Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 126
  1. #16
    Extraordinary Member Jokerz79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    5,433

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TomServofan View Post
    And there's talks of a Pirates reboot, that franchise is long dead and your gonna continue diminishing returns.
    By your logic Halloween 2018 should had made little money but it made a ton even adjusted for inflation only the original made more. I'm not even a huge fan of Halloween 2018 I thought of was OK but I liked a few of the other sequels more but it paid off. I was willing to give up on Transformers than Bumblebee came out and now I'm excited for the franchise.

    The only reboot I don't like is Star Trek Discovery because it's rewriting TOS canon but the JJ films I had no issue with and liked 2 out of 3 because they're their own thing in the franchise and at the end of the day I can ignore them heck even Disney Star Wars I ignore and treat Legends as my canon. That's what I don't get why do you care? Just ignore remakes, reboots, and sequels if you dislike them and enjoy what you got before it's what I do if I dislike a new entry.
    Last edited by Jokerz79; 01-24-2019 at 09:38 AM.

  2. #17
    Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    2,323

    Default

    They’ll fail in 2500 when the United States of Disney kicks off World War D to unite the world under the Iron Fist of the mouse.

  3. #18
    King of Wakanda Midvillian1322's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    7,217

    Default

    Deadpool 2 had diminishing returns and xforce was Deadpool 3 with a shifted focus. By your logic Xforce was part of the problem. I dont think so but by your logic. Anyway They canceled the current xforce but Iger said it wouldn't make much sense to mess with Deadpool and Reynolds wants deadpool 3 to be a team movie. So we could still get a Xforce movie or soemthing in that vain. Depends on what characters feigie wants for the MCU. But it will be developed post Dinsey buy out.

    Frozen,Zootopia,Moana,Inside out,Wreck it Raloh,Coco,Big hero 6. Disney is still a trend setter.
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 01-24-2019 at 02:03 PM.

  4. #19
    Astonishing Member AJBopp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,979

    Default

    TL;DR

    But I'm glad I suppose that you have a place where you are welcome to blow off steam like this, even if it strikes me personally as "I don't like something so everyone should stop doing it."
    Why yes, I AM a Mark Goodson/Bill Toddman production.

  5. #20
    Fighting Injustice on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    WV ...in the Middle of Nowhere !
    Posts
    12,406

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    There were a boatload of banks and financial institutions that thought they were "too big to fail" back in 2008, and guess what? They did fail. Disney is not indestructible, they could face a downtown in fortunes just like everyone else, and it could make for a considerable fall. It isn't a question of IF, but WHEN.
    The move to get 21st Century Fox and its film library seems to be steps towards Disney seeing what was ahead. That the digital landscape with streaming was becoming the future so they needed more of a library for streaming plus a bigger slice of the Hulu pie. It was a move to do that as well as get more IP's to use as well.

    Every big company stumbles at some point. I can see why Disney did this move because they likely knew they had to take advantage of what the future was going to.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.

  6. #21
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,693

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    By your logic Halloween 2018 should had made little money but it made a ton even adjusted for inflation only the original made more. I'm not even a huge fan of Halloween 2018 I thought of was OK but I liked a few of the other sequels more but it paid off. I was willing to give up on Transformers than Bumblebee came out and now I'm excited for the franchise.

    The only reboot I don't like is Star Trek Discovery because it's rewriting TOS canon but the JJ films I had no issue with and liked 2 out of 3 because they're their own thing in the franchise and at the end of the day I can ignore them heck even Disney Star Wars I ignore and treat Legends as my canon. That's what I don't get why do you care? Just ignore remakes, reboots, and sequels if you dislike them and enjoy what you got before it's what I do if I dislike a new entry.
    It's just Pirates should had ended with the third film and could had been a trilogy instead of running the franchise into the ground and like i said, your just gonna keep flopping. It was better to have it stay as a trilogy than become a zombiefied franchise as once you keep flopping, it should send studios the message to let some things rest in peace and do new franchises.

    And i just feel Toy Story 4 is unnecessary because the story came to a fine end with the third film and it's ok to do specials and shorts of Toy Story than drag it into the ground. And with Cars sequels, like i said, diminishing returns, same for any non-Incredibles Pixar sequels.

  7. #22
    Extraordinary Member Jokerz79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    5,433

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TomServofan View Post
    It's just Pirates should had ended with the third film and could had been a trilogy instead of running the franchise into the ground and like i said, your just gonna keep flopping. It was better to have it stay as a trilogy than become a zombiefied franchise as once you keep flopping, it should send studios the message to let some things rest in peace and do new franchises.

    And i just feel Toy Story 4 is unnecessary because the story came to a fine end with the third film and it's ok to do specials and shorts of Toy Story than drag it into the ground. And with Cars sequels, like i said, diminishing returns, same for any non-Incredibles Pixar sequels.
    One diminished returns doesn't equal flop you can make a lot off money and not make what you made before. Again though why do you care? Just ignore them unless you're a Disney share holder.

  8. #23
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,693

    Default

    Deadpool 2 was actually a success while Solo was a flop.

    I hope the next Star Wars doesn't do to well and the spin-offs too, i'm done with Star Wars and i am a high standards person and a passionate film lover, i felt the Star Wars franchise ended with Return of the Jedi and you cannot strike lightning in a bottle twice. And it's just i think elder cinema should be respected, acknowledge and all like you do with your grandparents.

    Screw this! Pirates is a DEAD franchise. Bury it. There's no need for this and NOBODY asked for the upcoming reboot. Just these fans who like any of the garbage Hollywood shills out. I don't give a fuck if people say I hate everything. Hate is GREAT, we need more hate! At least it's genuine and can't be faked. Hate for Star Wars (Post Return), hate for Star Trek (new Star Trek), hate for SJWs, hate for nostalgia, hate for hack writers and directors, hate for every remake and reboot, and hate for these studio executives who greenlight these shitty movies and disrespect the actual moviegoers IE me with youtube film critics Ocpcommunications and Ramboraph4life! Like Palpatine would say "Let the hate flow through you."

    Even remaking past films as this remake trend will eventually like i said will get diminishing returns as Dumbo looks like the latest Burton flop. I want new things even from Disney!
    Last edited by TomServofan; 01-24-2019 at 09:14 PM.

  9. #24
    Spam Hunter Conn Seanery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 1997
    Location
    Montreal, QC, Canada
    Posts
    4,320

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TomServofan View Post
    First off, I have no issue if people are entertained by any film.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomServofan View Post
    Just these brain-washed fans who like any of the garbage Hollywood shills out.
    I look forward to a stirring debate between these two people with differing opinions.
    Conn Seanery
    CBR Forums Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Eddard Stark's other bastard
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

    "They wouldn't need coal if they could run the red states on hypocrisy." ~Bill Maher

  10. #25
    Spam Hunter Conn Seanery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 1997
    Location
    Montreal, QC, Canada
    Posts
    4,320

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TomServofan View Post
    Deadpool 2 was actually a success while Solo was a flop.

    I hope the next Star Wars doesn't do to well and the spin-offs too, i'm done with Star Wars and i am a high standards person and a passionate film lover, i felt the Star Wars franchise ended with Return of the Jedi and you cannot strike lightning in a bottle twice. And it's just i think elder cinema should be respected, acknowledge and all like you do with your grandparents.

    Screw this! Pirates is a DEAD franchise. Bury it. There's no need for this and NOBODY asked for the upcoming reboot. Just these brain-washed fans who like any of the garbage Hollywood shills out. I don't give a fuck if people say I hate everything. Hate is GREAT, we need more hate! At least it's genuine and can't be faked. Hate for Star Wars (Post Return), hate for Star Trek (new Star Trek), hate for SJWs, hate for nostalgia, hate for hack writers and directors, hate for every remake and reboot, and hate for these studio executives who greenlight these shitty movies and disrespect the actual moviegoers IE me with youtube film critics Ocpcommunications and Ramboraph4life! Like Palpatine would say "Let the hate flow through you."

    Even remaking past films as this remake trend will eventually like i said will get diminishing returns as Dumbo looks like the latest Burton flop. I want new things even from Disney!
    Once again, I'll remind you that just because you don't like something doesn't mean it needs to cease to exist. Being the self-proclaimed high standards person and passionate film lover that you are, there are plenty of things out there for you to watch that you can & will enjoy despite the existence of the other things that you wouldn't.
    Conn Seanery
    CBR Forums Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Eddard Stark's other bastard
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

    "They wouldn't need coal if they could run the red states on hypocrisy." ~Bill Maher

  11. #26
    Ultimate Member numberthirty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    16,428

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TomServofan View Post
    Deadpool 2 was actually a success while Solo was a flop.

    I hope the next Star Wars doesn't do to well and the spin-offs too, i'm done with Star Wars and i am a high standards person and a passionate film lover, i felt the Star Wars franchise ended with Return of the Jedi and you cannot strike lightning in a bottle twice. And it's just i think elder cinema should be respected, acknowledge and all like you do with your grandparents.

    Screw this! Pirates is a DEAD franchise. Bury it. There's no need for this and NOBODY asked for the upcoming reboot. Just these fans who like any of the garbage Hollywood shills out. I don't give a fuck if people say I hate everything. Hate is GREAT, we need more hate! At least it's genuine and can't be faked. Hate for Star Wars (Post Return), hate for Star Trek (new Star Trek), hate for SJWs, hate for nostalgia, hate for hack writers and directors, hate for every remake and reboot, and hate for these studio executives who greenlight these shitty movies and disrespect the actual moviegoers IE me with youtube film critics Ocpcommunications and Ramboraph4life! Like Palpatine would say "Let the hate flow through you."

    Even remaking past films as this remake trend will eventually like i said will get diminishing returns as Dumbo looks like the latest Burton flop. I want new things even from Disney!
    Just to say this once...

    I'm sure that no one asked for The Thing From Another World to be rebooted, and that there was no real need.

    Still incredibly happy that someone did it anyway.

    Never mind The Punisher(which you seem to be a fan of).

  12. #27
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,693

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Just to say this once...

    I'm sure that no one asked for The Thing From Another World to be rebooted, and that there was no real need.

    Still incredibly happy that someone did it anyway.

    Never mind The Punisher(which you seem to be a fan of).
    I don't consider The Thing to be a "remake" of the 1951 Thing from Another World film but a separate new adaptation of the 1938 novel and an excellent adaptation unlike the 1951 film which ignored the novel.

  13. #28
    Ultimate Member numberthirty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    16,428

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TomServofan View Post
    I don't consider The Thing to be a "remake" of the 1951 Thing from Another World film but a separate new adaptation of the 1938 novel and an excellent adaptation unlike the 1951 film which ignored the novel.
    Exactly.

    It is a reboot.

  14. #29
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,693

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Exactly.

    It is a reboot.
    Not everything is a friggin' "reboot", look at my thread.

  15. #30
    Extraordinary Member Jokerz79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    5,433

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TomServofan View Post
    Not everything is a friggin' "reboot", look at my thread.
    True reboots are:

    Casino Royale since it truly started the series from scratch, adapting the first James Bond book Ian Flemming wrote (the only time the book was accurately adapted for the big screen), and ignored everything that came before (though Judi Dench reprising her role as M was confusing in this context).

    Spider-Man Homecoming did the Batman Begins route and ignoring 2 established series and being part of the MCU.

    Rise of the Planet of the Apes due to the fact that it tells the origins of how the apes took over out world but in a completely different manner than the movie it closely emulates, Conquest of the Planet of the Apes.

    Star Trek is another example as it reboots the series back to basics in an alternate universe.

    Man of Steel is another example that ignores the previous Superman movies even the retcon sequel Superman Returns. It is a new take on the Superman legend.
    You point to literary characters/stories with new film adaptations and call them "True Reboots" it's your own examples.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •