Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Spider-Man April 2019 Solicitations

WAR OF THE REALMS: JOURNEY INTO MYSTERY #1

Clint, Justin, Travis & Griffin MCELROY (W), Andre Lima Araujo (A)

Cover by VALERIO SCHITI & DAVID CURIEL

CONNECTING REALMS VARIANT COVER BY MARKO DJURDJEVIC

VARIANT COVER BY JOE QUINONES

VARIANT COVER BY GERALD PAREL

The creators of the blockbuster podcast The Adventure Zone bring their talents to Marvel for a wild romp through THE WAR OF THE REALMS! Earth is at war, besieged by an army of Frost Giants, Trolls and Fire Goblins -- and the mighty Thor is nowhere to be found! But could it be that the key to turning the tide is...Thor's baby sister? Journey into Mystery with Spider-Man (Miles Morales), Hawkeye (Kate Bishop), Wonder Man, and Balder the Brave as they go on an epic quest to save Earth's only hope! (And, yes, deal with diaper duty.)

VENOM #13

CULLEN BUNN (W), IBAN COELLO (A)

Cover by RYAN STEGMAN

ASGARDIAN VARIANT COVER BY INHYUK LEE

WAR OF THE REALMS TIE-IN!

* The Marvel Comics event of the year makes landfall in the world of the wicked web-slinger as Venom gets swept up in Malekith's campaign to take over the Ten Realms!

* But Malekith has designs for the sinister symbiote...and they may prove fatal!

32 pages, $3.99.

SYMBIOTE SPIDER-MAN #1

PETER DAVID (W), GREG LAND (A/C)

VARIANT COVER BY RON LIM

VARIANT COVER BY ARTGERM

VIRGIN VARIANT COVER BY ARTGERM

VARIANT COVER BY SKOTTIE YOUNG

HIDDEN GEM VARIANT COVER BY TODD MCFARLANE

Everyone knows that Spider-Man's infamous black suit would someday become the wicked web-slinger called Venom -- but what happened BEFORE Peter Parker discovered the black suit's sinister secret? Find out in this dynamic tale from comics legends PETER DAVID and GREG LAND! Set during the original "Black Suit Saga," this is an all-new tale that pits the wall-crawling wonder against that most mystifying of menaces...MYSTERIO!

SYMBIOTE SPIDER-MAN #1

PETER DAVID (W), GREG LAND (A/C)

VARIANT COVER BY RON LIM

VARIANT COVER BY ARTGERM

VIRGIN VARIANT COVER BY ARTGERM

VARIANT COVER BY SKOTTIE YOUNG

HIDDEN GEM VARIANT COVER BY TODD MCFARLANE

Everyone knows that Spider-Man's infamous black suit would someday become the wicked web-slinger called Venom -- but what happened BEFORE Peter Parker discovered the black suit's sinister secret? Find out in this dynamic tale from comics legends PETER DAVID and GREG LAND! Set during the original "Black Suit Saga," this is an all-new tale that pits the wall-crawling wonder against that most mystifying of menaces...MYSTERIO!

40 pages, $4.99.

SPIDER-MAN: FAR FROM HOME PRELUDE #2

PETER DAVID (W)

LUCA MARESCA (A)

DON'T MESS WITH THE VULTURE!

Determined to prove to his mentor, TONY STARK, A.K.A. IRON MAN, that he's ready to be an Avenger, PETER PARKER, A.K.A. SPIDER-MAN, has been tracking down a weapons dealer distributing alien CHITAURI technology in Queens. But when that same technology threatens Peter's fellow students, it's up to SPIDER-MAN to save the day! However, when THE VULTURE flies in to protect his operation, will Peter be able to defend his neighborhood from the winged menace or will there be no more neighborhood left to save? Find out in the thrilling conclusion and get ready for this summer's SPIDER-MAN: FAR FROM HOME with this adaption of the smash hit SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING!

32 pages, $3.99.

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #252 FACSIMILE EDITION

ROGER STERN & TOM DEFALCO (W)

RON FRENZ (A/C)

The stunning debut of Spider-Man's black suit -- the alien costume that would one day become Venom! As Spidey makes his homecoming from the super hero Secret Wars, he returns with a miraculous new outfit, a striking black-and-white Spider-Man costume that morphs and responds to his very thoughts -- allowing him to change back to Peter Parker at will! But is it possible that this miraculous article of alien clothing may have a mind of its own? With New Yorkers made uneasy by his new look and the Secret Wars photos he took far too alien to sell to the Daily Bugle, can Peter pick up the life he left behind? Relive the issue that set in motion the entire saga of Venom! It's one of the all-time great Marvel comic books, boldly re-presented in its original form, ads and all!

32 pages, $3.99.

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #18.HU

NICK SPENCER (W)

CHRIS BACHALO (A)

Cover by GREG LAND

"HUNTED" TIE-IN!

* Spider-Man's most dangerous villain, THE GIBBON, is back and --

* He's not Spidey's most feared foe? Then why are we? You want me to read the script?

* Oh man. That's insane.

32 pages, $3.99.

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #19.HU

NICK SPENCER (W),

CHRIS BACHALO (A)

Cover by GREG LAND

"HUNTED" TIE-IN!

* With Kraven gathering up all the animal-themed villains for the grandest hunt of all, Lizard has a target on his back!

* But the Lizard has a plan of his own-- and it involves something truly terrifying!

32 pages, $3.99.

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #19

NICK SPENCER (W), HUMBERTO RAMOS (A/C)

CONNECTING VARIANT COVER BY LEINIL FRANCIS YU (3 OF 5)

"HUNTED" PART 3

* Something horrible happened last issue that's galvanized all the villains!

* Spidey desperately needs to get out of this horrible situation, but there are lives (innocent and otherwise) at stake and...well...he's Spider-Man.

32 pages, $3.99.

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #20

NICK SPENCER (W), HUMBERTO RAMOS (A/C)

CONNECTING VARIANT COVER BY LEINIL FRANCIS YU (4 OF 5)

"HUNTED" PART 4

* The big showdown begins. Spider-Man vs. Kraven. Place your bets, ladies and gentlemen.

* If this is like past Kraven stories, you know it's not going to go how you THINK it's going to go.

32 pages, $3.99.

MARVEL'S SPIDER-MAN: CITY AT WAR #2

DENNIS "HOPELESS" HALLUM (W), MICHELE BANDINI (A)

COVER BY CLAYTON CRAIN

Sinister Six Variant Cover by David Nakayama

VARIANT COVER BY MARCO CHECCHETTO

CONTINUING THE SAGA OF SPIDER-MAN FROM THE BRAND-NEW UNIVERSE!

* The worlds of PETER PARKER and SPIDER-MAN continue to collide -- with his beloved AUNT MAY and current crusading Daily Bugle reporter (and former girlfriend) MARY JANE -- caught in the middle!

* Teenager MILES MORALES has two heroes -- Spider-Man and his police office father, JEFFERSON DAVIS -- but how will their chance meeting lead to both triumph and tragedy?

* Plus: Who are the INNER DEMONS, and how is their crime spree connected to the fall of the KINGPIN...and the rise of an even darker foe?

32 pages, $3.99.

WEB OF VENOM: CULT OF CARNAGE #1

FRANK TIERI (W), DANILO S. BEYRUTH (A)

COVER BY JOSH CASSARA

VARIANT COVER BY GABRIELE DELL'OTTO

* A new terror has risen on the fringes of the Marvel Universe, stirring in the depths of space.

* But evil is also rising on Earth, claiming one victim at a time in the name of the killer called CARNAGE!

40 pages, $4.99.

SPIDER-MAN: LIFE STORY #2

CHIP ZDARSKY (W), MARK BAGLEY (A)

Cover by CHIP ZDARSKY

Variant Cover by MICHAEL CHO

CAN PETER AND GWEN FIND HAPPINESS IN THE 1970s? The GREEN GOBLIN is out of their lives, but NORMAN OSBORN isn't! Can PETER AND GWEN find happiness as the world of the 1970s dances on around them?

32 pages, $4.99.

SPIDER-GWEN: GHOST-SPIDER #7

SEANAN MCGUIRE (W)

TAKESHI MIYAZAWA (A)

Cover by BENGAL

ASGARDIAN VARIANT COVER BY JORGE MOLINA

* Struggling to find her place as SPIDER-WOMAN in a city that seems to revere her and hate her in equal measure, GWEN STACY has taken matters into her own hands by becoming a hero for hire!

* That should make her first date with Harry Osborn a breeze, right? After all, how many people could REALLY need Spider-Woman's help, after all?

32 pages, $3.99.

SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN #5

CHRISTOS GAGE (W) MIKE HAWTHORNE (A)

COVER BY JORGE COELHO

ASGARDIAN VARIANT COVER BY CARLOS PACHECO

* After the cosmic threat of Terrax, Otto Octavius, the Superior Spider-Man, is ready for the usual Spider-Man fare of street-level villains.

* So he's none too pleased when a major magic threat rears its ugly head and he's forced to...ugh...ask for help...

* ...from guest star DOCTOR STRANGE! But will Strange help Otto or take him down?

32 pages, $3.99.

MILES MORALES: SPIDER-MAN #5

SALADIN AHMED (W)

JAVIER GARRON (A)

COVER BY MARCO D'ALFONSO

* Tombstone is not happy with Miles taking out his weapons supplier and is taking drastic measures.

* He's a big believer in the adage, "If you want a job done, you have to do it yourself."

* All the while, Miles is still juggling school, super-heroing and his love life. Wait a minute, WHAT love life?!

32 pages, $3.99.

SPIDER-MAN/DEADPOOL #49

ROBBIE THOMPSON (W), JIM TOWE (A)

Cover by DAVE JOHNSON

THE EVENT SO BIG ONE COMIC BOOK/REALITY CANNOT CONTAIN IT!

* A battle royale of epic event proportions!!!

* Make sure the roof you read this issue under is well-supported, because we're gonna DESTROY THE FOURTH WALL.

* The danger is coming...FROM THE OTHER SIDE OF THE PAGE!!!

32 pages, $3.99.

FRIENDLY NEIGHBORHOOD SPIDER-MAN #5

TOM TAYLOR (W)

YILDIRAY CINAR (A)

Cover by ANDREW C. ROBINSON

* A bomb drops on Peter's world when Aunt May finally fesses up to Peter about what's happening.

* Don't miss this special issue!

32 pages, $3.99.

http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stori...arvelapril.htm

SHURI #7
    VITA AYALA (W) • PAUL DAVIDSON (A) • Cover by KIRBI FAGAN
    GUEST-STARRING MILES MORALES AND MS. MARVEL!
    When it looks like an enemy of Wakanda has left a signature behind in America, Princess Shuri heads overseas to investigate. But she’s not the only hero on the case. With New York City and New Jersey on the line, there’s no way Miles Morales and Kamala Khan are sitting this one out. Guest creative team Vita Ayala and Paul Davidson take Shuri on a star-studded adventure!
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

MARVEL SUPER HERO ADVENTURES: SPIDER-MAN – WEB DESIGNERS #1
    JED MACKAY, TY TEMPLETON & MORE! (W)
    MARIO DEL PENNINO, TY TEMPLETON & MORE! (A)
    Cover by JACOB CHABOT
    • Hold on to your hats! Spider-Man and his amicable arachnid companions are back in this action-packed tale of adventure for readers of all ages!
    • Don’t miss all your favorite web-slingers in the latest issue of the web-tastic wonder-series that is MARVEL SUPER HERO ADVENTURES!
    32 PGS./ONE-SHOT/All Ages …$3.99

MARVEL RISING #2 (OF 5)
    NILAH MAGRUDER (W) • ROBERTO DI SALVO (A) • Cover by AUDREY MOK
    Variant Cover by Savanna Ganucheau
    THE MAGICAL KINGDOM OF JERSEY!
    Morgan Le Fay has invaded New Jersey! Or should we say…NEW CAMELOT?! And under her mind-twisting rule, the citizens are going crazy! But Ms. Marvel and Squirrel Girl are not about to watch the local bodegas turn into potion-dealing apothecaries. Luckily, they’ve got a few friends to help them out: Spider-Man Miles Morales and Inhuman Inferno! And when former S.H.I.E.L.D. agent Daisy Johnson joins the case, they’re sure to have Morgan on the ropes. Unless, of course, she sends a GIANT HORDE OF MONSTERS AFTER THEM?! Okay, this looks worse than we thought…
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

CHAMPIONS #4
    JIM ZUB (W) • STEVEN CUMMINGS (A)
    Cover by KIM JACINTO
    ASGARDIAN VARIANT COVER
    BY KHOI PHAM
    • Miles Morales...what have you done?
    • The Champions reach a crossroads as dark forces lay their claim.
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I'm curious to see how "Hunted" plays out, but I'm not too keen on the, once more, off-brand numbering for the tie-ins. They can't just call it "Hunted: Gibbon" or "Hunted: Lizard"?

Although I absolutely love that Bachalo is back!

Venom 13- Not a Cullen Bun fan but this series has been great.

Amazing Spider-Man 252 Fascimile- Since the original is expensive and hard to track down, I will settle for this.

ASM- 18-20- Looking forward to Spencers first spider event.

Marvel's Spider-Man City at War 2

Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man 5
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Venom 13- Not a Cullen Bun fan but this series has been great.

Amazing Spider-Man 252 Fascimile- Since the original is expensive and hard to track down, I will settle for this.

ASM- 18-20- Looking forward to Spencers first spider event.

Marvel's Spider-Man City at War 2

Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man 5
    Surprised You’re not getting Web of Venom- Unlike #13 it seems to further Cates Plot- With Carnage stepping from the shadows

Anyway:

ASM
    Venom
    Web of Venom: Cult of Carnage
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Nick Spencer put more work on his plate and gave up sleep to do a Gibbon spotlight issue. FOR US!!! Who can't love this man?
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    Surprised You’re not getting Web of Venom- Unlike #13 it seems to further Cates Plot- With Carnage stepping from the shadows

Anyway:

ASM
    Venom
    Web of Venom: Cult of Carnage
    Ehhh I've given a couple of shot and they were ok. I typically don't do tie-in stuff.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

BANNED

Accidentally Double posted. Can someone help me out ?
    Last edited by Cmbmool; 01-22-2019 at 07:30 PM.

Mighty Member

Am I correct that there is no ASM 17.HU? Is the numbering an indication of chronology (e.g. read 17.HU after 17) or just, you know, "we had to put a number on it"? I see 16.HU in March, 18.HU and 19.HU in April
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

I only pray that Taskmaster and Black Ant appear in some of these one-shots.

Quote Originally Posted by bob/.schoonover View Post
    Am I correct that there is no ASM 17.HU? Is the numbering an indication of chronology (e.g. read 17.HU after 17) or just, you know, "we had to put a number on it"? I see 16.HU in March, 18.HU and 19.HU in April
    If I had to make a prediction, I think these tie-ins might be flashbacks that show us how Black Cat, Lizard, etc. got captured, with .HU maybe being an indicator to read after the regular number because the issue will have some relevant info in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Nick Spencer put more work on his plate and gave up sleep to do a Gibbon spotlight issue. FOR US!!! Who can't love this man?
    It seems to be an advantage of having a relatively prolific writer who doesn't have anything else on his plate at the moment. It's great for Marvel, and probably good for fans, since this can make for a deeper reading experience. The only downside is that there might be confusion from readers about whether they bought a particular issue.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Hey you forgot to mention Spider-man guest staring within Moon girl and Devil Dinosaur in April of 2019.
    MOON GIRL AND DEVIL DINOSAUR #42

BRANDON MONTCLARE (W)

RAY-ANTHONY HEIGHT (A)

Cover by NATACHA BUSTOS

THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN GUEST STARS!

* Lunella and Devil meet the original kid hero himself, Spider-Man!

32 pages, $3.99.

http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stori...arvelapril.htm

Thoughts:

- "The wicked web-slinger called Venom," isn't that SpOck too now? Or should we really count venom separately from the Spider-Man brand by this point? Oh lord, he's our Deadpool .

- Lizard and Bachalo? That never ends well. Who's Curt going to eat this time ?

- One thing I hope separates Spencer's big Spidey stories from Slott's is keeping the focus on Spider-Man and have him really drive the story, which so far from the solicits sounds to be the case.

- I wonder if they'll show Gwen's death in "Life Story" or just allude to it? I'm also curious how Zdarksy's Osborn here compares to his take on him in Spec.

- A hero-for-hire seems to be the only reasonable career Gwen could have as a public Superhero. Kind of weird to see them finally bring up her love life though.

- Now that I think about it, I believe Strange is one of the few major heroes Otto never interacted with as Spider-Man, at least that I can remember...maybe during Infinity?

- It's nice to see Tombstone so prominently used in a Spider-Man title again .

- Feels kind of too little, too late, to finally be trying for some Marvel's Spider-Man synergy with Marvel Super Hero Adventures.

Marvel are really making it easier to drop ASM
    We need better comics