Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

The Dwemer = The Forerunners. Lol.

Dragonborn protagonist has some pretty potent stuff.

Thunderstorm shout (mentioned earlier) is just one of several super useful Shouts.

Others include a soul tear that can ressurect the dead, a vitality curse that weakens durability and poisons the body, a shout that can summon an undead dragon from another dimension, calling a living dragon to his cause, becoming intangible and some other nifty things.

...problem is the Dragonborn is slooow. Like HST has oodles of speed. Even his "make me faster!" shout is pitiful in comparison.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    The Dwemer = The Forerunners. Lol.
    Only better, becuase he succeeded.

Dragonborn protagonist has some pretty potent stuff.

Thunderstorm shout (mentioned earlier) is just one of several super useful Shouts.

Others include a soul tear that can ressurect the dead, a vitality curse that weakens durability and poisons the body, a shout that can summon an undead dragon from another dimension, calling a living dragon to his cause, becoming intangible and some other nifty things.

...problem is the Dragonborn is slooow. Like HST has oodles of speed. Even his "make me faster!" shout is pitiful in comparison.
    He does have a time slow/stop, IIRC.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    "Real" feats without game exploits and a fairly vanilla play through of Skyrim are still pretty good.

Giants literally can toss your broken corpse like a kilometer. End game stats (without goofy work arounds) mean these guys can pound on you, three at a time, and it still takes like a full 3 minutes to kill you.

Dragons can toss these giants around. They don't fare much better.

Alduin (the world eater - super dragon) can casually travel between dimensions and create kilometers wide super storms that dump meteors on your head. He is (no limits fallacy) immune to damage without the specific Shout needed to ground and weaken him.
    Thing is game mechanics DO get referenced in fluff, stuff like a farmer who does nothing but improve his strength, get enchantments, drink a potion and he can suddenly lift a barn

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

I think OP needs to clarify whether anyone gets any prep.

But like... how much of what you are saying do we actually see? In the games?
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

You see a fair bit of it, really.

Some things happen off-screen (penis biting, shouting continents), but Vivec is someone who can break the fourth wall to such a degree that he refuses to fight the Neraverine because he knows you'll eventually beat him (by implying you'll just keep coming back to fight him until you ultimately succeed, ie. saving/reloading).

You also fighting Gods in their Realm and slapping them is also kind of a thing.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post

Some things happen off-screen (penis biting, shouting continents), but Vivec is someone who can break the fourth wall to such a degree that he refuses to fight the Neraverine because he knows you'll eventually beat him (by implying you'll just keep coming back to fight him until you ultimately succeed, ie. saving/reloading).

You also fighting Gods in their Realm and slapping them is also kind of a thing.
    Oh yeah? I need to play the older games. Can you provide links to any of this stuff? Preferably YouTube - preferably about the continent/island smashing stuff
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by snoke123 View Post
    all gods are included, such as: akatosh, Hermaeus mora, Numidium.etc
    Numidiom breaks reality just by existing...are you sure that's not too OP?

Sort of...the thing is Vivec is heavily implied ( and later half confirmed) that he lies about almost everything and may have already gone insane

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    Sort of...the thing is Vivec is heavily implied ( and later half confirmed) that he lies about almost everything and may have already gone insane
    I mean if you knew everything, probably go crazy too. Though that's a fair point.

Arx Inosaan

I mean if you knew everything, probably go crazy too. Though that's a fair point.
    Online implies Vivec may not actually be as aware of everything as it seemed.spoilers:
    He genuinely thought Sotha Sil was utterly detached from reality but it turned out Sotha was the only sane member of the tribunal.
    end of spoilers

Also the end of morowind has him admit that the sermons are "half true at best and the rest are falsehoods". The main writer later decided he didn't like the second half because vivec became a writer alter ego for him but the game itself makes it clear Vivec is not a trustworthy source.

Also again with online spoilers:
    There are hitns that Michael Kirkbride's text C0DA exists in the elder scrolls universe as fanfic by Vivec to a small cult he rules
    end of spoilers

Okay, so how many flavour text pseudo omnipotent entities are actually considered canon?

I mean, if we are allowing flavour gods into the mix, which the OP seems to be up for, then I don't think the HST has a counter for that.

Maybe something jank with the Soul King or something? That's some serious reaching on my part.

Ah right, I always forget Online is a thing.

Arx Inosaan

BANNED

Vivec It's not important here, forget it.

Quote Originally Posted by snoke123 View Post
    Vivec It's not important here, forget it.
    Hey OP, you want to clarify on how the fight works? Is there any prep, is it the contents of both universes being dropped into the arena or is this an invasion by either side into home turf?