Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Wonder Woman vs. Jane Thor

Post Crisis & 616.

No "mother storm" allowed to be unleashed. Everything else is fine.

Diana gets her sword and shield in addition to standard gear.

Equal speed. Arena.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

With equal speed, I think Jane takes it. She was able to put the thing onto a quite functional auto-pilot "hit stuff for me" mode and that's a lot coupled with her firing ranged attacks too.

She doesn't want to close to melee because of the sword, but she should be able to win it at range.

Ultimate Member

I have to go with Jane here.

She was written as the best, smartest,strongest and maybe fastest Thor in modern times. She threw down equally with Gladiator and even when toe to toe with Odin, punching him across planets (although, that has to be filed under PIS) and she was tearing apart an adamantium/vibranium door.

I was pretty sure Gladiator ended up winning that fight.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Mighty Member

Jane is a bit weird, if we just use her High end feats + with equalized speed should she win.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    I was pretty sure Gladiator ended up winning that fight.
    Only after she took heat vision in the back from Kid Gladiator.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

A thing to note? Wonder Woman was worthy to lift the hammer once. Wouldn't consider it impossible she may be able to take the hammer from her.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    A thing to note? Wonder Woman was worthy to lift the hammer once. Wouldn't consider it impossible she may be able to take the hammer from her.
    Intercompany crossovers are taken to be non-canon.

Unless otherwise specified by the OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Only after she took heat vision in the back from Kid Gladiator.
    She was standing upright when the physically overpowered thing happened. By that reasoning otherwise Gladiator himself was less than farm fresh from his battle with Heimdall. I wouldn't say it's the cleanest win in the world, but on a level of physical strength, that fight had her come off as weaker.
    Last edited by Pendaran; 01-25-2019 at 05:43 AM.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Intercompany crossovers are taken to be non-canon.

Unless otherwise specified by the OP.
    True, but I gotta say if anyone was gonna be worthy it would he Diana. But I don't think it matters here. The Mother Storm probably isn't going to abandon Jane mid battle, especially not since it should technically be bloodlusted too.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    She was standing upright when the physically overpowered thing happened. By that reasoning otherwise Gladiator himself was less than farm fresh from his battle with Heimdall. I wouldn't say it's the cleanest win in the world, but on a level of physical strength, that fight had her come off as weaker.
    Well, true.

Just that it wasn't the cleanest of wins.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    True, but I gotta say if anyone was gonna be worthy it would he Diana. But I don't think it matters here. The Mother Storm probably isn't going to abandon Jane mid battle, especially not since it should technically be bloodlusted too.
    OP said no Mother Storm here.

(Seriously though, what was Jason Aaron thinking with all the Mother Storm stuff, it's like he needed to retrofit everything to fit Jane Foster as Thor).

My thoughts on Jane Thor and Mother Storm: Its all SJW bull. No strong and independent women are great. Hell my Waugh’s are not damsels in distress but the ones who kick ass.

No, what I am saying is the writer did a total recharge to make Mjollber work.

Instead of forged and blessings from Odin ( who is a guy)

Instead they use “ Bottled up Mother Storm” and by that Odin is a male jack ass who cannot lift his own forged hammer because he made a “female” energy whatever and forced it into hammer to make it special.

My God Man the only thing I read Marvel anymore is Immortal Hulk.

There's really nothing wrong with the idea of Jane Thor (I'd have preferred it turned out to be Sif, who doesn't really get enough focus or good writing, but eh). A variety of different people have wielded Mjolnir over the years as a stand in for Thor, from Dargo in the future, to Beta Ray Bill, to Eric Masterson, why not a woman?

It's mostly just that it was twinned into rewriting Odin as a caricature and Thor himself as a rolling wall of doofus-y failures as far as the bad taste of it. It's not unique to female characters that a writer can't think of a way to make their character look good, without making everyone else around them look bad. Happens with male characters all the time. Take, say, Red Hulk, for instance, during the full Loeb era. Or Batman when he's written just terribly as far as the rest of the League having to be incompetent dolts to make him look good, or etc.
    Last edited by Pendaran; 01-25-2019 at 05:44 PM.

I didn't mind the /idea/ of Jane Thor. Like Pen said, it was more the handling of Thor's world building and presentation I had issues with.

Btw, any of you all read the comic where Thor can't handle the cold? So She Hulk needs to cuddle him for warmth? Lol. Poor Thor
    - big_adventure