Page 95 of 105 FirstFirst ... 4585919293949596979899 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,425 of 1573

Problem is, SHIELD is kaput. So they'll have to find something else for her to do.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Problem is, SHIELD is kaput. So they'll have to find something else for her to do.
    There are more possible stories to tell than the SHIELD one. It was used as an example of Sue working perfectly fine without being attached at the hip to Reed. Cameo's, guest appearances, all of those things can and should happen. It wouldn't "break" the character, just like it doesn't break other members of her family when they get to do it.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Also, it seems like Gail Simone will be writing Alicia's bachelorette party. So we'll have a female writer writing Sue very soon!

I can't wait to see Sue kick ass again in the issue 3 next month.
    Oh my gosh I can’t wait to read that. I wonder if they’ll get a stripper? I wonder what alicia’s type is?

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by mrbrklyn View Post
    Susan Richards would never lie to her husband and then disappear.
    This would be an idealized and perfect Susan, who isn't our Susan.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    This would be an idealized and perfect Susan, who isn't our Susan.
    No, that is just a nornmal person who is married to someone for 30 years with 2 children who has a good marriage.

BANNED

eh, the wholething is an elsewheres sory at this point. Not everything is cannon, and just because they made this mistake once, doesn't mean they should do it again. It wasn't even in an FF book, which is why I never read it.

Likewise, this whole idea that Reed would join a cladestine group to fix the worlds problems with Tony Stark et al... Reed is not do that either. So these cartacters have suffered some abuse over the years. It is Comicbooks. Sometimes things go wrong.

Implausible but not impossible for a normal married person to do.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    G.I. Joe.

Spectacular Member

No, that is just a nornmal person who is married to someone for 30 years with 2 children who has a good marriage.
    Except that's really not the case. Casting realtime into marvel time doesn't compute.

For as long as the kids were grade school aged, the marriage might have been 8-10 years. Moving Franklin up to a 15-16 year-old, the marriage would be anywhere from 15-20 years.

I get where you're coming from though. You believe that Sue shouldn't have a life outside the family. That's fine, that's your opinion.
    Just because others think that maybe she could have adventures outside the family, it doesn't make it 'out of character' - it just gives her character more depth - at least in my mind.

I've always felt the character was weighed down by the kids - but more for the fact that they weren't allowed to grow up. Using the kids as plot devices and not full fledged characters has really let them stagnate. Now that they've been aged up, it would be nice to see them featured as guests in other books - and without their parents. The ageing also enables Sue to be less homebound.

SHIELD being dismantled happens all the time. It'll be back in operation soon enough.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BAS View Post
    Except that's really not the case. Casting realtime into marvel time doesn't compute.

For as long as the kids were grade school aged, the marriage might have been 8-10 years. Moving Franklin up to a 15-16 year-old, the marriage would be anywhere from 15-20 years.

I get where you're coming from though. You believe that Sue shouldn't have a life outside the family.
    It depends on what one means by outside her familiy. If it means that Susan, as the Matriach of her family can never exist without involvment of her family in her life, then yes. Susan Richards is a women with happy baggage (as are we all are). If it means that Susan can't have iniitative, can't have friends, can't interact freely with others, and is repressed, that would be wrong. Susan is a fully developed character with a family, not a prisioner to her kitchen baking cookies.

She has chosen this life, and she chose good, btw. But she is not going to run out on a quite day to Avengers Mansion... she has almost no quiet days. She is busy with her life, and her family is her life. That is what makes the FF such a compelling story. It is a family book.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    SHIELD being dismantled happens all the time. It'll be back in operation soon enough.

yup and shield always treats their lady folk with grace and beauty.

Spectacular Member

It depends on what one means by outside her familiy. If it means that Susan, as the Matriach of her family can never exist without involvment of her family in her life, then yes. Susan Richards is a women with happy baggage (as are we all are). If it means that Susan can't have iniitative, can't have friends, can't interact freely with others, and is repressed, that would be wrong. Susan is a fully developed character with a family, not a prisioner to her kitchen baking cookies.

She has chosen this life, and she chose good, btw. But she is not going to run out on a quite day to Avengers Mansion... she has almost no quiet days. She is busy with her life, and her family is her life. That is what makes the FF such a compelling story. It is a family book.
    But you're arguing that Sue shouldn't be featured in her own series or mini - you can't make her prisoner to the Fantastic Four series proper and they say she's not a prisoner. You're contradicting yourself.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BAS View Post
    But you're arguing that Sue shouldn't be featured in her own series or mini - you can't make her prisoner to the Fantastic Four series proper and they say she's not a prisoner. You're contradicting yourself.
    You are not making any sense. She is a fictional character, you know. She can exist in the FF and not be a prisioner if her character doesn't call for taking walkabouts the marvel universe. If I was Susan and lived in the Marvel Universe, I wouldn't want to have anything to do with any of it. Who in the Marvel Universe aside from the members of the FF seem like good people to befriend? Wolverene? The crazier and more depressed their characters are, the more they sell. And that is what they want to do to Susan as well... make her crazy, depressed, divorced, living in a disfunctional house!! Oh the Drama!

You are not making any sense. She is a fictional character, you know. She can exist in the FF and not be a prisioner if her character doesn't call for taking walkabouts the marvel universe. If I was Susan and lived in the Marvel Universe, I wouldn't want to have anything to do with any of it. Who in the Marvel Universe aside from the members of the FF seem like good people to befriend? Wolverene? The crazier and more depressed their characters are, the more they sell. And that is what they want to do to Susan as well... make her crazy, depressed, divorced, living in a disfunctional house!! Oh the Drama!
    As you said she is a fictional character which means that she can adventure all over the MU without it becoming an issue. She could travel the world and not miss any main Fantastic Four adventure. There is no problem with her doing her own thing from time to time.

And who are you talking about in the bolded sentence? Because no one has asked for that. Her being more active in the MU does not equal the things you talk about.

You arguments fall flat when her husband gets to go off and do what he wants with no complaints. Yet when the same is brought up for Sue there seems to be an issue for some reason (we all know what that reason truly is).
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

The way this entire discussion about Sue is progressing it is obvious we are projecting our own views about Sue here and to various degrees hold them as absolute. As to which one of those is the definitive one for Sue, well, we are all going to keep on discussing it, from the way it shows no sign of abating.

I do wonder how much of our own real-life family upbringing creeps into the discussion with regard to family roles and dynamics. Because I sense a bit of that here.
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    G.I. Joe.