Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    You point to literary characters/stories with new film adaptations and call them "True Reboots" it's your own examples.
    Exactly.

If Batman Begins or Star Trek is a reboot, so is The Thing.

Invincible Member

Sequels and reboots have been part of the movie industry for generations.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Sequels and reboots have been part of the movie industry for generations.
    Scarface for example

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Exactly.

If Batman Begins or Star Trek is a reboot, so is The Thing.
    A reboot is a new start to something that was ongoing. The Thing isn't a reboot, it's a remake.
    Live true or lie well.

Isn't it a better use of one's passion to glorify what one loves then ragging on something one does not? What can one get by being angry over things over which one has no control?

From time to time i hear complaints about reboots, sequels, etc. Hollywood not making original movies. I am reminded of films like 'The Nice Guys'. That movie was awesome. Who saw that? Last year a little movie named Wind River came out. Nobody talks about that. Instead of being angry at Disney why not show love for such films? Write a post about why The Nice Guys is great. Make a video like -Ten Reasons you should watch Wind River'. Pester your friends to watch Baby Driver.

In my opinion people in general are not after the so called high quality entertainment. They are only after entertainment. Say a doctor works hard all week. And she wants to spend a fun weekend with her kids. So, what if she isn't after 'high classs' entertainment? She simply wants to forget her problems. She simply wants a good time. Why not simply say that people have different priorities and leave it like that?

iMan 42s

Quote Originally Posted by Soubhagya View Post
    Isn't it a better use of one's passion to glorify what one loves then ragging on something one does not? What can one get by being angry over things over which one has no control?

From time to time i hear complaints about reboots, sequels, etc. Hollywood not making original movies. I am reminded of films like 'The Nice Guys'. That movie was awesome. Who saw that? Last year a little movie named Wind River came out. Nobody talks about that. Instead of being angry at Disney why not show love for such films? Write a post about why The Nice Guys is great. Make a video like -Ten Reasons you should watch Wind River'. Pester your friends to watch Baby Driver.

In my opinion people in general are not after the so called high quality entertainment. They are only after entertainment. Say a doctor works hard all week. And she wants to spend a fun weekend with her kids. So, what if she isn't after 'high classs' entertainment? She simply wants to forget her problems. She simply wants a good time. Why not simply say that people have different priorities and leave it like that?
    Anger gets clicks and people are under this weird impression that Disney is the devil and they want to watch a big company fall as if it was Weyland-Yutani or Cyberdine. Disney hasn't always been successful but the key to their success like any good company knows is that they surround themselves with capable people and that is exactly what they did. The parks haven't always worked out like the cost-cutting in the late 90's-early 2000's, but Disney knows what it's doing. Disney is not the devil, it's just a company that knows what financial and critical failure looks like which is why Disney productions tend to be as elaborate as they are to even preying on nostalgia. At worst, Disney is guilty of embedding itself in such a way that they can't easily be toppled (y'know cause of that land they own in Florida). But that is a political discussion as a byproduct of the land they bought for the Florida resort (that being said who even wants it?).

If not Disney it would be Universal or Sony.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by Zetsubou View Post
    Disney is like an oak tree. The bigger it is, the harder it will fall
    Isn't the oak tree metaphor that an oak tree is a mighty tree and no matter what nature throws at her, she is still standing. Never heard that about an oak tree. So if Disney is an oak tree, they will survive and even thrive.

Is Disney too big to fail? Technically, no, but I wouldn't count them out anytime soon; they are really good at what they do and do own some of the most beloved IPs in Western culture.

Quote Originally Posted by TomServofan View Post
    Deadpool 2 was actually a success while Solo was a flop.
    Yeah?

I hope the next Star Wars doesn't do to well and the spin-offs too, i'm done with Star Wars and i am a high standards person and a passionate film lover, i felt the Star Wars franchise ended with Return of the Jedi and you cannot strike lightning in a bottle twice. And it's just i think elder cinema should be respected, acknowledge and all like you do with your grandparents.
    I actually think they did in that case. Fair enough if you disagree, but why wish badly for people who want those movies?

Screw this! Pirates is a DEAD franchise. Bury it. There's no need for this and NOBODY asked for the upcoming reboot.
    IMHO, I think I agree that the series should end (and I generally liked all the movies, too). But, others may feel differently. Besides, how do we know that no one wants it?

Just these fans who like any of the garbage Hollywood shills out.
    We all get different stuff out of things.

I don't give a **** if people say I hate everything. Hate is GREAT, we need more hate! At least it's genuine and can't be faked. Hate for Star Wars (Post Return), hate for Star Trek (new Star Trek), hate for SJWs, hate for nostalgia, hate for hack writers and directors, hate for every remake and reboot, and hate for these studio executives who greenlight these shitty movies and disrespect the actual moviegoers IE me with youtube film critics Ocpcommunications and Ramboraph4life! Like Palpatine would say "Let the hate flow through you."
    I've found that hate just poisons the well. (FIY, I don't really get your mutual hatred for Star Trek and "SJWs"*; they're one and the same, really.)
    *No such thing, by the way.

Even remaking past films as this remake trend will eventually like i said will get diminishing returns as Dumbo looks like the latest Burton flop. I want new things even from Disney!
    Who says we won't get both new stuff and remakes?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Disney literally is build on selling you the same stuff over and over. They have been selling the same cartoons and movies successful everytime the format changes .So from VHS to DVD , DVD to Blu Ray.Disney has successful got people to buy the SAME movie they already own multiple times. The live action reboot of movies they already made is brilliant and in lane of their strategy nobody is better at selling to their fans what they already have and if that was their only business then maybe Disney would be in trouble BUT has acquired Pixar,Marvel, Lucasarts and now Fox. And their track record after picking up these studios has been impeccable meaning everyone of these purchases they have made back ridiculous amount of money it took to buy them. You can be critical of the direction they took with Stars Wars but it cost 4 Billion to buy Lucas and with in 6 years owing Star Wars has made 4.8 billion dollars and everything moving forward is profit

I am not even sure what people are trying to say in this thread. How is Disney going to fail? They are a diversified company they eat off of mainly Theme Parks, Merchandise, Movies and TV. If their movie businesses was to fall off the cliff (which means the entire industry is flopping) they are still running successful theme park business and other businesses .People understand what the fluff you are talking about Disney own Marvel publishing, Disney owns ABC, Disney owns ESPN, Disney owns the majority stake in Hulu. When Disney starts its streaming service it is immediately a contender to Netflix own strength of having exclusive content that people want, I will sub to Disney because they will have all the Marvel movie content under one roof and all the Star Wars movie content under one roof.

I don't think people who say this understand the implications of Disney "failing" or even understand what Disney is

https://storage.googleapis.com/title...ageversion.jpg
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 01-28-2019 at 02:06 AM.

Disney are starting to push it. If they fail it will be their fault. Things could get very self destructive. My main concern with Disney is how much they abuse the power they have.

Well, Disney is pretty good when it comes to create entertainment for the masses. Shiny things with all the most basic common denominators possible who are going to appeal to a very large audience.

I think you shouldn't expect too much from their products. Disney is for movies what Mc Donald's is for gastronomy. And honestly there is nothing wrong with that. There is enough room for both junk food and real cuisine.

There a LOT of people around the globe doing things differently so maybe you should try to broaden your cinematic horizon. Disney isn't stealing money from your pocket, you're giving it to them. They don't force you to watch their movies, you do that to yourself.

It's all up to you. I didn't even watch half of their movies of that last decade.

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    Well, Disney is pretty good when it comes to create entertainment for the masses. Shiny things with all the most basic common denominators possible who are going to appeal to a very large audience.

I think you shouldn't expect too much from their products. Disney is for movies what Mc Donald's is for gastronomy. And honestly there is nothing wrong with that. There is enough room for both junk food and real cuisine.
    The bruised body of disney, shiny things for the masses, nothing thought provoking or substantial.

And honestly there is nothing wrong with that. There is enough room for both junk food and real cuisine.
    I always said the difference between the non-cinematic marvel movies (Spiderman 2, X-Men 2, Blade). movies were like fine wine. MCU is like diet sodas

There a LOT of people around the globe doing things differently so maybe you should try to broaden your cinematic horizon. Disney isn't stealing money from your pocket, you're giving it to them. They don't force you to watch their movies, you do that to yourself.

It's all up to you. I didn't even watch half of their movies of that last decade.
    If they keep buying more studios. As long as you enjoy entertainment, it will be hard to escape them

iMan 42s

Actually it would be pretty easy to escape Disney because they have to sell off assets in order to get others. It's so things like Disney can't get a monopoly. Disney has to lose 22 regional sports networks and cannot own Fox itself as a network because they already have ABC.

They do get FX and content related to the media portion.

All things considered you could probably do just fine escaping Disney.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

As I posted elsewhere Variety had an article days ago where its said Disney is gonna have a decision ahead on what to do about The Simpsons. They are expected to let Fox air it for a new 2 years and then decide on whether to just put it IN HOUSE basically at ABC where they can really control it and the big syndication package it will contain (over 700+ episodes by then).
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Wasnt the endgoal for Simpsons to beat Gunsmoke then end ?