View Poll Results: Are you happy with She-Hulk's current state?

Voters
218. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I think it's a great character evolution.

21 9.63%
  • No, I want fun, classic She-Hulk back.

175 80.28%
  • I don't care about She-Hulk.

22 10.09%
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    Perhaps Thor is Aaron's self-insert?
    Thanks, now I'll never get the image of Thor/Aaron getting busy with "Totally Not Brute Hulk" She-Hulk out of my head lol.
    Last edited by Celgress; 07-13-2019 at 09:15 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    So why not use she-thing/ ms marvel if you want a female monster like hero? They even had kind of the same story with her in the 80s and no one is using her. Plus if he wanted a hulk what about the two red hulks, weapon x hulk, red she-hulk and other tons of hulks out there? Some de-powered? It's a comic. One story and boom they have their powers back. There was no reason to use she-hulk for this at all.

Plus classic she-hulk is starting to show up on other comic covers aready in others books so looks like this version may be thrown out by the next writer anyway.
    I like that suggestion. She-Thing would have been perfect for this role and given a character that hasn't been used much some attention. There isn't even too much from what Aaron has done that would need to be changed.

I wonder what Ewing's take on She-Hulk would have been.

Quote Originally Posted by beetee View Post
    Let's be clear: You can have a fun, sassy, sexy She Hulk as big as a house right? Are we talking about the personality that's been given her or is this really a way of saying I want a fun, sassy, sexy She Hulk that's fit for my gaze, but I'll use "Femminist" arguments, so I don't get called on it. The problem with "The She Hulk Problem" is it's stasis. Male heroes get power creeps/upgrades all the time. She Hulk deserves this as well. And yeah, she should look bigger and stronger, not simply a taller Gamora.

Where Aaron gets things wrong is not only giving her a "Male" Hulk persona (Because bigger muscles, means slower speech and comprehension like say, Immortal Hulk... oh wait...)

He tells us that Jen is "happy" with her new form and powerset... then undercuts the presentation by treating "Hulk" as comic relief muscle (without her being aware of the joke apparently) and not particularly smart in how she uses it. That her teammates basically use her as a Brick to throw at something (T'Challa is the only exception). Thor "Loves" her, but nothing Aaron has written convinces that it's true love (That he did better with Jane Foster a character that had been sidelined for years and little more than kidnap fodder before that, shows me that he works better with characters that have previously established relationships.)

Other writers have engaged the problem by coming up with more organic, believable directions. Dan Slott had the best idea: Jennifer goes to the gym, works out to stay fit and She Hulk powers up accordingly. Would that have been more acceptable if Jen/She Hulk was getting bigger/stronger exponentially and had to deal with conflicting emotions?

This is so obviously not permanent; all the walkbacks are in place. At some point she releases the Gamma within her (to close the Green Door perhaps?) And she's back to "normal". I hope not; Aaron was willing to leave Thor and Jane in a different place. I want to see the same for Jennifer.
    I want a fun She-Hulk. That's how I was first introduced to her.
    The Gypsies had no home. The Doors had no bass.

Does our reality determine our fiction or does our fiction determine our reality?

Whenever the question comes up about who some mysterious person is or who is behind something the answer will always be Frank Stallone.

"This isn't a locking the barn doors after the horses ran way situation this is a burn the barn down after the horses ran away situation."

Extraordinary Member

Something nagging at me.

In the Aaron Avenger issue, we hear Jen complaining through her internal monologue about getting “felt up” in fights with super villains.

If that were the case, wouldn’t it be happening to pretty much EVERY female hero?

And if that’s the case, what would so many keep wearing skin tight spandex?
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

I think that She-Hulk arc where she gets to go to space as a Space Attorney or something was my very first comic ever bought (well, first comic with a whole arc over some of the strangest issues which could be find in tobacco stores when I was a kid). It's the story where she buffed out like crazy when Jen worked out, and I really found the character funnier and more appealing when she wasn't just a sexy bimbo but had more mass. So, for me, her current and grey-green form from Tamaki's run are or were great.

However, it doesn't mean she should be presented as dumb. A little overwhelmed by her newfound strength perhaps, but Jennifer is far from dumb and her powers shouldn't revert her to a primitive state when her cousin, far more irradiated, is precisely going in a whole other direction !

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    Something nagging at me.

In the Aaron Avenger issue, we hear Jen complaining through her internal monologue about getting “felt up” in fights with super villains.

If that were the case, wouldn’t it be happening to pretty much EVERY female hero?

I mean it kinda works since you expect some of the villains Jen fights to be creeps but Aaron just makes it sound rampant and if it was so bad Jen would've quit on one of the numerous time they found a Hulk cure.

Thor gets sexually manhandled by female villains like Enchantress and Moondragon and he doesn't bitch.
    "Cable was right!"

Something nagging at me.

I guess because they have carte blanche to beat the ever living stuffing out of creeps who try to feel them up since they're Supervillains?

Something nagging at me.

She-Hulk honestly never struck me as the type who would put much thought into some scumbag trying to feel her up while she's pummeling him. I mean, obviously no woman wants non-consensual contact, but a groping super-villain doesn't seem like something that would push She-Hulk over the edge and into self-hatred territory when she's always been far more confident than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    I think that She-Hulk arc where she gets to go to space as a Space Attorney or something was my very first comic ever bought (well, first comic with a whole arc over some of the strangest issues which could be find in tobacco stores when I was a kid). It's the story where she buffed out like crazy when Jen worked out, and I really found the character funnier and more appealing when she wasn't just a sexy bimbo but had more mass. So, for me, her current and grey-green form from Tamaki's run are or were great.

However, it doesn't mean she should be presented as dumb. A little overwhelmed by her newfound strength perhaps, but Jennifer is far from dumb and her powers shouldn't revert her to a primitive state when her cousin, far more irradiated, is precisely going in a whole other direction !
    I'd be more okay with She-Hulk looking beefy and super-muscular than I am with the portrayal of her personality. At her core, She-Hulk is sensational, and her personality here is just so different from what longtime She-Hulk fans know and love.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I mean it kinda works since you expect some of the villains Jen fights to be creeps but Aaron just makes it sound rampant and if it was so bad Jen would've quit on one of the numerous time they found a Hulk cure.

Thor gets sexually manhandled by female villains like Enchantress and Moondragon and he doesn't bitch.
    I mean, it's a bit different for men and women. Especially since in the 60's and 70's it was the male fantasy of the femme fatale Enchantress "dominating" superhero stand-in Thor. But I do think it's changing for the better as time goes on and people become more aware that men can be the target of sexual harassment and assault by women.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I'd be more okay with She-Hulk looking beefy and super-muscular than I am with the portrayal of her personality. At her core, She-Hulk is sensational, and her personality here is just so different from what longtime She-Hulk fans know and love.
    To be honest it feels like they were already on the path of doing that when you looked at how they depicted her physique pre-Civil War II. And it wasn't as over-exaggerated as her current look.

Her current look just feels like a huge step back for the character (and female heroes in general).

Not only that but she DID lose her powers around right after cw and when reed offers to restore them she jumps at his offer. She wanted her powers back! Ironic thing is that issue was the "heroes act out of character due to other people from another universe" issue that explained away she-hulk sleeping with juggernaut! (and now she is sleeping with thor! Lol)

Something nagging at me.

Not necessarily. Harassment can take many forms.

Cause it's not what they are wearing that is making these villains grope them.

so is she still dating Thor?
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    so is she still dating Thor?
    Either they'll be broken up in time for the new Thor writer to do his thing or Aaron will get to exclusively develop it in Avengers while Thor's relationship status in his ongoing will be irrelevant.

But I don't think it's long for this world.

BANNED

i remember pip the troll walk under her during the trial of starfox thing and claim she was going commando

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Either they'll be broken up in time for the new Thor writer to do his thing or Aaron will get to exclusively develop it in Avengers while Thor's relationship status in his ongoing will be irrelevant.

But I don't think it's long for this world.
    oh okay. Things just seemed liek they were clicking in the first arc. Then they had a bad date. Then Jen is telling Thor's mom they are dating.

Then they are all skinny dipping and she's glancing at Blade for a second so I wasn't sure where everythign stood.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    i remember pip the troll walk under her during the trial of starfox thing and claim she was going commando
    wait.....what comic was this?
    The J-man