Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    I also dunno how well that'd work, on the whole, given he generally treats time like a joke.

As far as the Guardians go, that's pretty good specifically the Anti-Monitor feat ... but compared to what was mentioned before, that itself seems off ?

Also, heh. Kilowag. Too many wags.
    Look, even if you just take the Guardians walzting through black holes, that's still basically even with Surfer's best stuff, and Mogo still dropped Ganthet. To quote Pen, C is for cookie, that's good enough for Norrin.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Yes.

...Was a Rhetorical question, oy vey.

If you're assuming he's in character, Norrin is a pacifist who has no need to seek out a fight in the first place and therefore probably wouldn't. If he has to fight eventually, he might as well do it when Galactus is there and victory is assured.

If you're assuming he's under rumbles bloodlust as default, that means he's less "wolverine in berserk mode" and more "I'm going to act in the most efficient way possible to win." In which case, see above.

Um bloodlust means a desire to kill/fight, my dude. So if bloodlusted, then yes, he's most certainly fighting.

Actually, post crisis Kyle alone has the moxy to last a bit with Surfer when you remove the factor of Surfer's speed. (See here for an extended discussion about this.) In this scenario, Kyle is backed up by a bunch of other top tier Lanterns and actually have a way to slow Surfer down with the AoE gravity tricks Mogo can pull. Surfer MIGHT still be able to win by blitzing them fast enough, but I can't really see why he would bother trying in or out of character.

I mean, if this was a comic, what would actually happen is Surfer would fight with some Lanterns for a bit, and eventually they would all team up to fight some other threat that was pulling the strings the whole time and come up with a different way to feed Galactus. That's why we don't treat these as comic books.
    So there's no conceiveable way, from what you're telling me that the combined efforts of the GL's couldn't locate SS? I'm pro-SS here and I'd have a hard time buying the idea that it's impossible for the GL's to find him, and if they do find him, they're gonna....wait for it..... fight. Which according to you SS would not do either IC or OOC, and I disagree.

Look, even if you just take the Guardians walzting through black holes, that's still basically even with Surfer's best stuff, and Mogo still dropped Ganthet. To quote Pen, C is for cookie, that's good enough for Norrin.
    Eh, true enough.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by seaturkey View Post
    So there's no conceiveable way, from what you're telling me that the combined efforts of the GL's couldn't locate SS? I'm pro-SS here and I'd have a hard time buying the idea that it's impossible for the GL's to find him, and if they do find him, they're gonna....wait for it..... fight. Which according to you SS would not do either IC or OOC, and I disagree.
    I didn't say they couldn't find him. I was very explicit. I said they couldn't catch him. If the GLs can find Surfer, there's no doubt in my mind he can find them with his cosmic awareness, and then use his massively faster than light speed to zip to the other side of the solar system.

Catching the guy would require what is essentially a solar system sized net construct. Which is... a tall order. especially with the power to stop Surfer from breaking through it.

Edit: And if it does come down to a fight, I think the GLC would win, largely thanks to Mogo. So I guess we just disagree on every possible front.
    Last edited by Captain Morgan; 01-24-2019 at 12:49 PM.

Eh, what's to stop the Surfer from pulling a Hancock on the Lanterns, if a fight does break out ?
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

So, the OP comes up with a comic book scenario using comic book characters and instead of playing out/imaging the scenario as it would unfold in a comic book,
    You sure post in a place you hold in absolute contempt for how it functions a lot.

Um, Bullshit.
    You sure post in a place you hold in absolute contempt for how it functions a lot.

But since we're suddenly talking mod rules, tell me this: Why does the 'mod rulings' thread state that deathstroke hitting flash/speedsters is always PIS (despite it happening repeatedly over the years) but Val Armor's showings of his battling Kryptonian-level opponents isn't PIS cause 'he done it repeatedly over the years'? Double-standard much?
    One of these people is a guy who can dodge/negate instant death effects being channeled into him via the speed force, the other is Deathstroke.

Also.

Double-standard much?
    You sure post in a place you hold in absolute contempt a lot.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

The onus is on the GLC to take action, the time limit is running against them. Surfer has nothing to gain by engaging in a fight he might very well not win (whether you think he wins or loses, he's not going to have an easy time of it) Hiding is clearly his best option.

Eh, what's to stop the Surfer from pulling a Hancock on the Lanterns, if a fight does break out ?
    I'm not really sure I understand the reference? You mean shoving their heads up their butts or that whole picking off bank robbers one on one thing?

If it's the latter, the Lanterns can come in with some pretty stellar shields and Mogo's gravity + group constructs SHOULD be able to target and catch Surfer. The ring auto targeting has some pretty sick feats.

Again, no reason why it has to be a fight for him though. The Lanterns can definitely generate the power to block/contain him, but they can't do it everywhere.

I'm not really sure I understand the reference? You mean shoving their heads up their butts or that whole picking off bank robbers one on one thing?

If it's the latter, the Lanterns can come in with some pretty stellar shields and Mogo's gravity + group constructs SHOULD be able to target and catch Surfer. The ring auto targeting has some pretty sick feats.

Again, no reason why it has to be a fight for him though. The Lanterns can definitely generate the power to block/contain him, but they can't do it everywhere.
    I mean, the idea of Gardner getting his head shoved up Kilowog's ass his amusing, but the latter, yea.

I also agree that there's no reason for the Surfer to fight, just asking after Lantern stuff. Mainly becuase outside of baseline stuff, I've no idea their upper limits.

Arx Inosaan

I mean, the idea of Gardner getting his head shoved up Kilowog's ass his amusing, but the latter, yea.

I also agree that there's no reason for the Surfer to fight, just asking after Lantern stuff. Mainly becuase outside of baseline stuff, I've no idea their upper limits.
    That thread I linked to details a bunch of really good Kyle stuff. Containing super novas and what have you.

Kyle's got the best feats outside of Lanterns with baseline powers though like Mogo or Sodam Yat.

That thread I linked to details a bunch of really good Kyle stuff. Containing super novas and what have you.

Kyle's got the best feats outside of Lanterns with baseline powers though like Mogo or Sodam Yat.
    Sodom "Beat to Death With a Lead Pipe" Yat ?

Arx Inosaan

Sodom "Beat to Death With a Lead Pipe" Yat ?
    Sodam Overrated

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Sodam Overrated
    You win the Internet today, Beads.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

BANNED

can SS's power cosmic work it's transmutation powers on the rings? As far as I remember they aren't indestructible as tyrant was able to crush Kyle's ring to powder so maybe SS can presumably pull that off with the power cosmic.

Aren't they basically cohered energy sort of? You can't really.. transmute energy.