View Poll Results: Are you happy with She-Hulk's current state?

Voters
218. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I think it's a great character evolution.

21 9.63%
  • No, I want fun, classic She-Hulk back.

175 80.28%
  • I don't care about She-Hulk.

22 10.09%
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by ShulkieFan View Post
    The Fetish Community is on it! :-)

So why not use she-thing/ ms marvel if you want a female monster like hero? They even had kind of the same story with her in the 80s and no one is using her. Plus if he wanted a hulk what about the two red hulks, weapon x hulk, red she-hulk and other tons of hulks out there? Some de-powered? It's a comic. One story and boom they have their powers back. There was no reason to use she-hulk for this at all.

Plus classic she-hulk is starting to show up on other comic covers aready in others books so looks like this version may be thrown out by the next writer anyway.

Whoa. That's a strong, BIG, NO from the majority of the voters, lol!

Someone should show marvel this poll.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Someone should show marvel this poll.
    Yeah, that doesn't work. Take a look at the arguing with the X-Staff when they show up to the X-Men forums here. Or the fact they still haven't addressed OMD. Marvel simply refuses to admit they're wrong. Not every company can be IHOB. I'm sorry, they go by IHOP once again because they, you know, admitted they made a mistake!

she suffers because the large number of other hulks. Bruce. Cho, Skar, The Reds, The other she hulks.

The "brand" is diluted even though they are not all in the forefront at present they sill create at least a small shadow. She shined when it was just her and Bruce

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by pageturner View Post
    she suffers because the large number of other hulks. Bruce. Cho, Skar, The Reds, The other she hulks.

The "brand" is diluted even though they are not all in the forefront at present they sill create at least a small shadow. She shined when it was just her and Bruce

she's completely different from those other hulks though

you can't really dilute her, if her brand has been lighthearted, attractive and fun where the other hulks are about power, sadness, and angst

Quote Originally Posted by ShulkieFan View Post
    Kind of surprised we haven't seen Titania react to any of this yet.

Not that I really want to see Aaron write Titania again.

Extraordinary Member

I said it in the main thread....the reason that Bruce has MPD is the abuse from his childhood and repressing all his feelings. Jen did not have that. So old school She-Hulk was more 'real' to me. She went from attractive normal woman who was a little shy to green skinned amazon extrovert....probably the same way many everyday girl next door types would if put into that body. This whole dumb Hulk groove does not do it for me and actually makes me NOT like the character as much.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    she's completely different from those other hulks though

you can't really dilute her, if her brand has been lighthearted, attractive and fun where the other hulks are about power, sadness, and angst
    depends on how far you want to zero in on the brand.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Kind of surprised we haven't seen Titania react to any of this yet.

Not that I really want to see Aaron write Titania again.
    To be fair, Titania’s been a bit busy being semi-reformed lately so she hasn’t had the need to throw down with Jen. And please let’s not let Aaron write her. He’d have her back as a villain with no explanation.

Extraordinary Member

In Avengers 21, where Jen actually compares being oggled by villains and felt up in fights to what Bruce Banners life is... I’m sorry, but what the actual hell?!

Yes, being groped is awful. But I have a hard time believing its as bad as having three women you are in love with die, being hunted non stop for decades, losing weeks of your life at a time... the list goes on. Not to mention the domestic violence and trauma he suffered through as a child. Bruce Banner’s life is so awful even Mephisto once told him it’s he suffers more just by living than he ever could in hell.

I don’t know exactly where Aaron is actually going with this arc but it seems to me he’s writing a character somehow damaged. It’s She-Hulk wishing she was Batman, striking terror into criminals.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Funny thing is Titania's now in Immortal Hulk.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Extraordinary Member

I’m suddenly just wondering...

...if Aaron’s version of She-Hulk is banging Aaron’s version of Thor...

...does this count as some kind of creator self-gratification? LOL.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    I’m suddenly just wondering...

...if Aaron’s version of She-Hulk is banging Aaron’s version of Thor...

...does this count as some kind of creator self-gratification? LOL.
    Perhaps Thor is Aaron's self-insert?