View Poll Results: Are you happy with She-Hulk's current state?

Voters
218. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I think it's a great character evolution.

21 9.63%
  • No, I want fun, classic She-Hulk back.

175 80.28%
  • I don't care about She-Hulk.

22 10.09%
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

I'd rather have classic happy go lucky fourth wall breaking She-Hulk back, but that's just me.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

What is perspective are we looking at? What reason do we have believe that She Hulk isn't going to perform at her normal level when they put her back to "normal"? Why are we to believe that She hulk is going to perform better in Market with more options like Squirrel Girl, Gwenpool,Ms Marvel,Harley Quinn and Spider Gwen which can pull people away from her? I don't think there is a She Hulk problem they do different things with characters all the time Parker Industries, Devil Hulk, Agent X or War machine Punisher. Fans are extreme creatures of habit and any changes bothers them but any formula done for a long needs to be refreshed so you can appreciate the old.

Quote Originally Posted by ETMike1988 View Post
    While currently Hulk is more intelligent than Bruce himself!
    That's sort of one of Bruce Banner's theories regarding his current Hulk switch in the comics. The Savage Hulk also recently made a reappearance (With the current Hulk referring to him as "The big guy"). We haven't really seen Bruce doing much science-y stuff, since he's on the run again; but we haven't really seen the current Hulk doing any kind of Doc Green or Banner Hulk style stuff (The Hulk in labcoats, basically), although he certainly is very crafty and strategic.

During the Peter David era, there actually was a point where the Merged Hulk, when he got too angry, actually transformed back into Banner, but this Banner had the intelligence/persona of the Savage Hulk.

Waid also had a shot, brain-damaged Banner for a few issues, but this was fixed by Extremis, which also created the Doc Green persona.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

There have been a few times we have seen a savage She-Hulk I think, although those were mainly played partially for laughs during her solo series I think, until the Geoff Johns and Bendis Avengers run, where she wound up messed up during the Red Zone storyline, which led to the Search for She-Hulk, and then her savage side resurfaced during Avengers disassembled for a bit.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

The recently-released Avengers #20 hammered down on the She-Hulk problems, and I was curious to see if there are fans who have changed their mind about their original stance? From the poll, nearly 80% of voters were against Aaron's She-Hulk... does that remain true half a year later?

Quote Originally Posted by DevilBat66 View Post
    I liked her best when she was Deadpool before Deadpool was Deadpool.
    Agree. A lot of those stories were awful but fun to read though.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

After a long, long time of not liking where she was, I just came to like her again at the end of her last series.

Then Aaron had to puke all over her.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Incredible Member

Let's be clear: You can have a fun, sassy, sexy She Hulk as big as a house right? Are we talking about the personality that's been given her or is this really a way of saying I want a fun, sassy, sexy She Hulk that's fit for my gaze, but I'll use "Femminist" arguments, so I don't get called on it. The problem with "The She Hulk Problem" is it's stasis. Male heroes get power creeps/upgrades all the time. She Hulk deserves this as well. And yeah, she should look bigger and stronger, not simply a taller Gamora.

Where Aaron gets things wrong is not only giving her a "Male" Hulk persona (Because bigger muscles, means slower speech and comprehension like say, Immortal Hulk... oh wait...)

He tells us that Jen is "happy" with her new form and powerset... then undercuts the presentation by treating "Hulk" as comic relief muscle (without her being aware of the joke apparently) and not particularly smart in how she uses it. That her teammates basically use her as a Brick to throw at something (T'Challa is the only exception). Thor "Loves" her, but nothing Aaron has written convinces that it's true love (That he did better with Jane Foster a character that had been sidelined for years and little more than kidnap fodder before that, shows me that he works better with characters that have previously established relationships.)

Other writers have engaged the problem by coming up with more organic, believable directions. Dan Slott had the best idea: Jennifer goes to the gym, works out to stay fit and She Hulk powers up accordingly. Would that have been more acceptable if Jen/She Hulk was getting bigger/stronger exponentially and had to deal with conflicting emotions?

This is so obviously not permanent; all the walkbacks are in place. At some point she releases the Gamma within her (to close the Green Door perhaps?) And she's back to "normal". I hope not; Aaron was willing to leave Thor and Jane in a different place. I want to see the same for Jennifer.

I missed how she looked and acted back when she was still a lawyer and not the train wreck she is now both visually and character-wise. Seriously after CWII, she was ruined for me. Marvel really has no luck when it comes to their lead female characters with very few exceptions. It will probably a long while before we get the Jennifer who looks good and kicked ass while doing so before looking at the reader with some witty comment right before the chapter ended.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    The recently-released Avengers #20 hammered down on the She-Hulk problems, and I was curious to see if there are fans who have changed their mind about their original stance? From the poll, nearly 80% of voters were against Aaron's She-Hulk... does that remain true half a year later?
    I can only speak for myself but here goes -

I still think it's awful. Jen's She-Hulk is nothing more than a carbon copy of Hulk now. Aaron has taken everything unique about the character and flushed those qualities straight down the toilet.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    Characters are unfortunately changed to fit stories as opposed to stories being made to suit characters.
    Isn't that the truth!

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

For me, Jen showing a more brutish, darker side of her Hulk persona in and of itself isn't a problem, as she has shown this before in the past (Disassembled, Search for She-Hulk, even Sensational under Gerber), but Aaron's implementation is a bit weak, though I'm more tolerant of it than other fans as a whole.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    For me, Jen showing a more brutish, darker side of her Hulk persona in and of itself isn't a problem, as she has shown this before in the past (Disassembled, Search for She-Hulk, even Sensational under Gerber), but Aaron's implementation is a bit weak, though I'm more tolerant of it than other fans as a whole.
    I think my issue of it is that it's now her de-facto persona, especially when other writers take and run with it so we're stuck with Hulked-out She-Hulk who is barely different from the male Hulk.

I originally thought this was just a character arc that was going to culminate into a She-Hulk centric Avengers story arc, but now I'm not so sure. We are nearing the two-year mark. I'm not really sure where this is going.

Aaron does have the characters openly acknowledge her change. Strange and T'Challa have been working with her. Jen's given voice and thoughts to her new form, so that led me to believe this was going to come to a head sooner or later. Just not sure anymore.
    The J-man

All-New Member
    Last edited by ShulkieFan; 07-13-2019 at 07:50 AM.