious and (as previously mentioned) amusing. It had the extra page count (from a normal issue) and used every bit of it. Looking forward to next months issue!

Quote Originally Posted by Art School Dropout View Post
    The reference to the old JLI was just too amazing