View Poll Results: Are you happy with She-Hulk's current state?

Voters
218. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I think it's a great character evolution.

21 9.63%
  • No, I want fun, classic She-Hulk back.

175 80.28%
  • I don't care about She-Hulk.

22 10.09%
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Isn't Savage She-Hulk just the same as Savage Hulk? That's why Jen underwent a massive change in the first place to make her more distinct from her cousin.
    Savage She-Hulk is more like the debut version of the Hulk (when he was grey and later retconned to be Joe Fixit).

By the time She-Hulk debuted, Hulk was already much different from his debut self, being portrayed as unintelligent and with bad grammar. Usually, that Hulk is called "Savage Hulk" or "Big Guy" now.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    classic she-hulk is starting to show up on other comic covers
    Classic how the editor Renee Witterstaetter dealt with the She-Hulk cover problem that John Byrne almost caused...

BANNED

Sensational She-Hulk #31 Sep 1991
    Interrupted Melody
    She-Hulk wakes up from a bad dream (issues 9-30) and realizing how late it is by reading the legal text at the bottom of the first page,
    rushes to get ready, with a convenient white box provided by Byrne to keep the book approved by the Comics Code.
    She also asks him to give her the “fake McFarlane layouts” he’s using in Namor and
    flies off to pick up Louise Mason in her flying green car for a trip to sunny Florida.

Meanwhile a jet transporting a disgraced rock star is caught in a bad storm and tries to avoid crashing into a mountain,
    but fails when it seems that the mountain moves to intercept them. She-Hulk and Louise hear the report
    and detour to investigate the mysterious moving mountain, which has vanished from the crash site.
    A scientist on the scene named Bob Robertson claims that it was the work of Spragg, the Living Hill.

He relates how he came across Spragg many years ago in Transylvania, after he had enslaved a small village in order to
    build a machine to increase his mental powers. Spragg was an evil member of a race of alien spores that had become trapped
    in the forming Earth and developed Mental powers that they used to create earthquakes. Bob Robertson was immune to Spragg’s
    powers because of the mining helmet he was wearing, and turned the machine into a rocket which sent Spragg into space.

He discovered that Spragg had vaporized upon re-entry into the atmosphere
    and became a force responsible for unexplained natural disasters.

Using a small device, Bob Robertson triggers the Spragg effect, inadvertantly causing a ridge of rock to endanger a nearby town.
    She-Hulk drops from her flying car onto the front of the ridge and places a device to stop the ridge in its tracks.
    However, the sudden stop sends her falling into a huge hole in the Earth that has opened up where the front of the ridge had been.

Script and pencils by John Byrne, inks by Keith Williams
    Quote Originally Posted by KC View Post
    Marvel has destroyed everything that made Jen a fun and unique character
    Might as well let the Earth swallow her whole.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

John Byrne's She-Hulk was THE best.

BANNED

"A new Reddit image showcases She-Hulk star, Tatiana Maslany's, striking resemblance to the titular comic book character during John Byrne's run." https://screenrant.com/she-hulk-tati...n-comic-image/

Character appearances change all the time based on who is drawing them. I'm more impressed by her resemblance to Mark Ruffalo. She looks similar enough to him that she could believably be his cousin.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    She-Hulk hasn't really been in a good place since Civil War II.

I could understand the value of the Tamaki stuff since she was trying to do something interesting with it by examining trauma and the effect on that with a strong and fun heroine, even if the execution wasn't always on-point.

But now she's basically just being written and handled like a female Savage Hulk and I feel like that really devalues the kind of character She-Hulk is and her uniqueness when she's depicted in Avengers or in guest spots as an overly roided-out lady who can only talk in Hulk Speak. That's not really She-Hulk.
    Yeah really my idea of a well-written She-hulk can walk into a courtroom and do lawyer stuff while transformed into She-Hulk.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Yeah really my idea of a well-written She-hulk can walk into a courtroom and do lawyer stuff while transformed into She-Hulk.
    This is the version that needs to come back and it looks like we'll get it in Slott's Fantastic Four. She will be representing the FF in court against the Wizard and the Frightful Four. This sounds like it could be one of Slott's better stories in his FF. I think she should be a semi-regular here as she was during Byrne's run instead of being an Avenger. I expect she will be getting a new solo soon.

BANNED

Byrne’s SENSATIONAL SHE-HULK to Get First EPIC COLLECTION https://13thdimension.com/byrnes-sen...ic-collection/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by pageturner View Post
    she suffers because the large number of other hulks. Bruce. Cho, Skar, The Reds, The other she hulks.

The "brand" is diluted even though they are not all in the forefront at present they sill create at least a small shadow. She shined when it was just her and Bruce
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    she's completely different from those other hulks though

you can't really dilute her, if her brand has been lighthearted, attractive and fun where the other hulks are about power, sadness, and angst
    The She-Hulk Problem is to be solved with help from the marvel characters Cypher, Warlock, Janet AVENGER van Dyne aka Wasp and Werewolf by Night...

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    The She-Hulk Problem is to be solved with help from the marvel characters Cypher, Warlock, Janet AVENGER van Dyne aka Wasp and Werewolf by Night...
    OOH! or Cipher! She's really good at sneaking around and finding things.

BANNED

Thanks for the link to the marvel character Cipher's profile I agree with you that the Cipher character is also able to solve The She-Hulk Problem.

I would also like to see a return of the John Byrne version of the character.

BANNED

Brother Hulk VS Sister She Hulk

BANNED

What a relief to hear at 0:10 she refers to herself as SHE-Hulk No problem then. Classic fun brother versus sister battle.