Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by adkal View Post
    There was a certain scene that reminded me of a discussion we (and others) had a long time ago about Kal's limits and the difficult (and heartbreaking) choices he has to make. I hoped (caught in the moment) that you would show him 'finding another way' but I knew from the tone leading to that point that that wasn't going to happen.

*sniff*
    The bridge thing? Yeah, I wanted to show the kind of choices Clark has to face on a nearly constant basis and the toll that takes. I think one of the more interesting facets of Superman is what he *doesnt* do, as opposed to what he does. When a man can do anything, the trick becomes what he chooses not to. Sometimes Superman does pull a win out of his ass, but not always.

And, believe it or not, that scene actually plays into the larger overall narrative. It happened for a very specific reason. So, who knows, when all is said and done? Perhaps Clark does pull out that win. But that'd be spoiling things.

If you ever do get around to doing more, you have a reader waiting
    Ha! That's one!

EDIT: Oh, hey, did anyone else try to read it? Did I set it right so everyone can see it? If not no worries, I hate reading fanfic too.
    Last edited by Ascended; 02-06-2019 at 07:44 PM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

There's a second one over here my friend.

I love how you could combine some of the golden age elements to bronze age for the modern age. A scarred Superman. Give me that. The mild mannered Clark Kent who is a pain in the *ss for the high and mighty. Please give me that. The three of them. The public personas as well as the real person. Do give me that. Superman in the laboratory/garage? Man i love that. Keelex as a sort of Jarvis. Can you read my mind or something?

I loved that short view. Jimmy is besties with Clark. Lois who is Lois but still has concern for Clark. I give a thumbs up.

My only nitpick is that the dialogue did not flow naturally. Which is to be expected. Its a character study. Not a story. Its far better then my gimmicky fanfics at any rate.
    Last edited by Soubhagya; 02-10-2019 at 08:39 PM.

I am in the middle of another story. But so far it has been only a collection of ideas.

The villain would be Solaris. The tyrant Sun. Previously, Superman had stopped him from taking the place of the sun. And he had fled to another galaxy.

Solaris is involved in making his own solar system. Terraforming planets into living planets who would follow him.

There is a cult which wants Solaris to replace the actual sun. They help in sending the terraforming technology from Earth. Something which is here because Zod tried that before. But Superman stopped him.

And Solaris has his own interplanetary cult. It began from one planet where people worship him.

So the story is of Superman trying to stop Solaris and his minions from committing genocide. Terraforming a planet to make it a living cyborg planet.
    Last edited by Soubhagya; 02-10-2019 at 08:51 PM.