BANNED

Default Iron Fist Nova Ronin vs X23 Sunspot Gambit

Iron Fist Nova and Ronin( Clint) take on the mutant team of sunspot X23 and gambit. which team comes out on the top?

Herald of Galactus Nova? Rich Ryder Nova? Sam Nova? There's a lot of Novas.

The first two would solo this whole thing. Never really followed the last one.

BANNED

I meant the Richard Ryder nova the one who put the "war" in new warriors if you are to believe his intro in marvel vs Capcom 3.

BANNED

as to rich Ryder soloing; I believe Robert D Costa who had declared himself the strongest mutant in avengers no surrender will have something to say about that and if not then so it goes and the mutants find themselves once again discriminated against. more seriously it would have to be classic Nova who ran along with the warriors for this to be a match. should have specified that.

Classic Nova could still generate a gravimetric pulse that would basically waste everyone here.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

On top of that, the Nova solo series with Rich as Prime also showed that ALL Novas have hypersonic reactions at least, which means that even classic Rich is going to be able to drop limitless attacks on the others.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

That's not Warriors era Nova though, which he's trying to use here. My point is just even that Nova had the pulse attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    That's not Warriors era Nova though, which he's trying to use here. My point is just even that Nova had the pulse attack.
    True enough, I'm just adding that it's explicitly stated that ALL Novas have that kind of speed in the Nova series. There's even a scene of a stack of them using it at once in coordinated fashion.
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    True enough, I'm just adding that it's explicitly stated that ALL Novas have that kind of speed in the Nova series. There's even a scene of a stack of them using it at once in coordinated fashion.
    The issue is whether or not that was "true" during the Warriors era. Like, various stories have shown that Beyonder wasn't as powerful as shown in Secret War. But if we say pre-retcon Beyonder, we assumed those stories don't count. It's basically the reverse situation here unless Novas were presented as speedsters back in the day too.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    The issue is whether or not that was "true" during the Warriors era. Like, various stories have shown that Beyonder wasn't as powerful as shown in Secret War. But if we say pre-retcon Beyonder, we assumed those stories don't count. It's basically the reverse situation here unless Novas were presented as speedsters back in the day too.
    Eh, they were always presented as "fast" to some extent. The difference with them and Beyonder (for example) is that he was explicitly depowered and changed more than once, while Novas never were - no explicit upgrades or downgrades over the years.

Of course, for Beyonder, they undid some of that nonsense kinda sorta when they made Molecule Man all-powerful again for Secret War. Ugh. It doesn't really bear thinking about.