Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default December 2019 solicitations

Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Did the new issue of detective comics spoil the ending of batman#85? Other than that, not too many dc presents under my tree this month...

Notes:

-Harley Quinn: Villain of the Year #1: A conflict between my love of Mark Russell's work and my apathy towards Harley Quinn
    -New Year's Evil #1: I try to get the holiday special every year but this doesn't really seem that holiday-y?
    -Green Arrow by Mike Grell Omnibus vol. 1: Well, that explains why the paperbacks are now out of print. Trying to make my way though it now and it's SO GOOD.

Getting:
    -Shadow of th Batgirl TP
    -Action Comics #1018:
    Romita art. Ugh.
    -Batman #84
    -Batman #85
    -Detective Comics #1017
    -Detecetive Comics #1018
    -Doomsday Clock #12:
    If it actually comes out
    -The Flash #84
    -The Flash #85
    -Flash Forward #4
    -Legion of Super-Heroes #2
    -Lois Lane #6
    -Lois Lane #7

-Shazam #9: If it actually comes out.
    -Supergirl #37: Batman Who Laughs crap bleeding into it. Ugh.
    -Superman #18
    -Young Justice #11
    Last Read: Zatanna and the Ripper vol. 1

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Beware the Planet of the Apes, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Green Arrow, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Did the new issue of detective comics spoil the ending of batman#85? Other than that, not too many dc presents under my tree this month...
    No. The foundation of his life that he lost is Alfred, who died in an earlier issue that's already out.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Loads of good classics that I want
    Steve Englehart
    Wonder Woman Spirit of Truth
    Gotham Knights collection
    Nightwing by Tomasi
    Helena Wayne collection
    Expanding my Batman Arkham collections
    Continuing my Batman Golden Age collection
    Li'l Gotham spiritual sequel
    Haven't picked up Omega Men yet so that's also on the list

Looking good. I actually want a lot of these

BANNED

Action Comics #1018
    Doomsday Clock #12
    Hawkman #19
    Shazam #9
    Superman #18
    The Terrifics #23
    Batman Universe #6

Does Teen Lantern have an actual ring now?? Maybe she gets one from another dimension?

Am I the only one eagerly awaiting "Inferior Five?"

Thoughts:

- I really don't care much for Lex Luthor vs. The Batman Who Laughts with a bunch of evil versions of Superheroes.

- DC better make up their minds about Harley and Ivy. If you're going to start pushing them as heroes or Anti-Heroes, stop putting them on covers for books spotlighting villains. But they're too popular as Supervillains for that to happen.

- It's nice to see Ocean Master remembered. I wonder if his power-up will tie-in to DeConnick's Aquaman?

- Taylor on the Suicide Squad should be good. I wonder if some of the members on the cover are on the Revolutionaries? And where's Captain Boomerang?

- Poor Donna Troy. So mismanaged and then transformed into a bloodthirsty evil version again. Although "A woman who’s past has been her greatest adversary" is a pretty apt description.

- Why is Commissioner Gordon the only civilian member of the Secret Six? It makes him seem so random.

- A souped-up Tara spearheading Judas Contract is actually kind of interesting. And hey, the classic New Teen Titans!

- "But which side will Jackson Hyde choose—his mentor or his father?" Like Aqualad is really going to join up with Black Manta...

- Slade fighting against himself is as fitting a final issue for Priest to end his run on. Will the book be relaunched with a new creator? Will Priest still be writing for DC? I guess time will tell.

- The only Rogues redesign I really like is Heat Waves. Mirror Master's is kinda interesting.

- (Sigh), aside from the Heroes in Crisis one, all those images of Wally remind me of better times .

- Hal vs. Earth's Superhero population? This should be good (and might rankle some fandoms).

- I know current Hawkman is supposed to be a reincarnation of Katar but it's kind of weird that Shayera appears in this book to help Carter before Kendra does. The Hawks, always kind of confusing..

- The Justice League and the Justice Society vs. Perpetua-powered Lex Luthor? Cool.

- That Jim Cheung cover is probably one of the better visuals of the Bendis Legion I've seen. And Bendis is definitely trying harder to tie the new Legion to the modern DCU with Aquaman's trident being relevant. What's next, Themyscira?

- I'm all cool with Johns exploring more lands of magic, but it'd be nice to see him explore more of the classic Captain Marvel mythos as well.

- Well, Glass' entire run has been building up to it so it'll be interesting to see if the identity of The Other is worth the hype. Although from the cover it looks like...Ra's Al Ghul?

- Wow, Bizarro's been more of a thorn in the Terrifics side then he has been to Superman in years.

- Jo from Far Sector seems to be a John Stewart fan.

- It took 11 issues for the Young Justice team to end up back on Earth? Talk about your decompressed storytelling.

- Hey, somebody remembered Hawk and Dove in that Titans: Burning Rage story!

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    No. The foundation of his life that he lost is Alfred, who died in an earlier issue that's already out.
    Detective states that Batman will be alone- given that Batman #85 has the bat family on the cover, i’m Guessing there eon’t Be a happy ending there.

Looking forward to getting Batwoman Omnibus.

Whaddup dawg Doomsday Clock #12 ooh yes that's what I'm talking about.

Spectacular Member

Nice to see the third and final (1967-1970) Silver Age Omnibus of the LoSH!

I really hope we won't have to wait too long for the first Bronze Age Omnibusses of GL, Flash, Supergirl, LoSH etc.

Hmmm...

Donna Troy decides that if you can't beat them, join them. At least before the 'Titans Curse' claims you, too. Maybe this will keep her alive for another year.

The Judas Contract special looks interesting. As in, it 'looks' appealing to classic Titans fans, but it's likely another stealth attempt to bring Terra back while simultaneously killing off a bunch of Titans. And since they're not the main universe Titans, they can ALL be killed. I'm sure this makes someone really happy.

Love the Catwoman variant cover.

Doomsday Clock is ending. Well, sometime after December. And the DCU doesn't seem to care.

Is anyone going to bother reading Wally West by Scott Lobdell?

Hal Jordan looks so... '90s...

Masters of the Universe looks interesting.

Legion looks interesting...

Superman revealing his identity...
    If true, this could signal a reboot coming.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Incredible Member

Wonder woman dead earth looks intriguing.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    Superman revealing his identity...
    If true, this could signal a reboot coming.
    Well, Snyder seems to be building up to a new Crisis...